news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 08-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #1
p-rok73
Veteran Member

p-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal son
Default GI Joe Movie What do you think?

Has anyone seen this? If so what do you think about it? I found it strange that the movie studio didn't let any critics review it. I might go & see it but was just wondering..
p-rok73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
wuswordz95
Veteran Member

wuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken masta

i heard that cobra commander wants to reunite with his father. his fatherw ill only agree to a reconcilation if the angels win the pennant.
wuswordz95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
p-rok73
Veteran Member

p-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal son

^^ It would of made for more drama if the Cubs won the pennant instead of the Angels, but maybe for part 2.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #4
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the only reason i would even consider seeing this is to see sienna miller as the baroness because she looks wicked sexy in the commercial...but that's not a strong enough reason...looks nothing like GI Joe at all

what part is Christopher Eccleston playing?
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Is Sergeant Slaughter in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #6
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

No, this is a origin story set 10 year prior
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:05 AM   #7
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-rok73 View Post
Has anyone seen this? If so what do you think about it? I found it strange that the movie studio didn't let any critics review it. I might go & see it but was just wondering..
If the studio won't let anyone review it then there's a reason for that. Steer well clear of it!

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:07 AM   #8
Icurus
Veteran Member

Icurus grasshopper

The movie was awesome Spoiler*** its an origin story of how Cobra commander and Destro come to power...
Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched
Icurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:12 AM   #9
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

decide 4 urself
http://www.letmewatchthis.com/index....n=32242&part=1
http://www.letmewatchthis.com/index....n=32242&part=2
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #10
p-rok73
Veteran Member

To the GI Joe fans who liked the movie you can get these that are based on the movie characters:http://nicekicks.com/2009/08/nike-gi...ck/#more-40521
Old 08-08-2009, 12:17 PM   #11
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

deciding the quality of a movie based on a cam rip converted to streaming .flv is like judging an album based on a 32kbps real player stream. but you know...

this shit is probably wack anyway
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:49 PM   #12
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The trailer was the wackest shit ever.
Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:29 AM   #13
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
deciding the quality of a movie based on a cam rip converted to streaming .flv is like judging an album based on a 32kbps real player stream. but you know...

this shit is probably wack anyway
a shit sammich is a shit sammich whether its on a silver platter or dirty ashtray.

lots of cool future tech in the flick. the paris chase was dope but overall....

Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #14
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ lmao. Yeah, I refuse to watch this movie.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #15
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I absolutley HATED the trailer for this but the positive buzz from the movie blogs helped me in deciding to finally go and see it.

First of all I want to say that I was really into G.I JOE as a kid (or Action Force as it was known here) so I was really looking forward to this film when it was first announced. Then the casting came, then the pics and then the trailer. The more I saw of this film the more I didn't like the look of it. Suprise suprise though cos after finally watching it I came away with a good feeling, this movie was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. It felt like JOE to me.

What makes it JOE.
It had the characters (albeit some alterations were made to them) it had the vehicles and it had the action. Unlike Transformers it ran at a good pace and mostly things felt right when compared to what had gone before.

I don't want to keep comparing it to Transformers 2 but as it's another property I loved as a kid I feel the comparison is necessary in order to illustrate my likes and dislikes and help show how faithfully the makers kept things.

To me Transformers 2 felt like something the film makers completely made up and then slapped the name Transformers 2 to it in order to sell it. That film had taken far too many liberties with the property that it just never really felt like a true Transformers movie, the first was much more successful in that aspect.

Probably the main difference that was given to this movie was making the JOE's a more international special forces unit by making some members brought from other countries, kinda like the UN but with much better hardware. I can see why alot of americans didn't like that change but for me seeing as the cartoon was known as "International Heroes" as opposed to "A Real American Hero" it didn't really bother me, in fact it actually made more sense because if such a unit were to exist no way could one country afford all the hardware these Joe's get to play with. But saying that there were still some annoyances, like Heavy Duty for example, the actor playing him is british in real life yet he puts on such an over the top cockney accent that it just got so annoying, and this is coming from someone who lives in england.

Overall I thought that they stuck with the source material alot better. Director Stephen Summer's is suprisingly restraint when using sfx. Instead of the cgi mind fuck he forced on us with Van Helsing he instead made alot better use of it here while also including alot of great practical fx.

The casting was spotty at best and the script could have done with more work but other than that I thought it was a fun summer flick that hit most of the right notes. It's a shame it's probably not going to make as much as Transformers (Giant robots just being more exciting to watch on screen than high tech soldiers) but this film to me succeeded in more ways than Transformers 2, and with that I give it a very respectable 7/10

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote