news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 08-10-2009, 09:30 AM   #31
harm77
Veteran Member

harm77 Imbecile

i gotta say action wise, it was excellent. But honestly, it didnt feel like a Gi Joe movie at all. I think Channing Tatum's portrayal of Duke was boring as hell. Snake eyes by far was the best part of this movie. Second i would have to say was the underwater battle scene. The concept of how destro got his mask at the end was corny ass hell and was obviously made up to suit the movie.Snake eyes mask from the eyes up was great but that fake mouth looked ridiculous! It looked like he was smiling throughout the whole movie. it was just un neccesary. i hope this movie gets a reboot in a few years and done the way sit should be.
harm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:35 AM   #32
Senator C. Palantine
Wobbling Totem Poles

Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

when i saw the advert for this film i thought to myself 'which kind of sad faggit would actually choose to watch this film'.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:45 AM   #33
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

And yet these are the same people that praised Transformers 2. Go figure.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #34
BRONZBODY
Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!!

BRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to BRONZBODY Send a message via MSN to BRONZBODY

it was better than both transformers movies.

im also glad they did not base it off the original gi joe cartoon, i loved the old school one dont get me wrong but it was a bit corny. sienna miller as the baroness is HAWT!!! been wanting to hit that shit since keen eddie. jude law is a douche for cheating on her.

the movie was based of of Sigma 6 right(correct me if im wrong)
Old 08-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #35
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Actually the movie is based off the eighties version, they just took elements of sigma 6.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:06 AM   #36
BRONZBODY
Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!!

BRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
Actually the movie is based off the eighties version, they just took elements of sigma 6.
ok cool. i knew it was something like that.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #37
Poetic Wun
Non-Ignorants

Poetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to Poetic Wun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
dude that guy's named Tatum Deucher!? haahhahahahahahahahhaah!

man, what a fitting name. dude was a total doucher
i think so-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
although one crucial difference between lord of the rings/star wars and gi joe/x-men/iron man whatever is that the mileu of most/fantasy scifi films is an entirely different reality than ours with correspondingly different rules and the latter films are supposed to take place in a reality like ours. but the rest of your point still stands.
lol i was thinkin that but wasn't guna say nothin

Poetic Wun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #38
BRONZBODY
Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!!

well it was better than transformers imo. both of em...michael bay is the fucking antichrist.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:27 AM   #39
IrOnMaN
I understand

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I can ALWAYS tell how good or bad a movie is going to be just by watching the trailer.
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #40
IrOnMaN
I understand

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

And just for the record, Transformers 2: Revenge of The Fallen was freaking awesome! Just my opinion.
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:33 AM   #41
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

what do people outside the united states think of G.I Joe?

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #42
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRONZBODY View Post
well it was better than transformers imo. both of em...michael bay is the fucking antichrist.
Word. Michael Bay needs to be put on trial in The Hague for his fucking crimes against humanity with his shitty movies and remakes that suck dick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:07 PM   #43
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
when i saw the advert for this film i thought to myself 'which kind of sad faggit would actually choose to watch this film'.
me and a friend met some girls at a bar. he was texting with one then sent me a text saying we're going to the movies with them. i thought, cool, they were cool girls and why not i need to see a movie.

i get there, they're already in and i ask what movie.

they say GI JOE, i was like woooooowwwww. turns out HE picked it.

those girls went drier then a fucking pringle

stylemaster, if they try to escape from reality but suck at it it's the worst movie in the fucking universe most of the time. escaping too far from reality is a risky move that only masters like lucas can do. but you has Hasbro trying to come with some unreal shit, you're gonna be in for it.

Dark Knight was realisitic and THE SHIT, i prefer tastefully realisitic, not robot ninjas and homeless white kids in japan that know kung fu.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #44
stashlova

stashlova crouching tigerstashlova crouching tiger

It was a good blend of the comics and the cartoon. I thought it was entertaining.

"Cause she's my bitch - the only cat that i lick
Throwin that ass like Ciara on the top of that whip...""
stashlova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:36 PM   #45
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
although one crucial difference between lord of the rings/star wars and gi joe/x-men/iron man whatever is that the mileu of most/fantasy scifi films is an entirely different reality than ours with correspondingly different rules and the latter films are supposed to take place in a reality like ours. but the rest of your point still stands.
gi joe had:
zartan who changed colors and had the power of invisibility.
cobra commander came from a ancient race of reptilian aliens that was hell bent on ruling the world.
two major characters of the series. both were in the movie.
what part of our reality is that?

xmen: mutants with superhuman powers like turning into ice and shooting lasers from the eyes.
why would black leather costumes and a scientific explanation somehow make the icebody and laser eyes more realistic?
the nigga has already turned into ice. why not be true to the rest of the fantasy?

ironman: well downey said(parphrasing) " iron man was supposed to realistic as possible. i am curious to see how green monsters(hulk), giant superheroes(ant man) and norse gods (thor) will fit into this universe."
commenting on Avengers.

dark knight was good. but thats the thing about batman. he had no powers. he was a detective/vigilante who relied on tech, training, and intelligence. the whole allure of the batman story is that it could really happen and that reality WAS the connection with the audience.

not everyone needs to pic up a mic and rap. just like not everyone needs to pick up an action figure and make a movie. @ micheal bay
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote