news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 08-25-2009, 11:29 AM   #31
baby jesus
Veteran Member

baby jesus crouching tigerbaby jesus crouching tiger

The Movie Was Good A Little Long And Boring At Times. I Really Could Of Did Without The Chick Movie Theatre Owner German War Hero Storyline It Did Nothing For Me. Should Have Had More Of The Basterds.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:20 PM   #32
Buzk
Veteran Member

Buzk prodigal sonBuzk prodigal sonBuzk prodigal sonBuzk prodigal sonBuzk prodigal sonBuzk prodigal son

just saw it 2 hours ago, brilliant movie! tarantino and brad cant go wrong.
I almost fell out my seat laughing during the scene when they were trying to speak italian.
the basement scene where they were sitting next to the nazi officer was one of the highlights for me, that stiglitz dude wanted to kill him so bad lol

Buzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #33
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

saw it again today...i was so hungry during the strudel scene...LMAO
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:49 AM   #34
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

umm, I love Strudel, my mom usually does the version with apples in it, great stuff
Old 08-29-2009, 12:23 PM   #35
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

he made that shit look so tastey..eloels.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:00 AM   #36
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

saw it today, awesome. QT always nails the soundtrack. I hear he hears the music for a scene before he actually writes it which would explain a lot. Many a lol moment. great all around

He hit the bingo

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:31 AM   #37
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
umm, I love Strudel, my mom usually does the version with apples in it, great stuff
i'd love to eat your mom's strudel

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:33 AM   #38
Lex Lugor
Parcheesi faced

Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lol
Lex Lugor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:48 AM   #39
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
eloels.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:49 PM   #40
Bosn

Bosn shaolin monk

The tension created by the dialogue in this film was brilliantly crafted. I was gripped every time Landa said anything. For me though, this was all that separated this movie from being good, and being not so good. The violence depicted was some of the most gratuitous violence I have seen in a while (outside of zombie flicks haha). I honestly thought the stylized violence in Kill Bill was more tasteful. While it's hard to say that the brutality of the violence wasn't justified, considering the inhumane nature of the holocaust, somehow it was. Some people might argue that the excessive brutality was a huge part of the political message being sent, however the atrocities committed had me sympathizing with the Germans, which may or may not have been part of Tarantino's aim with the film. Regardless, I walked out of the theatre asking myself why so much violence was necessary, which takes away from the great characters and fairly interesting plot of the film.

The music selection was a bizarre arrangement, that sounded kind of like he simply applied the Kill Bill soundtrack to this movie. It fit well in some parts, but overall it didn't fit nearly as well as it did on Kill Bill.

Overall I give it a 8 out of 10 for the great characters.
Bosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #41
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

hes was going for a specific type of film, a spaghetti western set in ww2...so thats why it looked and felt the way it did regarding the violence...and also, he just loves exploitation...u gotta take it in like a zombie exploitation flick, and let the rest raise it above that.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #42
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^I enjoyed the film and Landa's probably one of the best character's that's come from Tarantino imo...but to me the exploitation tone sits uncomfortably with the backdrop of actual historical events...it's just weird and kind of tasteless to treat ww2 as a simply film genre and then do a pastiche of it lol but the staging of the action, the performances and the characterization were all well done.

as far as the soundtrack/musical arrangement...i'd say it's the weakest in his filmography to date...but that's probably because he stepped out his comfort zone of mostly 60s-70s soul and funk music, obscure/weird pop music and morricone or morricone-esque instrumentals

Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 09-05-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #43
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

its clear that its like an Earth-2 version of ww2..eloels, so that kinda helps...and its directly influenced by exploitation war films...tho i see what u mean...since i felt the way u did until the end where Hitler....well, u kno...eloels...then i was like, AH i see. well done.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #44
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^oh very true lol
this is one of the rare films where like the last 15-20 minutes or so actually raises the bar rather than fizzles out predictably
i also felt that in this...and to an extent the kill bill movies as well, he didn't have the greatest handle on the pacing...it felt somewhat uneven whereas reservoir dogs, pulp fiction...even jackie brown and the grindhouse flick showed an absolute control over the pacing.
the highest compliment i can give it as that i definitely want to watch it again
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #45
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
hahahhaahhaha good one