news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 08-10-2009, 06:32 PM   #16
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
At first i was an atheist because I rejected Catholicism , but as I did more research, began to believe in the scientific principals that could explain spirituality, and a stream of infinite consciousness that is never ending and always beginning again.
Quote:
Atheism can be either the rejection of theism,[1] or the position that deities do not exist.[2] In the broadest sense, it is the absence of belief in the existence of deities.[3]
first sentence of wikipedia definition
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

if brock is an atheist...i can't tell.
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #17
Mr. Muhammad
Manifestation of Allah

Mr. Muhammad iron monkeyMr. Muhammad iron monkeyMr. Muhammad iron monkeyMr. Muhammad iron monkey

Salaam (Peace) to all...

Are there no more responses?

RM
Mr. Muhammad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:15 PM   #18
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

To answer your question, we're all made up of the same stuff. Everything is comprised of energy.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #19
Mr. Muhammad
Manifestation of Allah

Mr. Muhammad iron monkeyMr. Muhammad iron monkeyMr. Muhammad iron monkeyMr. Muhammad iron monkey

Quote:
To answer your question, we're all made up of the same stuff. Everything is comprised of energy.
Thank you for your response.

Would you say, then, in light of the above, that there is no aspect of our Being, as human beings, that is not Natural to (inherent in) the Universe?

Looking forward to your response.

RM
Mr. Muhammad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:43 PM   #20
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
Atheism means that you don't believe in God. There is no gray area. It has nothing to do with spirituality or believing in God but not religion. An atheist strictly believes that there is no God. If you believe in God or you are spiritual, you are not atheist. Stop confusing these kids beautifulrock.
i am agnostic, but bordering on athiest. if there is a god, i don't believe it's the one written about in the bible, torah or koran.

Quote:
Whether or not God exists, the life of someone who believed in God is 9 times out of 10 better then the life of someone who didn't believe in God .
can i see your scientific proof?

Quote:
You want to live your whole life believing in God, and be wrong? Or you want to live your whole life not believing in God and be wrong?.
let's pretend there really is a god. well he made me this way. he made me not believe in him. i can't change what i believe just because you tell me to.

Quote:
Its okay to question your faith. But realize that believing in evolution without God takes just as much faith.
this one takes the cake. just because you have faith in something doesn't make it true. as a kid i had faith there was santa clause, easter bunny, tooth fairy and the boogie man. none of these exist. the difference between science (evolution) and religion (god/creationism) is that science tests and retests its theories. sometimes they get it wrong and have to come up with another theory. religion doesn't allow for facts to interfere with their beliefs. they will not admit to being wrong and this has been going on for thousands of years.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:07 AM   #21
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Muhammad View Post
Thank you for your response.

Would you say, then, in light of the above, that there is no aspect of our Being, as human beings, that is not Natural to (inherent in) the Universe?

Looking forward to your response.

RM
I'ma respond this one:

Yes.

Both our bodies and our mind (or rather brain process) follow the same laws of physics according to which our universe exists.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:12 PM   #22
BrklynZoo
Gravedigga

BrklynZoo shaolin monk

Aliens are our "Gods", it's in the bible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rome
Zack Greinke is better than Greg Maddux
BrklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:50 AM   #23
TheBoarzHeadBoy
כהן גדול

TheBoarzHeadBoy drunken mastaTheBoarzHeadBoy drunken masta

I would be a muslim but my conflicting ideologies make it impossible.

I actually like the concept of polytheism better but find it unlikely due to my Catholic/Reform Jew mindset.
I have a deep seated distrust of the prophet of the religion I think he was probably an ancient L. Ron Hubbard.
I'm also not in love with the people who follow it due to being an American.
I'm afraid that the fanatics would taint my name.
I don't believe in organized religion and its inherent falsehood.
I fear that its a rehash of other religions like all the others and that unless the others are all partially correct and islam is that middle ground (which I doubt) I don't know if I trust the authenticity of the Koran.
I'd rather not totally submit to god. I'd rather accept him as a creator and leave it at that and deny his presence in my life.

So thus I am not. It's also prevented me from being truly Christian, Jewish, or anything else.

I'm not an atheist. I don't worship the ground god walked on, let alone alleged prophets. I don't pray for things I want. I do think there is something more than our lives though. But you won't see me praying for it. I respect the sentient god too much to ask for anything. If something bad happens no power is blamed, I blame the apparent cause and myself for not being able to stop it. I don't think god puts me in the near death situations or gets me out of them. I do.

God made the sandbox. Its up to us to make something of it.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #24
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
can i see your scientific proof?
I know it's hard to believe...but some things in this world can be proven without science.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:48 AM   #25
begongo
I AM HIPHOP

begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to begongo Send a message via Yahoo to begongo Send a message via Skype™ to begongo

like what
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
I'm not going post more pictures of my dick, Style. You guys can forget about it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Some of ya'll that are having sex without condoms need to be careful because that shit ain't cool having sex with no condoms.
begongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:13 AM   #26
DRUNKENDRAGON
Veteran Member

DRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkey

Quote:
Sense-A You want to live your whole life believing in God, and be wrong? Or you want to live your whole life not believing in God and be wrong?
This is called Pascal's Gambit and it fails because if you follow it's logic you must apply it's train of thought to every single different definition of "God" that exists (Allah, Jehovah, etc, etc.).

Quote:
Its okay to question your faith. But realize that believing in evolution without God takes just as much faith.
Evolution is a theory, yes. So is the theory of gravity. What happens when you drop a pencil?
Old 08-16-2009, 10:14 PM   #27
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

evolution....

evolution is nothing but a process.

i don't even understand why evo/create debates even occur.

i tell you i built a treehouse, you respond with blueprints as proof i didn't.

its obvious that in order to evolve from a single celled organism to a human requires a force that we have yet to scientifically identify.

why evolve?
why survive?
why adapt?
why reproduce?

what force desires these things?

Last edited by Uncle Steezo; 08-17-2009 at 07:53 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:25 AM   #28
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Crow ESQ View Post
why evolve?
why survive?
why adapt?
why reproduce?

what force desires these things?
Of course. We can document the process occurring but we don't why.

People will come up with their own ideas about "why?" that often seem to be religious or spiritual in nature.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:01 AM   #29
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

spiritual is another word for unseen. there are forces at work that will never be seen.

i keep reiterating this point: there is a force that we call WILL.
will cannot be observed, tested or quantified. but yet it is the primary force behind every action we take.
when commanding my fingers to type this post, i am telling my brain to tell my fingers to move. the initial command to the brain is unseen (spiritual) the command from the brain to the finger is electrical(physical).

the brain acts as a nexus between the spiritual and physical. seen/unseen

religion is supposed to describe the unseen universe.
science is supposed describe the physical universe.

religion's failure to do its job is the root cause of atheism IMO.

if one were to extrapolate the path of scientific discovery, one might see an intersection of spirituality and science in the near future. the stuff thats now coming out of the m-theory camp and the string theory camp sounds "hippy trippy-ish" if not full blown buddhist.

i'd also like to point out that science, at times, cannot prove the existence of things thru direct observation. sometimes they can only observe the effects.

bent light and stellar wobbles were the smoking gun of a planet orbiting a star up until 2007, when the 1st extra solar planet was photographed. but extra solar planets have been an accepted reality long before that.

i think proving the existence of God is similar in that respect.

and don't get me started on dark matter and dark energy.
dark as in unseen.
but thats another thread.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:08 AM   #30
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

gav clean ya PM inbox

750 REBELS - australia's best

NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote