news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 08-17-2009, 07:36 AM   #31
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

Quote:
This is called Pascal's Gambit and it fails because if you follow it's logic you must apply it's train of thought to every single different definition of "God" that exists (Allah, Jehovah, etc, etc.).
if a religion attest its knowledge to the Original Creator then how could they have anything but a single source?.......meaning I don't think the logic fails. I think the scope and the tendency of humans to pigeonhole themselves is what fails. The grandest thoughts and desprictions of God's grandeur don't come even remotely close to the grandeur that is God in actuality.

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #32
Guarded By Martyrs
''Don't Get Me Started''

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Muhammad View Post
Salaam (Peace) to all.

1) How do ATHEISTS define the term "atheism"?

1. I don't know about everyone else but...
I am of no set religion, I can not be put in a box or labled as a "......"
You could argue that I am being put in the atheists box by saying that
But unlike religion, we are not guided by the same thing as the next person
We just belive in something others do not, and at the same time...
May not belive in the same thing or same beliefs.

2) How would ATHEISTS describe the "God" that they say or suggest doesn't exist?

Wishing there is hope, all be it out of your control.

3) Do ATHEISTS see themselves as integral, inherent parts of the Universe in which they exist, or as something different from the Universe in which they exist?

Again I can't answer for all
Religion divides people and so does this question
Your saying because atheists are just that, atheists
That they may be somewhat different from the everyone else ?
The same could be said for followers of another faith that is different to your own
Everyone the same, everyone different, the soul lives on, whether I'm religious or not.
Therfor we are all part of the universe in my eyes.

Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 08-17-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #33
DRUNKENDRAGON
Veteran Member

DRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visions Unseen View Post
if a religion attest its knowledge to the Original Creator then how could they have anything but a single source?.......meaning I don't think the logic fails. I think the scope and the tendency of humans to pigeonhole themselves is what fails. The grandest thoughts and desprictions of God's grandeur don't come even remotely close to the grandeur that is God in actuality.
That's precisely why it fails. Any SINGLE religion attests it's knowledge to their own respective original creator.

You live life betting a God exists in accordance to Christianity as a safeguard to avoid their version of Hell.

Then you will by default be subject to Islam's version of Hell.

This is why Pascal's Gambit fails.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #34
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

why do atheist keep trying to fold religions like christiananity and islam and the bible into this discussion?

you tell me you hate pizza cause pepperoni is nasty.
i tell you this is a cheese pizza.
you tell me you hate pepperoni.
i tell you its cheese pizza
you tell me you don't eat pork
"i don't eat pork either, its gross, thats why i order cheese pizza, there is ZERO pepperoni on this pizza"
"pepperoni makes me sick and thats why i will NEVER eat pizza!"

fo real?

who's clinging to a belief system now?

Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #35
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

its in the way these religions display the god that they say they believe in that turns some thinking people into atheist

i was listening to a radio station yesterday morning and this woman who conducts a bible study on a college campus said that there are archeological findings in the new testament that proves that jesus existed

yeah i know i know - read the line again and try to make sense out of it

some atheist are just as fanatical in the way they see life - and just spit out cliche popular atheist sayings when questioned about why they don't believe in god -

Timbs broke down the 3 stages of atheism a while back - would be good to have him contribute to this thread

Last edited by LORD NOSE; 08-17-2009 at 04:29 PM.
LORD NOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:28 PM   #36
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Crow ESQ View Post
why do atheist keep trying to fold religions like christiananity and islam and the bible into this discussion?

you tell me you hate pizza cause pepperoni is nasty.
i tell you this is a cheese pizza.
you tell me you hate pepperoni.
i tell you its cheese pizza
you tell me you don't eat pork
"i don't eat pork either, its gross, thats why i order cheese pizza, there is ZERO pepperoni on this pizza"
"pepperoni makes me sick and thats why i will NEVER eat pizza!"

fo real?

who's clinging to a belief system now?
why is it so hard for theists to understand that athiests don't believe in ANY god or ANY religion. yes, we lump all of you together because we see all religions and all gods equally rediculous.

i don't believe in santa claus. i dont care what culture it's in, i don't believe in him. you can call him kris kringle, santa clause, st. nick, father christmas, Babushka, Heiliger Nikolaus or Mr. I don't give presents to Jews.

just the same as athiests think believing in God, Allah, yahweh, jesus, buddha, zeus, thor, apollo, jupitor, the sun, the great pumpkin and beazelbub all equally stupid. we don't care if your god is a spirit, a human or made out of pepperoni, we don't believe in him. deal with it.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #37
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

you should talk to the other atheists on the forum and tell them to stop believing cause their making real atheist such as yourself look bad.

P.S.
St. Nicholas was a REAL PERSON.

Last edited by Uncle Steezo; 08-17-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:22 PM   #38
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Crow ESQ View Post
P.S.
St. Nicholas was a REAL PERSON.

haha, you got me there. i was in the middle of a rant and not thinking.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #39
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

that's not st. nick. that's obi 1 kanobi

Old 08-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #40
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the intelligent atheist doesn't say that there is no god - they say they don't know if there is a god or not
Old 08-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #41
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

hahahah!
darth obi wan is not amused

but you can see how that line of reasoning can throw the baby out with the bathwater.
just keep an open mind and open eyes.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:48 PM   #42
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
the intelligent atheist doesn't say that there is no god - they say they don't know if there is a god or not

wrong, if you were intelligent yourself, you would know that is an agnostic who says they don't know whether there is a god or not. an athiest knows there isn't a god, just like you know there is one.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:00 PM   #43
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
wrong, if you were intelligent yourself, you would know that is an agnostic who says they don't know whether there is a god or not. an athiest knows there isn't a god, just like you know there is one.
i'm going by what timbs said -

the god that the atheist does not believe in is the god that has been given to the people by the enemies of god -
Old 08-17-2009, 10:47 PM   #44
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i thought an agnostic would claim one cannot know.
you may not know something without claiming it is impossible to know -
like bill mahr says he is not an atheist, but I've never heard him describe himself as agnostic either.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:14 AM   #45
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
You're 100% correct. Being a nostic atheist is the wrong route.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote