news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 08-16-2009, 08:15 PM   #16
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i thought it was an incredibly interesting storyline.

i enjoyed it overall.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #17
sdeblasi
The Special Technique

sdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal son

^ i agree i just got back from seeing it. I didn't expect that plot at all and i ended up liking it a lot
Old 08-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #18
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

None of you deserved this film. Judging by the responses in this thread it was way over your heads.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:51 AM   #19
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

are you the only who got the apartheid references?

must be.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:16 PM   #20
neo n tha matrix
bendin spoons like Keanuu

neo n tha matrix crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
None of you deserved this film. Judging by the responses in this thread it was way over your heads.
LMAO yo on tha real imma have to agree 100%

Just saw it last night and im not even sure i grasp the concept completely, but it might be one of the tightest movies I have ever seen.

I would strongly recommend this film,

Peace

Peace2thaGods&thaEarths
neo n tha matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #21
DrBold241

DrBold241 drunken mastaDrBold241 drunken masta

Quote:
it's about human rights.
i mean i'm sure i'm putting it vaguely but that's what i got out of it.
i can't even type it, this movie deserves face to face discussion.
DrBold241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #22
DrBold241

DrBold241 drunken mastaDrBold241 drunken masta

Quote:
wow..... i just read page one and couldn't agree more.
some of the comments thus far are just retarded.
"shit's hot"
it seems very few people in this forum who saw it understood it was more political than it was action.
don't get me wrong, the exploding bodies were pretty cool, but the plot itself was so much better.
and aside from MAYBE chris, doesn't seem to be any real protagonist in the film. everyone has some negative attached to them.

and to the guy who said there needs to be a sequel.... please shut your face
DrBold241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:00 AM   #23
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The film is a microcosm of corporatology, from the hiring of the inept son in law for a position way over his head, to the startling revelation that District 10 is nothing more than a concentration camp.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
Old 08-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #24
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBold241 View Post
wow..... i just read page one and couldn't agree more.
some of the comments thus far are just retarded.
"shit's hot"
it seems very few people in this forum who saw it understood it was more political than it was action.
don't get me wrong, the exploding bodies were pretty cool, but the plot itself was so much better.
and aside from MAYBE chris, doesn't seem to be any real protagonist in the film. everyone has some negative attached to them.

and to the guy who said there needs to be a sequel.... please shut your face
You are absolutely correct, Christopher is the protagonist, and no there shouldn't be a sequel, the way it ends leaves the continuation of the story up to the imagination of the viewer which is what makes movies like this so great.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #25
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i still have to see this
at first i thought your comments were condescending, brock, but then i realized that you are right, allegory and subtext are foreign concepts to most people in general, but specifically on this site.
i feel like a sequel is probably inevitable however, for the 'exploding bodies are dope' contingent.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:38 PM   #26
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Some of the great boundaries this movie has crossed are that the aliens aren't either stale or one-dimensionally murderous. In contrast to other alien films where the creatures can't be seen in an ambiguous light, District 9 gives these aliens more of a display of humanity than humanity itself. For the most part they are passive, and play the victims so well, that one can feel something for the beings, where in contrast the humans, both the Nigerian gangsters and the corporate goons cannot be sympathized with at all. I find it not ironic, but deliberate that the movie takes place in South Africa, where the aliens are dealing with an aparteid of their own. Indeed, only after Wikus actually begins to become an alien himself do we see a point of view that changes him from a heartless alien baby killer to a sympathetic figure who sees the error of his ways. In the third act, his greedy human side gets the best of him at times, even though Christopher never wanes from his promise to help Wikus even after being betrayed. At times I felt like i was watching a 48 hours buddy movie and at times I felt like I was being force fed the Ides of humanity, albeit in a very effective way. Anybody that sees this movie as simply a fun little action romp has missed the target completely.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #27
M.O.D.
the most filthy

M.O.D. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)M.O.D. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)M.O.D. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)M.O.D. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)M.O.D. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)M.O.D. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)M.O.D. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)M.O.D. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)M.O.D. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)M.O.D. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)M.O.D. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ima have to go check this out , read some good reviews about this movie & from what ive read on this thread , it should be pretty tight
M.O.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:53 AM   #28
dbdavidwu4ever
Wu Gambinos Member

dbdavidwu4ever crouching tigerdbdavidwu4ever crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to dbdavidwu4ever

I have to agree with b-rock on this one. I really liked the scene where they go to the house with the 'smart' alien. They try to play him off like a dumbass and realize that he's smarter then they think. He read the paper they were holding in front of him unlike the other aliens and saw he had some rights. They STILL tried to play him off because of some 'bad environment for the kid' or something, that was really something.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #29
IrOnMaN
I understand

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default What I think the movie means. Contains spoilers.

I personally think District 9 is a classic movie. This movie was very well written, the action scenes were just awesome, and the setting (South Africa) was the right place for the movie. 5/5

This movie scared the hell out of me! District 9 was about complete power and control, period. When Wikus's father-in-law found out that he was transforming into an alien, he didn't care about him or his daughter's well being. The research scientists and doctors didn't care about him either. They just knew that Wikus could operate alien weapons because his left hand was alien. Plus, you saw how the doctors and scientists treated Wikus. They cursed at him, pushed him around, etc. They didn't care who he was or if he had a family or not. The government just wanted to use his human and alien body parts to create something so that they can operate alien weaponry and cause more chaos in today's world. He could've been President Obama. They wouldn't have cared. If people want power, they will obtain it by any means necessary, even if that means killing hundreds or even thousands of people to obtain what they want. Perfect example, the rise of America.

People are curious and evil. I felt sick to my stomach when I saw the scene where the doctors were cutting up the prawns and trying to use their weapons. Wikus was just a victim of the system. Instead of trying to help him, they wanted to use him to become something a lot more dangerous, cruel, and evil, which he is not. Freaking government sees an opportunity and goes for it no matter the regards to it cost or how many lives are at state. People.

Now, imagine if those weapons that were in the movie District 9 were to become real 40 years from now. Do you understand what will happen? Doesn't that scare you a bit?

I hate to say this but those weapons that are similar in District 9 WILL become reality in the future. There'll be nothing that you and I can do about it. People will ALWAYS want more power, sex, money, etc. And we strive for it everyday. For people who are evil, they don't care who gets hurt or kill. Just as long as their pockets are full, stomach is full, and they have power and control over people. They will be a WW3 in the future and that's a fact.

That's what I think the movie is about. Complete power and control.
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #30
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

40 years? They have them now.