news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 08-19-2009, 04:34 PM   #16
standout

standout Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tical2000 View Post
Method Man/Redman Blackout 2 did around 59,780 copies douchebag there first week.....and their album came out the same day as eminem

http://hiphopblips.dailyradar.com/ar...od_man_redman/
and their album is on Def Jam/Universal Music Group you fucken moron. Its a major

Slaughterhouse is on E1, its an independent label.

You are a prime example of why people that dont understand business need to not discuss it.

18k is a great number for an independent release that only shipped 36k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama View Post
RZA did 6.000 first week.
Killah Priests albums are dope, they sell like 500 copies first week.

If you didn't know.. sales don't mean shit.

^^^
standout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #17
standout

standout Village Idiot

one more thing tical2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tical2000 View Post
Joe Budden's solo album "escape route" sold 1700 copies.....ahahahaha......those are Cappadonna numbers
the escape route is not an album. the escape rout is a digital mixtape.

it means 1700 people paid for the download.

there are no physical copies of the escape route.

and the release date was announced on august 10th, it came out on august 11th.

meaning total promotion was less then 24 hours.

Once again, please refrain from speaking about business.

these guys are making great money and selling abnormal units for a total of $0 spent on promotion.

Last edited by standout; 08-19-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:55 PM   #18
DUMBO
Veteran Member

DUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prime Sithesizah View Post
Slaughterhouse may never build an empire anything close to what Wu-Tang has..
Slaughterhouse may not develop more classics than Wu-Tang.
Slaughterhouse may never single-handedly change the entire Hip-Hop industry like Wu..

BUT..

Right now..

Slaughterhouse is doing wayyyy better than Wu-Tang, lyrically and quality albums IMO
fair enough from your perspective of music, but, for me, music is about each artist's art and not the popularity/market influence of each artist. i will continue to listen to wu and killa bees because they always make interesting and socially relevant music.

wu is the purest form of hip hop.

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"
DUMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:19 PM   #19
Spectrum7glr
Veteran Member

Spectrum7glr shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by standout View Post
one more thing tical2000

the escape route is not an album. the escape rout is a digital mixtape.

it means 1700 people paid for the download.

there are no physical copies of the escape route.

and the release date was announced on august 10th, it came out on august 11th.

meaning total promotion was less then 24 hours.

Once again, please refrain from speaking about business.

these guys are making great money and selling abnormal units for a total of $0 spent on promotion.
I studied marketing and I got a different point of view for you. They made money? Yeah maybe, but they're 4 in the group. But do you really care about how much money they made...?

I see that Slaughterhouse reached 18 000 of fans first week, Joe Budden 1600. That my friend, is just weak numbers. A lot of independant rap artists sold more album than that first week, solo.

Spectrum7glr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:29 PM   #20
kwabena1041
Veteran Member

kwabena1041 crouching tigerkwabena1041 crouching tiger

Quote:
Right now..

Slaughterhouse is doing wayyyy better than Wu-Tang, lyrically and quality albums IMO
wayyyyy better are u fucking serious?

kwabena1041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:29 PM   #21
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Wow these slumberhouse/budden stans are something else. Weve never seen blind dedication to a rapper this hard on the interent.

its like a fucking backstreet boys concert in here. these guys are infatuated by these men.

Quote:
Slaughterhouse may never build an empire anything close to what Wu-Tang has..
Slaughterhouse may not develop more classics than Wu-Tang.
Slaughterhouse may never single-handedly change the entire Hip-Hop industry like Wu..

BUT..

Right now..

Wow. just stop lol. why would you deliberately humiliate yourself like this for the name of slaughtherhouse?

I dont get it.

You kids are a poor future.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:20 PM   #22
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

Quote:
BUT..

Right now..

Explain to me how that average ass Slaughterhouse album can compare to Chamber Music....?

You have absolutely no arguement to give
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #23
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

remind me to never buy a One Be Lo album again. what a clown.
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #24
standout

standout Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum7glr View Post
I studied marketing and I got a different point of view for you. They made money? Yeah maybe, but they're 4 in the group. But do you really care about how much money they made...?
I could care less how much money they made. Thats a question you should ask the thread starter.

Only importance to me is the music itself. If the music is great, then thats all that matters.

Quote:
I see that Slaughterhouse reached 18 000 of fans first week, Joe Budden 1600. That my friend, is just weak numbers. A lot of independant rap artists sold more album than that first week, solo.
A number says nothing unless its compared to other numbers - this is one of the first things you learn in Finance (if you really studied business). So 18k might seem low, but when you account that only 36k was shipped - that is abnormally high. 50% of the total shippment was sold in its first week. You dont see the significance?

Jim Jones just did 40k first week with 2 videos pre-album release and a major-label backing. Fabolous had the number 1 album in the country with 99k, 2 videos, 2 internet videos, and a major-label backing...

And the number of people in the group means nothing.

Wu-tang did 68,000 first week on a major label with the 8-diagrams, and there is 8 of them. And because their on a major their only getting like $1.50 per record vs. $7 per record on E1...Do the math...
Old 08-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #25
theDZA
ADEPT

theDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkey

Quote:
before you make yourself look any more dumber you need to pull out a calculator and figure out what the profit margin is on 36k shipped and 18k sold. (50% of total shippment) in 1 week.

and escape route was a digital release announced the day before it actually released.

i study business, and i understand you might be a little slower since you dont. so let me put it in perspective for you. 50 sold 650k first week with his last album. by the end of the week, it was still available in large numbers at every retail store. what do you think the shippment was?

my guess is 5mil. now do the profit margin on that.
sales mean fuck all you prick, so i'm gonna refrain from laughing at those numbers to say this:

souljaboytellem.com has sold over 1.4 Million

and iSouljaBoyTellem sold 46,000 copies its first week and over 305,865 all together

does that make it a better album then Rising Down by The Roots which sold 163,818 copies? or does it make soulja boy more important to hip hop? no...

SALES MEAN FUCK ALL

so fuck off back to the budden forums and watch your man get punched in the eye, then apologise, then probably call out another rapper and remain quiet when a diss is released...until of course he apologises again

you wanna know who is more important, who is better?

look at album reviews for Wu's first album and then Slaughterhouse's and tell me which album has been hailed as a classic and which has not
Old 08-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #26
standout

standout Village Idiot

^i agree with you.

your quoting the wrong person.

you should be quoting the thread starter.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:09 PM   #27
theDZA
ADEPT

theDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkey

Quote:
^i agree with you.

your quoting the wrong person.

you should be quoting the thread starter.

i'm just saying...

i bet 50 has sold more then KRS ONE + RAKIM combined but real hip hop fans don't give a shit bout any of that, we should be talking bout lyrics, beats and wotnot...i don't give a flying fuck about sales
Old 08-19-2009, 08:19 PM   #28
standout

standout Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDZA View Post
i'm just saying...

i bet 50 has sold more then KRS ONE + RAKIM combined but real hip hop fans don't give a shit bout any of that, we should be talking bout lyrics, beats and wotnot...i don't give a flying fuck about sales
without a doubt. couldnt agree more.

Wordsworth - Mirror Music is in my top10 cds of all time, and i think it sold less them 1000 coppies first week.

the thread starter wants to talk numbers though so all i was doing is staying on topic. Im completing my degree in Economics and Business this year - I dont mind contributing on any topic that involves sales.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:27 PM   #29
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

okay, you're studying business. we get it.
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:56 PM   #30
The Prime Sithesizah
Pioneer Of Cerebral Music

The Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
Explain to me how that average ass Slaughterhouse album can compare to Chamber Music....?

You have absolutely no arguement to give
I don't recall saying the Slaughterhouse album was better than Chamber Music. I'm a fan of both teams but you can't argue stuff like this, especially when it's Wu-related because nearly everyone here is gonna play on that side of the fence.. but since we setting the record straight..

Joe Budden's point is that..
1) Method Man doesn't have any rhymes he can match up to Joe's strongest points, lyrically (and I bumped Tical more than any Budden mixtape/album)

2) Wu-Tang needs to appreciate their legacy and leave the game alone. They've made their empire and it can't be destroyed. It's these old rappers preventing the new breed of original talent to be acknowledged because they wanna get back into the spotlight.

Here's my argument..

Slaughterhouse RIGHT NOW is killing nearly everything they touch. They're hungrier and thats to say, they are what Wu-Tang used to be (just not as effective on the scene). Im not talking about overall career.. Wu-Tang DOMINATES that area.. But in the state of Hip-Hop TODAY? Rhyme for Rhyme? Slaughterhouse is the better team right now IMO. Respect my opinion. Wu-Tang has made dope records over the last couple of years, but they're not equivalent to Slaughterhouse. Wu fans need to face it.. Raekwon isn't the same Chef he came on the scene as. Ghostface isn't quite Mr. Supreme Clientele anymore. GZA is still the Genius but even he's getting bored being on the mic. Masta Killa and U-God seem to be the hungrier ones IMO. Inspectah Deck isn't the same Rebel. RZA's got new outlook at music and is the only one TRULY evolving... BUT.. people are gonna think otherwise and bitch about what Im saying, which is actual fact but its MY OPINION based on what Im hearing! End of story..