news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 08-19-2009, 09:00 PM   #31
Mcthuggin99
K.O.D

Mcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prime Sithesizah View Post
I don't recall saying the Slaughterhouse album was better than Chamber Music. I'm a fan of both teams but you can't argue stuff like this, especially when it's Wu-related because nearly everyone here is gonna play on that side of the fence.. but since we setting the record straight..

Joe Budden's point is that..
1) Method Man doesn't have any rhymes he can match up to Joe's strongest points, lyrically (and I bumped Tical more than any Budden mixtape/album)

2) Wu-Tang needs to appreciate their legacy and leave the game alone. They've made their empire and it can't be destroyed. It's these old rappers preventing the new breed of original talent to be acknowledged because they wanna get back into the spotlight.

Here's my argument..

Slaughterhouse RIGHT NOW is killing nearly everything they touch. They're hungrier and thats to say, they are what Wu-Tang used to be (just not as effective on the scene). Im not talking about overall career.. Wu-Tang DOMINATES that area.. But in the state of Hip-Hop TODAY? Rhyme for Rhyme? Slaughterhouse is the better team right now IMO. Respect my opinion. Wu-Tang has made dope records over the last couple of years, but they're not equivalent to Slaughterhouse. Wu fans need to face it.. Raekwon isn't the same Chef he came on the scene as. Ghostface isn't quite Mr. Supreme Clientele anymore. GZA is still the Genius but even he's getting bored being on the mic. Masta Killa and U-God seem to be the hungrier ones IMO. Inspectah Deck isn't the same Rebel. RZA's got new outlook at music and is the only one TRULY evolving... BUT.. people are gonna think otherwise and bitch about what Im saying, which is actual fact but its MY OPINION based on what Im hearing! End of story..
hahaha i bet hes your favorite wu member. yeah i respect your opinion but i just hate the budden fanboys that act like the wu hasnt done shit tothe game.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #32
The Prime Sithesizah
Pioneer Of Cerebral Music

The Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of fury

He actually is and Masta Killa was right on his ass.. but nonetheless, Wu-Tang played their part and accomplished more than most will ever DREAM of doing in their careers. Im not saying they should stop making music, just give the new GREAT talent a chance instead of trying to "bring it back". The 90s era is gone. Evolve already!! Wu-Tang is stuck in that pasttime and so are their fans, which explains why different, versatile shit gets overlooked and unrecognized.. Which ALSO explains why RZA can't work with the Wu anymore.. because he's in present time with new flavor and they're still in 98' mentally.. we all see that in how they handle business..
Old 08-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #33
Mcthuggin99
K.O.D

Mcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prime Sithesizah View Post
He actually is and Masta Killa was right on his ass.. but nonetheless, Wu-Tang played their part and accomplished more than most will ever DREAM of doing in their careers. Im not saying they should stop making music, just give the new GREAT talent a chance instead of trying to "bring it back". The 90s era is gone. Evolve already!! Wu-Tang is stuck in that pasttime and so are their fans, which explains why different, versatile shit gets overlooked and unrecognized.. Which ALSO explains why RZA can't work with the Wu anymore.. because he's in present time with new flavor and they're still in 98' mentally.. we all see that in how they handle business..
yeah i hate that. some people think that the RZA can still make the most incredible beats. and i hate it when they think they can make 36 chambers happen again. just like people are talking shit about ghost makin an r&b album. i dont care imma bump that shit because ghost makes good music IMO. hes moving on and so should his fans
Old 08-19-2009, 09:30 PM   #34
RAW-TASTE
PRODIGAL SUN

RAW-TASTE crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by standout View Post
^i agree with you.

your quoting the wrong person.

you should be quoting the thread starter.
everyone put this fag on their ignore list, he purposefully came from jbtv forums[FAIL] and made an acc here JUST to defend button, how gay is that. and every time he posts, its only to defend button like shit man gtfo off our forums and crawl back to jbtv where you guys can call him the "best lyricalist"[ROFL!]. talk about the ultimate stans, fuck joe button and sh and their fans, im glad his shit sold less than what most underground rappers sell in their first week fuckign faggots, i guess even the internet soldiers couldnt afford 10 copies each to support their "favorite rapper" hahahhaha
RAW-TASTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:30 PM   #35
tical2000
Veteran Member

tical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkey

To me the Slaughterhouse album is nothing special.....I listened to it a couple times and deleted it....

I really do not understand why people are jizzing in their pants over these 4 losers who have struggeled to have a career........HONESTLY THEY ARE NOT THAT GOOD

Sure they have an occasional hot verse, but to say they have put anything close to resembeling a classic album out would be absoulutly delusional....these dudes have stuggeled to even stay on record labels.

Joe Budden has been doing blogs every day for the last year and they just did a measely 18,000 units.....and delusional dudes in this forum are trying to tell me these are good numbers based on profit margins???? Get the fuck outta here......

I guarantee the dudes in Slaughterhouse are seriously disapointed by these numbers.....I am sure they are now second guessing their association with Joe Buddens.......Maybe Daily video blogs and getting punched in the face is not cool.....

Joe Budden and his gang of Losers get yet another L

"We got the tape Nigga"- Raekwon live in Toronto

Last edited by tical2000; 08-19-2009 at 11:45 PM.
tical2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:34 PM   #36
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

18k is decent for a group comprised of failures
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:45 PM   #37
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

this past weekend I was at a kegger/cookout and woke up on a random couch. My friends older brother was sitting at the table going through someone's itunes library and asked me who slaughterhouse was and if they are any good...

I just laughed and went back to sleep. I think he deleted the album after playing their single.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:50 PM   #38
tical2000
Veteran Member

tical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkey

What really is the next move for these guys in slaughterhouse???? All their careers were on life-support before getting together for the Slaughterhouse album. This group album was kind of like their last ditch effort to have a rap career...

If they move 18,000 units as a group, what are their solo albums going to yield??? 4,000 copies??? I mean Joe Budden just put out an album that moved 1700 copies, this is not going to pay the bills.....I must have made more money than Joe Buddens last month....

So do these guys just pack it in and try to get real jobs??? I could totally see Joel Ortiz working at a Burger King or Joe Buddens working at Foot Locker...

"We got the tape Nigga"- Raekwon live in Toronto
tical2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:20 AM   #39
Sinistarr
Sinistarr Studios

Sinistarr shaolin monk

just out of curiosity... what did Chamber Music do in its first week??? i can't find it anywhere, but im asuming it sold over 18k
Sinistarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:00 AM   #40
standout

standout Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcthuggin99 View Post
hahaha i bet hes your favorite wu member. yeah i respect your opinion but i just hate the budden fanboys that act like the wu hasnt done shit tothe game.
fans are fans...when your famous infront of a crowed, you can say "Fuck Rakim" for all it matters...the crowed is still gona cheer.

im a huge budden fan and i love wu tang. nothing wrong with that...i listen to what i feel is good music. but the beef thing seemed to split a lot of people up and make everyone biased.

personally, i think anyone who thinks slaughterhouse is wack is just being delusional. in my personal opinion their the best rappers out right now.

i.e. tical2000...a guy that has no clue about anything, no taste in hiphop, no sense of versatility or diversity in music, and is all in all a complete moron when it comes to anything business/music related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tical2000 View Post
I mean Joe Budden just put out an album that moved 1700 copies, , this is not going to pay the bills.....I must have made more money than Joe Buddens last month....
are u seriously this stupid?

its not an album. its a digital mixtape...there is no cost to it because no physical copies were made...it means 1700 people downloaded the album. it went for 89 cents a track with 12 tracks. meaning joe budden already made over $18,000 on it first week.

He said in an interview that the beats were free...there was no expenses on the cd.

the escape route was just a bunch of material for fans and acted as a prelude to his next actual album - which is called The Great Escape.

Please, get that through your head...and go read a book. If you want some business books pm me and il recomend some and you can learn how money works.

Let me draw it out for you once more.

Cost of Beats - $0
Cost of Studio Time - $0
Cost of Producing the CDs - $0
Cost of Promotion - $0

Total Cost - $0

Price per song - $0.89
Number of songs - 12
Total sold 1700

Sales = $18,156

Now lets see if you figure out how much money was made when you subtract the "costs"...

So if you made $18,000 dollars last week....i tip my hat to you. Please give me some of your advise on making this much money. Now i see why you think selling 50% of a shippment is bad. someone who makes $18,000+ a month must be sitting on a billion.

Last edited by standout; 08-20-2009 at 02:11 AM.
standout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:16 AM   #41
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It doesn't matter what you say, they're still mad at Joe Budden because of the beef.

I bet most of them haven't even heard the album.

All of a sudden Royce Da 5'9'' is wack. No one has ever said that before.
Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:20 AM   #42
standout

standout Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistarr View Post
just out of curiosity... what did Chamber Music do in its first week??? i can't find it anywhere, but im asuming it sold over 18k
Your assuming wrong. Chamber Music sold just over 9,000 copies first week with major label promotion.

38 THEORY OF A DEADMAN SCARS & SOUVENIRS 12,067 12,227 -1 603,312
39 AVENTURA LAST 12,021 15,163 -21 97,544
40 VARIOUS NOW 30 11,651 14,101 -17 621,913
41 HILSON*KERI IN A PERFECT WORLD... 11,596 10,418 11 377,414
42 CURRINGTON*BILLY LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING 11,499 8,860 30 191,228
43 SUGARLAND LOVE ON THE INSIDE 11,158 10,897 2 1,682,739
44 SWIFT*TAYLOR TAYLOR SWIFT 10,799 9,966 8 4,208,064
45 INCUBUS MONUMENTS & MELODIES 10,489 15,863 -34 96,290
46 DREAM THEATER BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS 10,248 40,285 -75 50,839
47 URBAN*KEITH DEFYING GRAVITY 10,063 10,759 -6 452,360
48 FRAY*THE FRAY 9,796 9,618 2 605,277
49 WU-TANG CHAMBER MUSIC 9,548 75 999 9,623
50 BEYONCE ABOVE AND BEYONCE 9,508 10,578 -10 34,360
51 FOXX*JAMIE INTUITION 9,418 8,239 14 995,411

which is exacaly why this thread is a joke. slaughterhouse sold twice as much as wu-tang on an INDEPENDENT LABEL with 36K shipment..

but this tical2000 faggot is embarrasing himself and indirectly insulting wu-tang who hes trying to defend by speaking about business when the dude is a complete dickhead moron.

now i cant wait to see this faggots response when he sees wu-tangs chamber music soundscan that he clearly didnt know about....come on tical2000, its ok. you can show your face.

just swallow your pride. appologize. and walk away.

and please refrain from any slaughterhouse topics from now until forever.

Last edited by standout; 08-20-2009 at 02:39 AM.
standout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:13 AM   #43
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^all your posts in this thread were on point. I don't listen to a lot of Slaughterhouse (fav. member Joell tho), I even dislike Royce a bit, but I agree, they aren't as bad as this site thinks.

Of course Joe budden chose the wrong rapper from the wrong group to mess with. If I was him, I would challenge Rakim to an open freestyle from the top. (AND EVEN IF I WOULD WIN, I WOULD STILL BEEN SHITTED ON CUZ OF BATTLING A LEGEND...that's just how it goes)
Old 08-20-2009, 07:46 AM   #44
Spectrum7glr
Veteran Member

Spectrum7glr shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by standout View Post
I could care less how much money they made. Thats a question you should ask the thread starter.

Only importance to me is the music itself. If the music is great, then thats all that matters.
I was not asking the question to anybody

Quote:
A number says nothing unless its compared to other numbers - this is one of the first things you learn in Finance (if you really studied business). So 18k might seem low, but when you account that only 36k was shipped - that is abnormally high. 50% of the total shippment was sold in its first week. You dont see the significance?

Jim Jones just did 40k first week with 2 videos pre-album release and a major-label backing. Fabolous had the number 1 album in the country with 99k, 2 videos, 2 internet videos, and a major-label backing...

And the number of people in the group means nothing.

Wu-tang did 68,000 first week on a major label with the 8-diagrams, and there is 8 of them. And because their on a major their only getting like $1.50 per record vs. $7 per record on E1...Do the math...
Read. I said marketing not Finance. And I'm comparing numbers, damn did you read my post? You're repeating yourself.

Spectrum7glr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:16 AM   #45
deeznutz1981
PRODIGAL SUN

deeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by tical2000 View Post
The funny thing is that Joe Buddens was saying how Method Man was not even relevant today.....and Method Man sold like 3x more than this idiots group album and 30x this dudes solo album

Slaughterhouse did 18,000 sales (no.26 on charts) first week with all the hype, video blogs, beef, etc

Joe Budden's solo album sold *gulp* 1,700 copies......yikes

Method Man/Redman Blackout 2 sold 59,780 (no.4 on charts) first week without any beef or hype...

Joe Buddens Lost.....again

Face it nobody cares about these losers in Slaughterhouse....
exactly! close thread and lets stop entertaining these Hoey dickriderz

deeznutz1981 is offline   Reply With Quote