news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 08-23-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms
Default Spike Lee's Miracle At St Anna

I just saw this yesterday and it's a good war flick. The germans are some evil muthafuckas. They slaughtered a bunch of italians and kids in one scene for no reason. I wonder who is that woman that Michael Ealy was fucking and Derek Luke liked her too. Derek got mad at Michael when he saw the woman come outta this house that her and Michael were fucking in LOL. She had on Michael's helmet and she was holding his rifle LOL. Michael said to Derek, i had to find out how tight her pussy was hahahahahahahahahahahaha. So then Michael and Derek started fighting LOL. This movie had a lot of violence. I think this is the first flick that Spike has done that had a lot of violence. Michael Williams who played Omar on The Wire tv show had a small part as a war soldier. He was crying in one scene saying i want my mommy when him and the other black soldiers were being on guard against the germans hahahahahahaha.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #2
jaupoon
Wu fanatic from Brooklyn

jaupoon shaolin monk

Charles, Im a HUGE Spike Lee fan (and guess what, im actually white too!). I hate it when shallow white people say Spike Lee is racist, and that he puts too many black people in his films. I feel like saying "HELLO buddy, look at most Hollywood films and they are CHOCK FULL of white people!!! Let the man make his art the way he wants too!"

Miracle at St Anna was pretty good, but not perfect i give it a 7 outa 10. Main reasons because it is about 20 minutes too long, and the ending is VERY predictable.

Overall a fairly decent film though, im glad to see Spike try something new.

And No, its not the only violent Spike Lee film. Clockers, Summer Of Sam and Inside Man were fairly violent too.

And Charles if ya like gunfights and shootouts (i cant reccomend it enough, and Wu samples it all the time) be sure to see these John Woo films = Hard Boiled and The Killer they are CRUCIAL!!!

And oh yeah, Mookie DID do the right thing!
jaupoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:47 AM   #3
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i thought it was great---supposedly there are some factual inaccuracies but i'm not sure...the cinematography, shot composition, and staging are typically good for spike---his endings always seem to self destruct though and this is no exception.
i was impressed by the staging of the battles as this is something i've never really seen him do before on this scale.

spike lee is one of the greatest american filmmakers currently active.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:13 PM   #4
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It was very good although I thought he caricatured the black soldiers too much, and the American command.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

that would be my main complaint^^ but i enjoyed it too. That italian chick was way hot.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:49 PM   #6
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ya i think he was just overjoyed at finally making a WW2 movie that focused on black soldiers lol as far as his depictions of the soldiers and the command, it was exagerrated but probably not far from reality

and the italian chick was awesome

and props on the x-factor motif
Old 08-24-2009, 04:04 PM   #7
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

no doubt...i really enjoyed that first peter david run.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #8
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i liked it. my only complaint is the ending seems a little to rushed. all that build up then its just over.

SPOILER*************i missed the first like 10 minutes. who does he shoot in the bank? was it that one Italian guy who fucks them over? i feel that dude would be too old. or was it just some random dude?
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:29 PM   #9
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

Just watched it last night. Kind of mixed feelings on it. Some parts of It I really liked, and some parts were just too long and felt like they could have been cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey View Post

SPOILER*************i missed the first like 10 minutes. who does he shoot in the bank? was it that one Italian guy who fucks them over? i feel that dude would be too old. or was it just some random dude?
Yea I gotta rewatch the movie at some point, cause I was lost on that part.
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:31 PM   #10
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

shit i dont remember...but i rememberd what i was gonna talk about before when talkin about my beef with this film..it was the whole thing with eastwood...which from what i understand derives from spike's dislike of the eastwoods ww2 flicks for lack of black characters..apparently he ragged on eastwood...to which eastwood replied...that in the particular group of soldier...there were no black soldiers...long story short, sometimes spike makes an ass out of himself in attempts to "keep it real" eloels.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:55 AM   #11
hide1998
超黒人

hide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal son

I appreciated how Spike did something refreshing with the war film genre. I thought he put together a great film. As far as the ending being predictable, it's only predictable in the sense that in the last 15-20 minutes you could see the ending coming. But the time before that (which is a good majority of the film), there is no way you could've seen the ending coming. There was nothing you had from the start (or even the middle) to connect the dots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
shit i dont remember...but i rememberd what i was gonna talk about before when talkin about my beef with this film..it was the whole thing with eastwood...which from what i understand derives from spike's dislike of the eastwoods ww2 flicks for lack of black characters..apparently he ragged on eastwood...to which eastwood replied...that in the particular group of soldier...there were no black soldiers...long story short, sometimes spike makes an ass out of himself in attempts to "keep it real" eloels.
In this debate, Eastwood was incorrect. There WERE black soldiers among the groups of soldiers that were focused on in Eastwood's WWII film. I'll give Eastwood the benefit of the doubt that he simply didn't do all the research he could've to make it accurate, and thus didn't have any black solidiers portrayed in his film. But Spike was factually correct in this debate.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud
hide1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #12
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

I was wondering why Laz Alonzo shot that italian or german dude in the bank also. I guess he shot him because he was german and the black soldiers that were with Laz when they fought against the germans got killed. Kerry Washington had a small scene as Laz's lawyer and she was looking good. I wonder how much she got paid for that small scene since that was the only time she was shown LOL. What was up with that black fat dude soldier Omar Benson Miller? He acted like he was scared to shoot the germans because i never saw him shoot his gun. He was getting shot at and he just kept on walking like nothing was happening LOL. He was so obsessed with keeping that italian boy safe, he didn't care that he was getting shot at LOL. LOL@italian boy calling him the chocolate giant hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:25 PM   #13
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

not if his argument was that Eastwood was racist.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:03 PM   #14
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^^^did he call him racist though or just calling him out for playing the hollywood white washing game? i had never heard about this controversy before this thread, it's interesting...even if he did, i don't understand how you could have beef with the work over interview comments...it doesn't effect the merit of the film itself (i know i'm kind of contradicting myself based on some of my comments about tarantino)
Old 08-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #15
staliondan23
SHAOLIN STUDENT

staliondan23 grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaupoon View Post
Charles, Im a HUGE Spike Lee fan (and guess what, im actually white too!). I hate it when shallow white people say Spike Lee is racist, and that he puts too many black people in his films. I feel like saying "HELLO buddy, look at most Hollywood films and they are CHOCK FULL of white people!!! Let the man make his art the way he wants too!"

Miracle at St Anna was pretty good, but not perfect i give it a 7 outa 10. Main reasons because it is about 20 minutes too long, and the ending is VERY predictable.

Overall a fairly decent film though, im glad to see Spike try something new.

And No, its not the only violent Spike Lee film. Clockers, Summer Of Sam and Inside Man were fairly violent too.

And Charles if ya like gunfights and shootouts (i cant reccomend it enough, and Wu samples it all the time) be sure to see these John Woo films = Hard Boiled and The Killer they are CRUCIAL!!!

And oh yeah, Mookie DID do the right thing!
People don't think spike lee is racist because he's made several black films. People think he's racist because he trys to make an example of white people in several of those films.
staliondan23 is offline   Reply With Quote