news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 08-26-2009, 08:33 AM   #16
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

http://www.movshare.net/video/47hxjd4qyw3jq#
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:31 AM   #17
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to Jeru Send a message via MSN to Jeru

Love westerns

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
New and Improved Cool List : Everybody
The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Jeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #18
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy Turtle View Post
A Fistful of Dynamite is on TV right now.

People need to check out Yojimbo if they have seen A Fistful of Dollars, Leone straight jacked it nearly scene for scene without giving credit.

he couldnt get the rights to remake the movie...but he did it anyway...he didnt (far as i kno) go on record and say the movie was his creation completely, matter of fact, im pretty sure he acknowledges that he remade the movie.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:43 AM   #19
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to Jeru Send a message via MSN to Jeru

Nobody mentioned High Noon?

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
New and Improved Cool List : Everybody
The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Jeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:48 PM   #20
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
he couldnt get the rights to remake the movie...but he did it anyway...he didnt (far as i kno) go on record and say the movie was his creation completely, matter of fact, im pretty sure he acknowledges that he remade the movie.
He never sought the rights as far as I know because he always claimed the plot of Yojimbo was taken from somewhere which he also cited as inspiration for his film.
Quote:
Old 08-29-2009, 11:18 AM   #21
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Kevin Costner was in another western called Silverado. I wanna see that. Kevin Kline and Danny Glover are also in that. Wasn't Kevin Costner also in Wyatt Earp? Lonesome Dove movies i wanna check out also because my girl Diane Lane are in those. I'm gonna check out Tombstone with Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer. I was thinking about that one last week.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #22
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

it was an unofficial remake...by which i mean he didnt steal anything...and btw..though i really like Yojimbo...and i really wanna say i liked it more than dollars...i cant. eloels.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:14 AM   #23
The Hound
Fuck the King

There is no such thing as an unofficial remake - that's called plagiarism and that's why Kurosawa won his compensation.
Quote:
Old 08-30-2009, 09:48 AM   #24
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

my point isnt that he had the rights to do it, its that he didnt claim to have made an original movie...there is a huge difference there.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #25
Bobby Budknickers
Salute My Sharts

Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Lucio Fulci's

1975 and a genre is dying. Damaged by endlessly repeating characters and storylines, and now associated more with comedy than serious drama, the Spaghetti Westerns were forced to up their gore and nudity quotas to compete with the popular giallo films of the day. With such an unrestrained opportunity, Lucio Fulci soon to be known as the Godfather of Gore would present one of the most violent and twisted Westerns of the era.

Cardsharp 'Stubby' Preston (Fabio Testi), pregnant prostitute 'Bunny' O'Neill (Lynne Frederick), town drunk Clem (Michael J. Pollard) and insane Bud (Harry Baird) are locked up the in town gaol of Salt Flats Utah on the night that the residents decide to 'clean up' their town. A gang of white hooded gunmen attack and kill a myriad of drunks and pimps in a brutal massacre. Bribing the town sheriff, Stubby is able to secure his release, and the four end up on a wagon heading anywhere that isn't Salt Flats. It is not a few days before they encounter Chaco (Tomas Milian), a long haired, bandanna sporting sharpshooter. An experienced hunter, he offers them daily supplies of food if they allow him to join their four. But the good-hearted innocence of the group is destroyed as they find him torturing a sheriff; and after plying the four with drugs and alcohol, he rapes Bunny and shoots Clem in the leg before taking their horses and wagons and leaving them to die. It is up to the group to rally together to survive.

Director Lucio Fulci often boasted that his Westerns brought a surreal dream-like aspect to the genre, although whether his films were deliberately surreal, or just badly written, is open to debate. It is worth noting that Fulci did not write this film, it was scripted by Ennio Concini, based on some short stories by Bret Harte. The characterisation of the four is decent enough for a Spaghetti Western and we do get some romantic interest between Stubby and Bunny although this is rather unsubtly written. The character of Chaco is deliberately enigmatic, and remains thus; his character an interesting reversal of the stereotypical Western hero who appears from nowhere, boasts pinpoint shooting and is known by a single name. A notable tendency of the script is to jump to new scenes overly rapidly: in the opening, Stubby bribes the town sheriff and immediately the group of four are out of town on their wagon; while later we do not see how the four untie themselves after Chaco leaves them to die.

Although it can give the impression that Four of the Apocalypse was filmed more as a series of set-pieces than a rolling narrative, it does give the film a dreamlike feel (dreams tend to have bizarre jumps in space and time) and is a common feature of many of Fulci's films. It can also give the mistaken impression that scenes are cut or missing from the film. The dreamlike atmosphere is also aided by the strange locations that the characters visit a rainy ghost-town, and a curious snowbound village with all-male inhabitants. It has often been said that Lucio Fulci didn't treat his female characters well, and this film hardly counters that feeling: Bunny is the only female character and as well as being raped by Chaco, she has to make lengthy walks despite being heavily pregnant and ultimately endure a painful labour. However, all of the characters suffer throughout the film, death and pain being a key component of Fulci's Wild West, and the fate of Bunny is no worse than that reserved for some of the male characters.

The film is shot in an unspectacular way. The 1.85:1 frame is uncommon in the Spaghetti Western the wider scope frame being used more often to emphasise the big scenery. Fulci uses the frame to the full and the film does not suffer, but nor does it gain. The gunfights are bloodsoaked, but look quite unrealistic, the blood throughout the film having a very light, almost pink tone to it; it would be a few years yet before the Italian gore industry perfected their hideous art. The biggest problem with the film is the soundtrack, like many of the Spaghetti Westerns in the later days, the main musical theme was a narrative soft-rock ballad an attempt to tell the story of the characters via song; this sounds cheesy and it is. Music is very important in films, to build tension and emphasise mood but when the same jovial song is being used throughout, these moods are missing and the film suffers as a consequence.

Megavideo: http://www.megavideo.com/?v=UQFN2QV8

YO I SAW THIS MOVIE AS A KID AND I FUCKING LOVED IT.
i found this link to a stream last night, but haven't got around to watching it again yet, but i will. i will.

Rob vs Bob
Bobby Budknickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #26
The Hound
Fuck the King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
my point isnt that he had the rights to do it, its that he didnt claim to have made an original movie...there is a huge difference there.
He did claim it as an original movie by coining the headline "The first movie of its kind" which is what upset Kurosawa.
Quote:
Old 08-30-2009, 08:56 PM   #27
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

meh, i still see it differently...we'll leave it at that.