news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 08-26-2009, 10:57 AM   #16
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms

Wow.

What book is that from?
Old 08-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #17
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The Prism of Lyra
Old 08-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #18
jaupoon
Wu fanatic from Brooklyn

jaupoon shaolin monk

I love this "know the ledge" message board, nothing better than having a good ol discussion about the things that truly matter!

OKAY, so....

What do you define as a true "global shift in consciousness"? Sure there are some people "waking up" and realizing that they are sheep but its certainly not the majority of people because people are still continuing their day to day lives as they normally would any other day. So many people buy into the fact that they trust authority and the establishments and many even think Obama is a hero. At first i was glad to see a black man as president, that truly made me happy but when you think about it hes not a hero hes just in the same old position as any other president he just has a different skin color. Some people honestly think of Obama as if he was a savior, yet when you ask them about his political positions they have no clue what he stands for.
And even though we are being abused by various institutions of our socieity whether it be through taxes, the fed, the police or a cabal of new world order or whatever, do you really think the general population could do anything about it? I'd like to think so however i doubt we're going to have something take place like its out of V for Vendetta ya know. Do you think that we are going to have a true revolt, or even find out who or what organization is pulling the puppet strings that are controlling the abuses of our society. And sure, the Alex Jones nuts say its the illuminati or the bilderberg group but the problem is that we don't have that much hard evidence of what exactly they are discussing/planning.
And you also have to look at the aspect of the general population and how humans act. Humans are in a way like sheep and herd yet we are in such a "culture war" right now that people have different opinions on nearly every subject and its already hard to reach a consensus as it is, for example look at the insanity over the healthcare debate thats going on currently at this moment. As for me, i'm a libertarian and support Ron Paul. And i'd like to see healthcare become more affordable so that everyone can get it but i don't want to pay even more of my hard-earned money for someone elses healthcare when im just barely paying my own bills!

So why would you say that there is a "global shift in consciousness" and what exactly do you define it as?
jaupoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:38 PM   #19
Shadowthrone
master of doom

Shadowthrone drunken mastaShadowthrone drunken mastaShadowthrone drunken masta

Shadowthrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:08 PM   #20
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaupoon View Post
I love this "know the ledge" message board, nothing better than having a good ol discussion about the things that truly matter!

OKAY, so....

What do you define as a true "global shift in consciousness"? Sure there are some people "waking up" and realizing that they are sheep but its certainly not the majority of people because people are still continuing their day to day lives as they normally would any other day. So many people buy into the fact that they trust authority and the establishments and many even think Obama is a hero. At first i was glad to see a black man as president, that truly made me happy but when you think about it hes not a hero hes just in the same old position as any other president he just has a different skin color. Some people honestly think of Obama as if he was a savior, yet when you ask them about his political positions they have no clue what he stands for.
And even though we are being abused by various institutions of our socieity whether it be through taxes, the fed, the police or a cabal of new world order or whatever, do you really think the general population could do anything about it? I'd like to think so however i doubt we're going to have something take place like its out of V for Vendetta ya know. Do you think that we are going to have a true revolt, or even find out who or what organization is pulling the puppet strings that are controlling the abuses of our society. And sure, the Alex Jones nuts say its the illuminati or the bilderberg group but the problem is that we don't have that much hard evidence of what exactly they are discussing/planning.
And you also have to look at the aspect of the general population and how humans act. Humans are in a way like sheep and herd yet we are in such a "culture war" right now that people have different opinions on nearly every subject and its already hard to reach a consensus as it is, for example look at the insanity over the healthcare debate thats going on currently at this moment. As for me, i'm a libertarian and support Ron Paul. And i'd like to see healthcare become more affordable so that everyone can get it but i don't want to pay even more of my hard-earned money for someone elses healthcare when im just barely paying my own bills!

So why would you say that there is a "global shift in consciousness" and what exactly do you define it as?

Consciousness cannot be defined and that's what makes it consciousness, you know what I'm talking about and i know what your talking about, thats as far as you go.

Even scientists are struggling with the concept of consciousness, because it is not centered in a lobe or anything, it is not activated from a certain part of the brain its the energy that envelops it.

Consciousness, is what you know but don't know how you know.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #21
Enoch

Enoch grasshopper

Nothing can stop the pendulum from swinging. Ages of enlightenment have been followed by so called dark ages and so on ad infinitum. Empires rise and fall. Any excess will be cancelled out. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. The only way to transcend this is to find equilibrium.

Science bitches
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:52 PM   #22
Enoch

Enoch grasshopper

A lot of people are breaking the mold of traditional conditioned thinking. Unfortunately most of them are replacing it with equal retarded thinking. A lot of people are waking up. A lot of people are stupider than ever. Global shift in consciousness? I sure hope so, it will happen and i'd like to think that its happening now, but i don't know. Its up to us to decide.
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:58 PM   #23
Divine King
Staten We Go Hard

Divine King shaolin monk

cats be gettin more smart
plus they be makin more $ so that's aight

http://www.myspace.com/jpersona
http://twitter.com/jpjasonpowers
Divine King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:02 PM   #24
jaupoon
Wu fanatic from Brooklyn

jaupoon shaolin monk

I agree that people are getting smarter, but there are many people becoming increasingly idiotic. This could also be corelated with the rapid advancement and power of our technologies expanding regardless of what technology or whether its good or bad but in my opinion things are moving too fast when it comes to technology. In my ideal world i would like technology to take it easy and people should enjoy what we have and be greatful for it.

True that enoch. And yeah i know consciousness is somewhat undefinable. I just basically think its your entire brain and all of its synapses being active and sending messages to your nervous system and your body responding to its actions.

We could also delve into the question of what is reality? Is reality a physical thing? Is everything real? Or is reality just moments of our consciousness telling our brain what is going on around and inside us?
jaupoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:31 PM   #25
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
I agree that people are getting smarter, but there are many people becoming increasingly idiotic.
The Shift eventually leads to war - not necessarily with bombs and guns

Quote:
We could also delve into the question of what is reality? Is reality a physical thing? Is everything real? Or is reality just moments of our consciousness telling our brain what is going on around and inside us?

Reality is a word that we use to convey a message to one another
it means what ever it means to whoever is using it - a portion of what you intend to give will be gotten and will fragment and some of those fragments will be distorted - Reality is what ever you say it is