news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 08-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Why are kids so violent?

I think as a society we try to pretend that kids are innocent, but there mentality when given a chance to show it is extremely violent and sexual.

when kids play games made up by kids there's always the elements of power and death.

in fact if you look at things kids are interested in, power and death are always recurring themes.

its the shit we make FOR them to be interested in like educational kids shows, that create a fascade that they like that shit, and we use psychological tricks to get them to watch it like giving the characters big eyes, using repetition, distinct voices and bright colors.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:00 AM   #2
Steve Urkel
ADEPT

Steve Urkel drunken mastaSteve Urkel drunken mastaSteve Urkel drunken masta

Steve Urkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:03 AM   #3
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i also think this force feed 'innocent' childhood is why so many american kids strive to rebel against their parents and society.

from an early age they are force to be their definition of what their parents think they should be, and that's innocent and pure.

I think there would actually be a lot less teen drug use if kids shows had as much excessive blood as the pictures they tend to draw which often feature profuse bleeding and decapitation. very often. or if those shows had as many weapons as they games the play with each other and focus on power.

back in nigeria we used to beat the FUCK out of each other lol. the backyard was just 60 kids from ages 4-9 running allover the place in a huge dusty ashy blob and every 8 seconds somebody starts beating the living shit out of someone, regardless of gender, then africans group up and are so soft conformist and pusseh its ridiculous.

me and my siblings tend to think outside the box more then them and be more rebellious but we also watched more tv then them and had more restrictions on what we can and can't do and i think there is a coorelation.

i would say its education but they're way better at school then us. I think its the TV.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:10 AM   #4
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms

Childhood is the most important time of mental development, anything that the child sees, hears and feels will be absorbed like a sponge. It is the enviroment that shapes the kids.

If he grows up in some hippie family, he will be a pot smoking open minded lazy person.
if he grows up in a amish family, he will be a displined, unmodern recluse
if he grows up in a arab family, he will be a respectful, hospitible and hot headed person.
If he grows up in a terrorist family he will be a terrorist.

Quite simple really.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:15 AM   #5
Steve Urkel
ADEPT

Yeah kids are in essence a tabula rasa, a blank page they absorb whats around them, that's why feral humans are so animalistic, because they have been raised by animals. Nobody is born as Einstein.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #6
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

but i don't think our environment is as violent as our kids. or else all our billboards would have mutilated ppl, profuse bleeding, 800000000 guns in 1 had and enormous muscles.

though i do believe the environment provides this stuff, the exceptional reception violence power and sex gets over other things with kids is very profound and almost universal.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #7
Steve Urkel
ADEPT

For every hour of TV you watch you consume 20 min of commercials, bullshit and propaganda. So am willing to bet that the media has a whole lot to do with why kids are turning out this way.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #8
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

destruction is also a very popular theme and behavior with kids. Kids build things just to destroy them, with the destruction being the self appointed reward. when i was a kid i would just pick up sticks and break them. for no reason. without even thinking about it.

i think it speaks to a human desire to control define or influence their environment
Old 08-26-2009, 10:23 AM   #9
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
For every hour of TV you watch you consume 20 min of commercials, bullshit and propaganda. So am willing to bet that the media has a whole lot to do with why kids are turning out this way.
kids that don't watch any tv, like my cousins in nigeria, were still exceptionally violent as kids, like kids.

even primitive kids were likely to play warrior and hunter as ancient toys show.
i worked at a daycare and notice, mainly with the boys, that destroying things was the primary joy in playing most games as a kid. If you give a little boy 6 toys and have him play with them by himself, 6 will be dead at one point of the game and the 7th will kill himself.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #10
begongo
I AM HIPHOP

begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to begongo Send a message via Yahoo to begongo Send a message via Skype™ to begongo

building a snowman and then destroying it with a jump kick
fuck yeah
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
I'm not going post more pictures of my dick, Style. You guys can forget about it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Some of ya'll that are having sex without condoms need to be careful because that shit ain't cool having sex with no condoms.
begongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #11
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

lmao! exactly, but why

you slave for an hour building that mother fucker, just to kill his ass with a lead pipe
Old 08-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #12
Cee Oh Vee
Capo

Cee Oh Vee drunken mastaCee Oh Vee drunken masta

Violence is not the opposite of being 'innocent'.

And to answer the question simply, because they haven't matured yet.

Peace.

I seek refuge with the Lord of Daybreak

Cee Oh Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:30 AM   #13
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
but i don't think our environment is as violent as our kids. or else all our billboards would have mutilated ppl, profuse bleeding, 800000000 guns in 1 had and enormous muscles.

though i do believe the environment provides this stuff, the exceptional reception violence power and sex gets over other things with kids is very profound and almost universal.
Different people have different enviroments, a family could create a seperate enviroment from the rest of their community. Basically if your parents are cannibal inbreds i,m sure you will grow up to be one too.

Its more family upbringing then anything, the parents shape their kids personality and can filter what they see and what they don't but i do agree they cant control every factor of their lives and their kids might meet some other influential kids that will shape their minds.

That draws me to the conclusion that culture that is the main factor, if the culture has traditional values that must be upheld for family/tribe honour then you will get much less violent people. If the culture is dominated by evil media corporations then all kids growing up in that country will be warped one way or another

Violent kids are also braught up neglected by their parents and often get physically abused, which in turn makes them wont to reflect their inner pain on other people, therefore making them what you percieve as violent.

Enviroment = Parents + culture
Old 08-26-2009, 10:34 AM   #14
Steve Urkel
ADEPT

Behaviour = nature + nurture
Old 08-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #15
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

My parents weren't violent when i was little, but i used to make paper toys and EVERY game ended with me chewing a hole through their chest, spitting on them to symbolize duh blud, then throwing them off my balcony.

they were usually very muscular as well. my parents didn't teach me any of this. I was doing it before i even started paying attention to TV but once i started watching it the stuff that would appeal the most is the most violent. sure its out there, but so was the gay ass non violent shit, but i didn't care, i watched to see Arnold fuck whores and kill arabs.

i think if anything society makes us less violent and give us expectation on how to act when were older which is what being "mature" is.