news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 08-26-2009, 06:43 PM   #31
Steve Urkel
ADEPT

Steve Urkel drunken mastaSteve Urkel drunken mastaSteve Urkel drunken masta

^^ Yes you are right, but Africa needs time to sort itself out, like I said its only recently (WWII) that Europeans have stopped killing each other, before then countries appeared and disappeared like crazy. All of these problems stemmed from cultural clashes (French vs Germans vs British vs Rusians ... )
Steve Urkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:47 PM   #32
Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
Irondan 2: Curly's Gold

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I agree in that dwelling on the past is not beneficial or productive for Africa, as a continent.

It is up to everyone, whether it be on a Nationalistic or individual level, to deal with their own situation, but at the same time, Africa's current state is directly related to colonialism.

Now, like you said, it is up to them to handle their own business. BUT, there is a still a good deal of Western, Muslim, Asian incluence in Africa that certainly doesn't help matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.
Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #33
Jedrek

Jedrek shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAN View Post

The Europeans were also incredibly lucky because of the fact that they didnt have to deal with any Mongol invasion. .

I thought that Europe ends at Ural

Jedrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #34
Black Man
Veteran Member

Black Man crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
What it all boils down to is yes non-isolation (Africans and Native Americans were both pretty isolated) and war. I think most of you have forgotten that up until 1945 europeans have been killing each other on a constant basis. Europeans don't like each other, its only until 1945 when everyone realized the true implications of war (Nuclear winter) that they said hell fuck it and everyone knows that the best way to get advanced technology is through military spending/research, this is when attention is diverted from killing people and made accessible for the people. That's why Africa is so fucked up, you've got thousands of different tribes with different cultures all forced into each other by lines Europeans drew. Almost all problems in Africa stem from tribal problems, if you ask me Africa should be having 50 more countries. This is like forcing the british and the french into one country, those motherfuckers are gonna kill themselves proper, hell go check why Austria Hungary is no more, wikipedia that shit.
What were they isolated from?
Black Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:37 PM   #35
Steve Urkel
ADEPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Man View Post
What were they isolated from?

From trade, if you look at the shape of both the African and American continents they pass through a whole range of lattitudes (which means different climates which impedes trade) while Europe/Asia are not that long lattitude wise which means people could travel easier ... find other peoples they don't like kill them, steal technology ..... etc
Old 08-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #36
Black Man
Veteran Member

Quote:
From trade, if you look at the shape of both the African and American continents they pass through a whole range of lattitudes (which means different climates which impedes trade) while Europe/Asia are not that long lattitude wise which means people could travel easier ... find other peoples they don't like kill them, steal technology ..... etc
The people who lived on the continent of Africa traded with people on the continents of North and South America. The people of North and South America traded with the people of Asia. The people of the Pacific Islands traded with people in Africa. The Indigenous people of the planet Earth were trading with one another all over the inhabited continents.

All of this was happening BEFORE europeans knew how to read and write let alone navigate the oceans.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:54 PM   #37
Black Man
Veteran Member

Quote:
The people who lived on the continent of Africa traded with people on the continents of North and South America. The people of North and South America traded with the people of Asia. The people of the Pacific Islands traded with people in Africa. The Indigenous people of the planet Earth were trading with one another all over the inhabited continents.

All of this was happening BEFORE europeans knew how to read and write let alone navigate the oceans.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #38
Steve Urkel
ADEPT

Really? Please continue cuz I have never heard about this

Last edited by Steve Urkel; 08-27-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:03 PM   #39
begongo
I AM HIPHOP

begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to begongo Send a message via Yahoo to begongo Send a message via Skype™ to begongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
so all that i mentioned you don't think still affects current problems a great deal?
if africa was never militarily oppressed, you think they'd have all the same problems they face today?
absolutely, I'm 100% positive they would be just as poor and underdeveloped
Quote:
interesting
so past few thousand years of military oppression of african nations by european powers as well as the several hundreds of years of slave trade had less of a toll on the continent than tribal wars?

also by "advancing faster" I'm not sure what you mean by "advancing"
taking over?
technology?
you can't name a civilization who spiritually advanced faster than ancient egypt. actually europeans have yet to advance that far, nor will they ever - so as far as advancing on that scale they are waaaay behind.

the same ancient egypt who gave the world (and thus europeans) religion, arts, science, agriculture, mathematics, writing, ect ect - in order for them to "advance" in the first place

this thread is just plain silly
religion is a MAJOR drawback and you're calling it an advancement
I'm not going post more pictures of my dick, Style. You guys can forget about it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Some of ya'll that are having sex without condoms need to be careful because that shit ain't cool having sex with no condoms.

Last edited by begongo; 08-27-2009 at 03:06 PM.
begongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:21 PM   #40
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by begongo View Post
absolutely, I'm 100% positive they would be just as poor and underdeveloped
the civilization of ancient egypt was poor and underdeveloped? before being taken over? Africa was doing fine.

being 100% positive while being 100% wrong is a good possibility

tbh I think they would be more advanced than we are today
Quote:
religion is a MAJOR drawback and you're calling it an advancement
to be sure -
their "religion" was spirituality, not actually religion
and yes it was an advancement because it spawned the other things I mentioned - arts, mathematics, science, writing, ect.
though the rest of the world bastardized and twisted their system into some of the religions you know of today

Last edited by Mumm Ra; 08-27-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Mumm Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #41
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SID View Post
Because our countries have been infiltrated by elitists. If you do research you will see that most of all Arab leaders were taught in America and came to Their respective country when the time was right.

Your like a kid tsa, telling me to shut up when i make a valid point that goes against your beliefs.
nigga, in the meiji period japans leaders were educated in america and england, for the purpose of developing, were they infiltrated to become poorer or did they become developed because of this?

would you want your country run by someone from harvard on abulam sabbdum school is islam and sand.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #42
begongo
I AM HIPHOP

begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to begongo Send a message via Yahoo to begongo Send a message via Skype™ to begongo

Quote:
the civilization of ancient egypt was poor and underdeveloped? before being taken over? Africa was doing fine.

to be sure -
and yes it was an advancement because it spawned the other things I mentioned - arts, mathematics, science, writing, ect.
though the rest of the world bastardized and twisted their system into some of the religions you know of today
what's spiritual about worshipping imaginary beings?
I'm not going post more pictures of my dick, Style. You guys can forget about it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Some of ya'll that are having sex without condoms need to be careful because that shit ain't cool having sex with no condoms.
begongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:33 PM   #43
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SID View Post
You just argue for the sake of some sort of depraved sexual gratification.

I will not debate you, you are right i am wrong.
Quote:
interesting
so past few thousand years of military oppression of african nations by european powers as well as the several hundreds of years of slave trade had less of a toll on the continent than tribal wars?

also by "advancing faster" I'm not sure what you mean by "advancing"
taking over?
technology?
you can't name a civilization who spiritually advanced faster than ancient egypt. actually europeans have yet to advance that far, nor will they ever - so as far as advancing on that scale they are waaaay behind.

the same ancient egypt who gave the world (and thus europeans) religion, arts, science, agriculture, mathematics, writing, ect ect - in order for them to "advance" in the first place

this thread is just plain silly
i'll tell you right now the tribalism is more of a problem in africa then colonialism, which had its good and bad.

tribalism in nigeria creates a national government more focused on making sure your group does well cause otherwise someone will make sure they do bad then helping the country.

then you throw oil in the mix and you have everyone at each others throats for resources.
this is the same in most of africa, but i dont think single ethnicity countries are the 'answer' cause those fail too. the horn of africa is mostly single ethnicity countries and they are the only ones that consistantly fight other countries as opposed to themselves.

the only other place this happens in the the great lakes central africa, but those are single ethnicity as well.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #44
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

Quote:

to be sure -
yor being an idealist with a pointless and baseless romantic view of an egypt your molding in your own interpretation.

they were religious. it was a religion. stop.
their religion had all the things that make something a religion.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:40 PM   #45
Steve Urkel
ADEPT

Yes to everything TSA said, remove the tribalism equation and Africa would be way more ahead than it is now.