news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 08-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo
Default Jim Jarmusch

anybody like this guys work? ill admit to only having seen most of Coffee and Ciggs, and Ghost Dog..but i really like the stuff from Coffee and Ciggs...and im gonna check out Dead Man..what do u guys think?
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:44 PM   #2
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Great movie accompanied by great music. More people need to check the film out

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:23 AM   #3
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

he makes special movies, like Wes Anderson

...i'd say Coffee & Cigarretes is his best movie
Old 08-27-2009, 09:05 AM   #4
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

its funny that i havent seen more of his stuff considering hes friends with (and often works with) Iggy Pop, Tom Waits, and Neil Young...artists i love...im getting right on it...starting with Dead man.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:30 AM   #5
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i like his work that i've seen (Dead man, stranger than paradise, mystery train, ghost dog, coffee and cigarettes)...even though his pacing is...idiosyncratic...it takes some getting used to imo. I need to see more of his work i think...i need to see broken flowers and doesn't he have a new movie coming out?
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:31 AM   #6
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

what the hell is this from lol
Old 08-27-2009, 09:34 AM   #7
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

dead man has one of the most tense starts to a movie ever imo...it's almost ten minutes where you're wondering when the fuck anything is going to happen lol i tried watching it with some friends over but it revealed to me that they're idiots with no taste in films lol it's a good film though, his stuff is more contemplative and cerebral than a visceral entertainment experience imo.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:43 AM   #8
KERZO
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah i liked ghost dog and ima def check out dead man now ive heard of it. it was cool when rza came to glasgow for a special showing of ghost dog before his gig (he took questions,done signings etc)...

any of you seen 'broken flowers' or 'the limits of control' cos i might dl them if ya'll think they're worth the watch?

KERZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:48 AM   #9
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i own ghostdog, coffee and cigarettes, dead man and broken flowers. dead man is great. broken flowers was a great concept, but could have been better. best part about broken flowers is when that chick (eric's new girlfriend from entourage) gets naked.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:45 AM   #10
jaupoon
Wu fanatic from Brooklyn

jaupoon shaolin monk
Default What chu talkin 'bout Wera?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
he makes special movies, like Wes Anderson

...i'd say Coffee & Cigarretes is his best movie
Have you seen the rest of Jim Jarmuschs films? I dont know how you could think Coffee and Cigs is his best film. The majority of people think its one of his worst. Personally i dont think its his worst, its probably my fifth favorite, but Dead Man and Down By Law are FAR FAR better films. And im a Wu Tang fanatic and LOVED seeing RZA and GZA in the film but if you havent seen his other films (all of his films from 1995 and before) you have to see them.
jaupoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #11
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

so 'the limits of control' is already out?
is it on dvd yet?

broken flowers has bill murray so it's at the very least watchable lol
Old 08-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #12
jaupoon
Wu fanatic from Brooklyn

jaupoon shaolin monk

The limits of control was released in theaters but its not on DVD yet. And as for Broken Flowers yeah its watchable but its nowehere near as good as Jarmuschs other flicks.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:20 AM   #13
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Coffee and Cigarettes is wildly overrated to me, but whatever.

Three or four good scenes.

Limits of Control got some pretty bad reviews, but it appeals to me.

Probably check it out once it arrives on DVD

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #14
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^^^i agree on coffee and cigarettes, but i'm not wild about vignette-based films anyway

what is limits of control about? cast? yes i know i'm online but i'm lazy and would rather get the insights of wucorpians
Old 08-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #15
jaupoon
Wu fanatic from Brooklyn

jaupoon shaolin monk
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Bateman View Post
Coffee and Cigarettes is wildly overrated to me, but whatever.

Three or four good scenes.

Limits of Control got some pretty bad reviews, but it appeals to me.

Probably check it out once it arrives on DVD
I agree with u 100% dude. Coffee and cigarettes is overrated. And yeah, it does have a couple cool scenes but half of the scenes suck. The RZA and GZA joint "delirium" is great though!

Jim Jarmusch is much better than Coffee and Cigarettes.

His good flicks:
Ghost Dog: Way Of The Samurai
Down By Law
Dead Man
Night On Earth

As far as Stranger Than Paradise goes, I like it but a lot of people have short attention spans and find it boring but in reality its one of the most important independent films of the 1980s. But i can see why some people find it boring. As far as the 4 flicks i listed above, theyre great.