news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 09-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Review of "Wizard of Poetry"

Here's the first review i've seen on GhostDini's upcoming album, this will probably leak in less than a week i guess. Rated 4/5 by this site

[quote]
“Paragraphs Of Love” - Review Of Ghostface Killah’s Ghostdini: The Wizard Of Poetry In Emerald City ALBUM REVIEWS By David D. on September 15, 2009 at 1:34 pm

We should have all seen an album of this nature coming from Ghostface. While Brother Starks has had his feet planted firmly in the Shaolin slums with legendary street tales, his catalogue has always featured a smattering of songs displaying the triumphs and tragedies of attempts to conquer the fairer sex. From the unrepenting “Wildflower” to becoming mesmerized by the likes of “Beauty Jackson,” Ghostface has been known for stacking his escapades with honesty and sharp detail. Going all in for the gusto, Mr. Coles’ latest endeavor, Ghostdini: The Wizard of Poetry in Emerald City, is a smorgasbord of R&B flavored tunes with that special Ghost twist.

The album truly shines as Ghostface uses his patented knack for episodic tracks and proves yet again that he can weave a story with the best of Hollywood’s writers. “Lonely” is a true gem as Ghostface spends four minutes driving himself crazy over the thought of another man moving into his old house with his old wifey: “Under my covers and changing my channels/playing my CDs in my robes another man is burning my candles/my cologne’s almost gone, a fake don my old whiz fell for…” Lyfe Jennings adds a superb backdrop as his voice never fails at conveying sheer agony. For the most part, the guest vocalists hit their marks as one would expect from singers like Raheem DeVaughn and John Legend.

Increasing the LP’s commercial stock, tracks like the “Let’s Stop Playin’” with a crooning John Legend riding shotgun and Scott Storch-concocted “I’ll Be That” hit the radio-friendly tropes one would expect from Hip-Hop/R&B collaborations. And perhaps the most spotless of collabos comes in form of the age-old “Back Like That (Remix)” with Ne-Yo & Kanye West present for audio support. True, the mid-tempo jam already secured an appearance on More Fish, but its DNA is so akin to the rest of WOP, fans shouldn’t seem to mind much.

But Ghostface is a man man’s and simple Rap/R&B ditties are for mere mortals. Turning up the heat, “Stapleton Sex” is as vivid of a depiction of…well…sex you’re going to hear on wax with enough detail to make Uncle Luke blush. Paragraphs of Love,” complete with cinematic interaction from Method Man & Estelle and “Guest House (co-starring Fabolous & Shareefa) are a one-two punch of excellence with swooping horns adding to the drama of each scenario. Not to ruin the story, but the detail and paranoia from “Guest House” oozes through each bar, creating an edge-of-your seat adventure as only Ghost can provide.
All in all, Ghostdini: The Wizard of Poetry makes its mark as Ghostface’s most idealistic album furthering its distinction against Ghost’s previously renowned offerings. While the thought of a whole R&B-flavored album can lead to horrendous results, it’s a testament to Ghost’s mastery of his craft that he is able to provide such a varied and stellar project.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:03 PM   #2
SHAoLiN LoRD
OLDER G.O.D.

SHAoLiN LoRD iron monkeySHAoLiN LoRD iron monkeySHAoLiN LoRD iron monkeySHAoLiN LoRD iron monkey

sickly...i dont know what to expect from this. I love ghost's street tales.....However, Iam curious to see what this is about.
SHAoLiN LoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

hmm the reviewer mentions Method Man appearing on "Paragraphs of Love", probably just a small mistake from the writer but could be a last minute addition. would be nice to have a Ghost/Mef collabo on there, they match perfectly together imo.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
Old 09-15-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

im really feeling ghosts whole movement right now

in my opinion he has surpassed slick rick in terms of storytelling!!!!

he can do the coke rap in his sleep, ima always love that, but hes writing movies with this joint!!!!

that "guest house" joint is highly cinematic!!!!!

*stocks up on candles, chocolate truffles, body oils, and value socks*
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

"Lyfe Jennings adds a superb backdrop as his voice never fails at conveying sheer agony"

Wasnt Jack Knight slated for "Lonely"? Is this another mistake?
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #6
5hundred&one
Groovallegiance

5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Ive only listened to the leaks once each, I think this shit is going to be a better lsiten start to finish. I can't wait til it all leaks though, I might buy my second wu album in a month. That hasn't happened in years.
5hundred&one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:58 PM   #7
12weLvE
Veteran Member

12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to 12weLvE

Maybe the replay value will be there unlike an album that dropped the 8th of Sept. Cant wait to peep this.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #8
claaa7
Killer Bob

^^ you didn't think "Cuban Linx II" has replay value??
damn, that shit is in heavy rotation for me

Old 09-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #9
5hundred&one
Groovallegiance

5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

he's talkin about sound theory
Old 09-15-2009, 04:17 PM   #10
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
hmm the reviewer mentions Method Man appearing on "Paragraphs of Love", probably just a small mistake from the writer but could be a last minute addition. would be nice to have a Ghost/Mef collabo on there, they match perfectly together imo.
Method Man is on that track.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #11
12weLvE
Veteran Member

12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to 12weLvE

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
^^ you didn't think "Cuban Linx II" has replay value??
damn, that shit is in heavy rotation for me
Well yeah man, I still bump it, but I am starting to skip more tracks as the days go by. There are some cold classics on there thought no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 501 Gold View Post
he's talkin about sound theory
lMAO!! coming form one of the weakest beat makers to ever post in the booth ahahahahhaah. You loose!!
Old 09-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #12
5hundred&one
Groovallegiance

lol, based on what?
Old 09-15-2009, 04:30 PM   #13
immaculate

8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms

Waitin' 4 that shish mos def.

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:39 PM   #14
dafran
36 chambers

dafran shaolin masta killadafran shaolin masta killadafran shaolin masta killadafran shaolin masta killadafran shaolin masta killadafran shaolin masta killadafran shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama View Post
Method Man is on that track.
how you know that?? because i have that song and there's no Meth but i hope for it

OL'DIRTY BASTARD (R.I.P.)
dafran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #15
5hundred&one
Groovallegiance