news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 09-16-2009, 05:01 AM   #1
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Afro Samurai 1+2 combined could be a fucking nasty ass album

i was thinking about this yesterday when bumping "Afro Samurai Ressurection" for the first time since the weeks after it dropped. That album has alot of dope songs but the album as a whole feels rushed and unconsistent with about 7-8 filler tracks imo. The first one is straight up insane if you ask me, but it only has 7 real hip-hop songs and a dope but very short introduction. if you'd make a playlist with all the songs from Afro 1 and the best from part 2 you'd get a pretty fucking dope album though. what y'all think and how would your playlist look??

01. Afro Theme Intro (The RZA)
02. Certified Samurai (Talib Kwli, Lil' Free & Suga Bang)
03. Just A Lil' Dude (Q-Tip & FreeMurda)
04. Who is Tha Man (Reverend William Burke)
05. Cameo Afro (Big Daddy Kane & GZA/Genius)
06. Take Sword Pt. 1 (The RZA & Beretta 9)
07. Fury in My Eyes A.K.A. Revenge (The RZA ft. Thea)
08. You Already Know (Kool G Rap, Inspectah Deck & Suga Bang)
09. Take Sword Pt. 2 (62nd Assasin & True Master)
10. Combat (RZA & P.Dot)
11. Whar (Kool G Rap, Ghostface Killah & RZA)
12. Girl Samurai Lullaby (Rah Digga)
13. Bloody Samurai (Black Knights)
14. Dead Birds (Killah Priest & Prodigal Sunn)
15. Arch Nemesis (Ace & Moe Roc)
16. Yellow Jackets (Ace & Moe Rock)
17. Take The Sword Pt. 3 (Bobby Digital, Kinetic, Black Knights, 60 Sec, etc)
18. Number One Samurai Outro (The RZA & 9th Prince)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:14 AM   #2
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I agree, especially the first one that was just fire. Not sure what I would put in a combined tracklisting, though, haven't heard either for a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:03 AM   #3
5hundred&one
Groovallegiance

5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

for real, people front on the first afro soundtrack and I don't see why. just a lil dude may be my favorite rza beat since the classic days.
5hundred&one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:33 AM   #4
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ is there really that many people fronting on Volume 1, i thought that was pretty hailed amongst most Wu fans and received great reviews from hip-hop sites and such so... Volume 2 is not very praised though, although that's partly understandable.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:50 AM   #5
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
i was thinking about this yesterday when bumping "Afro Samurai Ressurection" for the first time since the weeks after it dropped. That album has alot of dope songs but the album as a whole feels rushed and unconsistent with about 7-8 filler tracks imo. The first one is straight up insane if you ask me, but it only has 7 real hip-hop songs and a dope but very short introduction. if you'd make a playlist with all the songs from Afro 1 and the best from part 2 you'd get a pretty fucking dope album though. what y'all think and how would your playlist look??

01. Afro Theme Intro (The RZA)
02. Certified Samurai (Talib Kwli, Lil' Free & Suga Bang)
03. Just A Lil' Dude (Q-Tip & FreeMurda)
04. Who is Tha Man (Reverend William Burke)
05. Cameo Afro (Big Daddy Kane & GZA/Genius)
06. Take Sword Pt. 1 (The RZA & Beretta 9)
07. Fury in My Eyes A.K.A. Revenge (The RZA ft. Thea)
08. You Already Know (Kool G Rap, Inspectah Deck & Suga Bang)
09. Take Sword Pt. 2 (62nd Assasin & True Master)
10. Combat (RZA & P.Dot)
11. Whar (Kool G Rap, Ghostface Killah & RZA)
12. Girl Samurai Lullaby (Rah Digga)
13. Bloody Samurai (Black Knights)
14. Dead Birds (Killah Priest & Prodigal Sunn)
15. Arch Nemesis (Ace & Moe Roc)
16. Yellow Jackets (Ace & Moe Rock)
17. Take The Sword Pt. 3 (Bobby Digital, Kinetic, Black Knights, 60 Sec, etc)
18. Number One Samurai Outro (The RZA & 9th Prince)
why not because ur right there a few tracks on afro samurai resurection i skip regularly but the ones i bump reguarly but i'd replace the ace/moe roc track with "Brother's Keeper (The Reverend William Burk feat. RZA & Infinite)" and "Kill Kill Kill (Rugged Monk)"

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #6
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

This type of thing seems to be a common occurence with recent wu-tang related albums. I would also add that if you combined tracks from fishscale with some of the joints from more fish, you would get a near classic imo.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:52 AM   #7
claaa7
Killer Bob

^^ yep i've been thinking about that too, it's too bad Ghost didn't wait just a lil longer to drop "Fishscale" and he could have pulled that off.. but on the other hand he made more money the way he did it and he also gave us two good albums either way imo.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #8
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
^^ yep i've been thinking about that too, it's too bad Ghost didn't wait just a lil longer to drop "Fishscale" and he could have pulled that off.. but on the other hand he made more money the way he did it and he also gave us two good albums either way imo.
I don't quite see it that way but to each his own I guess.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #9
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

RZA is ofcourse one of the all-time great producers
ditto Q-Tip as an emcee

I still don't think they mesh well together imo

Inspectah Deck would've murdered that track

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:43 AM   #10
5hundred&one
Groovallegiance

5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

really? damn man... I remember when I first heard that song I was amazed at how well q-tip went with the beat. it's obviously not his usual style, but I thought it was a great departure and I wish he did stuff like that more often. I agree about deck though, or anyone from the clan for that matter.

One of Gza's better verses in years was on afro samurai too.
5hundred&one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #11
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 501 Gold View Post
really? damn man... I remember when I first heard that song I was amazed at how well q-tip went with the beat. it's obviously not his usual style, but I thought it was a great departure and I wish he did stuff like that more often. I agree about deck though, or anyone from the clan for that matter.

One of Gza's better verses in years was on afro samurai too.
maybe its from hearin so much Tribe growin up but idk just sounded off to me like Q just ain't rugged enough for a track like that

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #12
DEVAMPS
Veteran Member

DEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killaDEVAMPS shaolin masta killa

true lots of grimey shit from rza on these
DEVAMPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #13
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i would have put A Bitch Is Gonna Get Ya on there, that shit is grimey as hell
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #14
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^ya it's like a 21st century gravediggaz beat
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:56 PM   #15
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

so why don't cha do it and make a dope cover call afro samurai amended

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote