news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 04-07-2009, 10:34 PM   #1
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz
Default Know Your Ledge

First of all let me start by saying its an honor to preside over this particular section of the Corp. I've been hitting this particular spot up on the regular since I've joined the WTC and I'm glad I have a chance to restore this section to all its former glory. Its a state that a lot of our current member probably have never witnessed.

I don't think we'll get there without some guidelines being placed that I think are long overdue.

Any one visiting this section is going to be held to higher standards of participation than what's required elsewhere. This section is about learning and about exchanging your deepest thoughts and outlooks and I want people to feel free to do just that. Besides your participation, what else does it require.

It requires Respect from all participating parties. It does not require to you to agree with someone but it does require that you are able to respectfully disagree. I don't want to see any more personal attacks on the people who see the world different from you.

I don't plan on ruling with an iron hand but any post or threads that are trollish in nature are going to either end up Norwayed or edited.

Be respectful, be open, be you.

If you got any suggestions for how to improve the boards, feel free to post them here.

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
mastapowerful
Veteran Member

mastapowerful iron monkeymastapowerful iron monkeymastapowerful iron monkeymastapowerful iron monkey

Respect due!!!

mastapowerful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:50 AM   #3
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz
Default Effective Communication

What are some keys for achieving it?

And is it important?

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #4
Shadowthrone
master of doom

Shadowthrone drunken mastaShadowthrone drunken mastaShadowthrone drunken masta

In what context, or for what purpose? More communication is more effective, as it helps understanding each other.

Telepathy?
Shadowthrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #5
Mr. Muhammad
Manifestation of Allah

Mr. Muhammad iron monkeyMr. Muhammad iron monkeyMr. Muhammad iron monkeyMr. Muhammad iron monkey

The following excerpts are taken from an earlier post of mine on "Lawful Dialogue and Effective Communication":
================================================== =====

Lawful dialogue is not debate; it is reasoned conversation, the subject of which are the actual facts of a thing.

The true solution to all problems can be arrived at only through dialogue among individuals who respect themselves and one another and who willingly, freely, lawfully consider and decide issues on the merits. Decisions are based on principles and fair standards independent of personalities.

Through the use of lawful dialogue, we are able to recognize what needs to be worked on. This affords us an opportunity to face ourselves in the mirror. Above all, the process of discovering the truth takes place within parliamentary procedures. Parliamentary procedure is being courteous and impersonal. Justice is impartial. Everyone has a responsibility to speak and a right to express his or her views.

The process of lawful dialogue will weave the ability, if we master the process, to teach it to others, produce practical applications of our teachings and thereby create the solutions to all of our problems.

Before fundamental change can take place, a process of unearthing fundamental assumptions through lawful dialogue must occur. For it is on that level where actual conflict or disagreement resides. In order for true understanding and agreement to be achieved then it must be achieved on a fundamental level. Fundamental assumptions are the things we hold true. They are the basis of our words, actions, perceptions, attitudes, and behaviors. They help to form our opinions and beliefs. Unearthing these assumptions in any situation gets to the core of people’s thinking and can arouse defensiveness, resentment, and general feelings of uneasiness. It requires a delicate balance of inquiry and reflection. You ask a question to gain understanding, and then reflect on the answer.

This is a very disciplined process. It is not antagonistic, nor is it to determine a winner. It is the process that allows truth to emerge. Furthermore, it requires the dialogue participants to suspend their assumptions to allow for honest communication to take place. As the dialogue reveals more and more to the participants they are able to see truth emerging. The process has then benefited everyone because they have all identified the truth. Having a dialogue that gets at our fundamental assumptions is an exceedingly difficult process to manage, but in the case of the commission and the Nation of Islam its rewards are immeasurable.

-from The Commissioner's Workbook, by CRRNOI

Obstacles to Effective Communication

Below are five major hindrances to "effective" communication. By "effective", I mean "producing an effect"; specifically, producing a "favorable" effect for all involved.

1) Unfamiliar or Irrelevant examples -- If I use examples that you have no experience with, I might as well be speaking to you in a foreign language.

2) Misunderstanding of words used -- If I use words that you have no definition for, or an incorrect definition for; or, if I use words incorrectly, the communication is corrupted and will be almost always misunderstood.

3) The attitude that one "knows it all, already" -- If I think I know all about a particular subject, then I am not open to hear what anyone else has to say or offer, thereby imprisoning myself in my own mind, and isolating myself from others...if not offending them. This item invariably leads to the two that follow...

4) Evaluation -- This is the formulation and expression of a conclusion about the "value" of another person, whether "complimentary" or "demeaning". In either case, this practice is a mistake, generally, because I (hypothetically) am not qualified to assess the value of another human being whom I DID NOT CREATE, unless I am echoing ALLAH'S evaluation of the Human Being. And even then, I have to be very, very careful. Heaping praise upon people we like, because they do or say something we approve of, personally, can sometimes be just as harmful as belittling people for saying or doing something we disapprove of.

"Evaluations" usually begin with words like,
"You're so...", or
"You're just (a)...", or
"You're such a..."

5) Invalidation -- This is the negation or dismissal of another person's feelings, ideas, concerns, beliefs, etc. as "silly", or "stupid", or "imaginary", or "spooky", etc. Because people tend to "identify" with their ideas, feelings, beliefs, etc. so fully, they tend to interpret negation of these expressions of theirs as negation of "themselves" or of their "significance". When a person's expression is "invalidated", the response can be anything from "retreat" to "attack", which is certainly not "effective" communication in the most positive sense. In order for a person to communicate freely, he or she must know and feel that he/she is an "equal participant" in the exchange, and will receive equal consideration.

"Invalidations" usually begin with words like:
"That's so....", or
"That's just (a)...", or
"That's such a...".
Mr. Muhammad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #6
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

great to see. i just hope there's enough of an intelligible crowd left here to generate thought-provoking discussion. it seems like the majority of what was keeping KTL active was trolling and pointless bickering.
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #7
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Needed

lets all put this to practice

Last edited by LORD NOSE; 04-13-2009 at 04:21 PM.
LORD NOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:22 PM   #8
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The purpose of communication is to convey an idea or thought to another person.

Some people defeat the purpose of communication by doing the following things:

- Using terms that are most likely not to be understood to the reader
- Not conveying ideas and thoughts clear and to the point
- Writing 'articles'

If people do the above things listed, then they've defeated the purpose of communication.

If one does not or is likely not to understand certain terms, then familiar terms should be used.

If one does not write to the point, misunderstanding could be the effect.

If one writes long articles, most will probably not read it.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:53 PM   #9
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

some people just don't belong in certain cyphers
just like a 3 year old has no business in a circle of adults talking about sex
Old 04-19-2009, 08:39 PM   #10
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i just dont think anyone that uses the world cyphers belongs in any discussion.

i think the key to effect discussion is to remember the stupidity of the human race, and instead of giving a long winded speech give a bold, memorable, powerful statement or even word.

mao did it.

on like, wucorp and shit?
ppl believe what they believe and its the internet so do whatever you want it won't make a difference.
but also be brief
Old 04-20-2009, 09:37 PM   #11
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

To me the main trait people need to have is not to just hear, but listen.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:58 PM   #12
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungSunny View Post
To me the main trait people need to have is not to just hear, but listen.
Very true.

I find when people do not pay attention to what was said, misinterpretation is the result followed by negative emotions.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:17 AM   #13
Kemeticly Doubs
Doin The Knowledge

Kemeticly Doubs crouching tiger

WORD UP, if u gon' drop science on an individual u have to come at them at an angle they will understang...GOOD points n GOOD breakdown(for us, the people who are knowledged on the topic n get it already(no disrespect) when "teaching" or enlightening someone jus acknowledge where their knowledge is at n hit em' at their angle where they can relate some how n help it "click" a lil' easier
thatz jus my 2cense...Peace
Old 05-09-2009, 03:54 PM   #14
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemeticly Doubs View Post
WORD UP, if u gon' drop science on an individual u have to come at them at an angle they will understang...GOOD points n GOOD breakdown(for us, the people who are knowledged on the topic n get it already(no disrespect) when "teaching" or enlightening someone jus acknowledge where their knowledge is at n hit em' at their angle where they can relate some how n help it "click" a lil' easier
thatz jus my 2cense...Peace

and if you cannot get through to that person, let the next person try
Old 05-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #15
Kemeticly Doubs
Doin The Knowledge

Kemeticly Doubs crouching tiger

my man!...couldn't drop it better myself OnELuv