news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

View Poll Results: Whose Better
Beatles 15 44.12%
Pink Floyd 16 47.06%
Undecieded 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #1
MaXiMus Da MaNtis
Wu Vatican

MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default f*uck That Last Thread ....Beatles Vs Pink Floyd

Straight Two Of Rocks Forfronts No Comment From Me Imma Just Vote
MaXiMus Da MaNtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
hansei

hansei grasshopper

Beatles are horrible.
hansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #3
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Pink Floyd by trillions of of light years.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:57 PM   #4
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

Beatles, though I do like Pink Floyd I just dont think they have more than 3 classic albums (Wish You Were Here, The Wall and Darkside). The Beatles got Revolver, Sgt.Peppers, The White Album, Rubber Soul and Abbey Road
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:36 PM   #5
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Still The Beatles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Bateman View Post
Pink Floyd by trillions of of light years.
Agreed.

Never been much of a Beatles fan, or Stones fan.

I was listening to Atom Mother Heart in 4 channel on my quad the other night, stoned as an unfaithful Iraqi woman. Righteous.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:08 PM   #7
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

beatles catalog is thicker imo.

only floyd I really like is Waters floyd anyway.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:15 PM   #8
tajeco
Natureal

tajeco drunken mastatajeco drunken mastatajeco drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansei View Post
Beatles are horrible.
Good argument. I'm convinced now that I was wrong the whole time. May I ask, who is your favorite artist? Akon? Cheeta Girls?

"This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco
tajeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #9
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I've never really "got" the Beatles like a lot of people seem to, so my opinion doesn't really count for much.

I just feel as though, while their music is obviously extremely influential, it never blows my mind. In context i'm sure it was amazing, but as someone who only had the opportunity to listen to their music from the 90's onwards, it has mild impact upon me.

I prefer some Beatles solo shit to their album material, which is probably an indication of insanity to most Beatles fans...whatever though.

However, listening to Pink Floyd for the first time, or on any occasion thereafter has generally blown my mind.

You're hard pressed to find music that sounds like Pink Floyd, their music has a quality to it which is rarely emulated.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:41 PM   #10
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Bateman View Post

You're hard pressed to find music that sounds like Pink Floyd, their music has a quality to it which is rarely emulated.
Although I agree Pink Floyd are one of the best in their category, there are a lot of bands (mostly unknown) that sound a lot like them, some copied their style, some were doing it before Pink Floyd existed. They're not completely unique, but the same goes for the Beatles.

I think it all boils down to whether you like poppy singy songs or long symphonic songs. I prefer the latter.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:00 PM   #11
Longbongcilvaringz

You think so?

The only bands i've heard that capture a similar sound are heavily influenced by them.

I'm not saying there weren't bands previous that had that sound, i've just never heard them (i'm referring to Dark Side of the Moon/Wish You Were Here/Animals era Floyd in that respect, the earlier stuff is comparable to a lot of other musicians)

Put me onto some.

I'd say PF were definitely more original than the Beatles, but that's only my opinion i guess.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #12
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

aint fucking with the beatles
Old 09-18-2009, 05:25 PM   #13
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

hard ass question...so im not gonna answer.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #14
Memory Man
Studio Gangster

Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

beatles win.
Memory Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 04:44 PM   #15
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

this really shouldnt be an easy answer for anyone familiar with both of their catalogs.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote