news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 10-31-2009, 12:06 PM   #31
CharlesJones
penalty boxed user

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

LOL@threadstarter thinking i be hating on rap veterans that aren't doing good albums anymore hahahahahahahahahahaha. I can't help it i feel the way i do about these albums. I'm not the one in the studio recording these wack songs. A lot of good rap veterans are still good lyricists but they don't make good choices with their beat selections. You can't tell me that the albums that they're releasing now sound as good as the albums they did in the 80's and 90's. The rap albums they did in the 80's and 90's had more good songs than bad songs. It's the total opposite now. There's more bad songs than good songs on their albums. I can't name one good rapper from back in the day that's still doing music now that is still making good albums. Not one. Ice Cube, Rakim, LL Cool J, Keith Murray, EPMD, KRS One, Redman, Wu Tang, Onyx, Too Short, Spice 1, MC Eiht, Ice T, Brand Nubian, Naughty By Nature, Pharoahe Monch, QTip, Boot Camp Click, Pete Rock and CL Smooth, Run DMC. I know ya'll disagree with me but it's my opinion and you don't have to like my opinion. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and people shouldn't get banned from a website because of what they say that other people may not like.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:37 PM   #32
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I think some of it has to do with the current music trends though. Like back in the 90's, hardcore hip hop was real popular. Nowaday's, not so much. So a bunch of the hardcore hip hop veterans might feel like they have to change some or all of their style, or add some soft/club type songs to their albums to cater to today's clueless zombie dwellas, that they would have never done years back. Or even if the veterans are against putting soft music out, they feel pressured by the record labels to do so. That's just how things are, styles and flavors come and go. Like in the 90's, you had fade haircuts, which were styling. Nowadays you have weirdos wearing flat brimmed caps, which make them look like they stepped right out of Ringling Brothers circus.

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:38 PM   #33
CharlesJones
penalty boxed user

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

Your right.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:27 PM   #34
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

You got banned from making threads because you made too many threads in a short period of time, not your opinion.

This thread isn't about the 90's. When this thread was in it's prime it was a good thread with lots of agreement and little disagreement of what albums rep vets released recently that were actually good. Of course we know that there are bad ones but the ones mostly discussed in this thread were good.

Adding your name to the title was a joke because you are notorious of posting in those threads about veteran new releases and hating on every single one of them, even when it is a good release.

Oh yeah CJ, what is your opinion on OB4CL2? If you think that sucked too then I curse for an ignorant black man (or woman) around where you live slaps you.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:36 PM   #35
CharlesJones
penalty boxed user

Well i shouldn't be banned for posting as many topics as i want. TSA and other people post as many as they want and i don't see them getting banned for awhile. I haven't heard Raekwon's album yet but when i do, i'll give you my opinion about it. I wouldn't be surprised either if the album sucks when i do listen to it because he hasn't made a good album since his first one.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:40 PM   #36
Tommy
Starvin' individuals kill

Tommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkey

Common - Finding Forever
Old 10-31-2009, 02:43 PM   #37
CharlesJones
penalty boxed user

Common hasn't made a good album since Resurrection. Fuck them other soft albums he put out.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:45 PM   #38
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

TSA posts multiple threads a day but in different forums and a wide range of original subjects....the odd time a thread might be Norwayed though. Yours were within like an hour, were repetitive and made spammishly, you pissed some people off and they complained and I didnt like it either.

Nevertheless if you're still on I can lift your ban a few hours early if you want to make a thread.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:15 PM   #39
beeboy
Wu Vatican

beeboy prodigal sonbeeboy prodigal sonbeeboy prodigal sonbeeboy prodigal sonbeeboy prodigal sonbeeboy prodigal son

A & E - Arts & Entertainment (Edo G & MAsta 'Ace)
beeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:38 PM   #40
UncontrolledSubstans
PRODIGAL SUN

UncontrolledSubstans prodigal sonUncontrolledSubstans prodigal sonUncontrolledSubstans prodigal sonUncontrolledSubstans prodigal sonUncontrolledSubstans prodigal sonUncontrolledSubstans prodigal son

Jeru the Damaja - Still Rising

Mad underrated.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:56 PM   #41
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ i'ma have to check out that latest Jeru The Damaja album, dope MC but his "Heroz4Hire" album is fucking ultra-wack...

Pete Rock's "NY Finest" and Large Pro's "Main Source" has got alot of play from me. both very solid releases.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:13 PM   #42
Tommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Common hasn't made a good album since Resurrection. Fuck them other soft albums he put out.
So because he raps about love he's soft, what the fuck are you talking about? The greatest song on Resurrection was about loving a woman the same way he loves hip-hop so I guess that was some soft shit as well, huh? In my eyes, Be>Resurrection, and Be is one of the greatest albums of the millenium, if not of all time. The tracks "Be", "The Corner", "Chi-City", "They Say" and, "It's Your World" are ill as fuck. Oh, and Like Water For Chocolate and Finding Forever were both dope; I've not heard his latest one though.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:41 PM   #43
harm77
Veteran Member

harm77 Imbecile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Bateman View Post
Doom counts doesn't he?

I thought Common's album 'Universal Mind Control' was decent, but maybe not good enough to include.

Kool Keith's album Dr. Doom 2 wasn't bad either.

Not sure if many people would consider these solid, just throwing them out there.
Your still alive?? I figured you killed yourself by now.
harm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:50 PM   #44
CharlesJones
penalty boxed user

LOL@Tommy saying Be is better than Resurrection hahahahahahahahaha. Get the fuck outta here with your wack opinion. Common hasn't put out anything hardcore after Resurrection. So like i said, fuck his soft ass albums LOL. Can I Borrow A Dollar and Resurrection is all i need to listen to from him. LOL@Claaa7 saying Jeru The Damaja's Heroz4Hire album is wack hahahahahahahahahaha. Yes it is and so is Still Rising. He should've never let DJ Premier stop producing for him. The problem i have with rap music now is the same problem i have with r&b music. There are so many r&b singers right now that are so boring and wack. Nobody in r&b is making funk party music anymore. I miss the old r&b artists like Parliament/Funkadelic, The Gap Band, Zapp and Roger Troutman, The Deele(Babyface was with this group), Ready For The World, Lakeside, Midnight Star, Dazz Band, Slave, Raydio(Ray Parker Jr was with this group), The Jacksons, Cameo, Earth Wind And Fire, The Time, Rick James, Con Funk Shun, New Edition, Bell Biv Devoe, Bobby Brown, Guy, Tony Toni Tone, Luther Vandross, Kool And The Gang. All of these artists i named shit on these new r&b singers boring ass music.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #45
Tommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
LOL@Tommy saying Be is better than Resurrection hahahahahahahahaha. Get the fuck outta here with your wack opinion. Common hasn't put out anything hardcore after Resurrection. So like i said, fuck his soft ass albums LOL. Can I Borrow A Dollar and Resurrection is all i need to listen to from him. LOL@Claaa7 saying Jeru The Damaja's Heroz4Hire album is wack hahahahahahahahahaha. Yes it is and so is Still Rising. He should've never let DJ Premier stop producing for him. The problem i have with rap music now is the same problem i have with r&b music. There are so many r&b singers right now that are so boring and wack. Nobody in r&b is making funk party music anymore. I miss the old r&b artists like Parliament/Funkadelic, The Gap Band, Zapp and Roger Troutman, The Deele(Babyface was with this group), Ready For The World, Lakeside, Midnight Star, Dazz Band, Slave, Raydio(Ray Parker Jr was with this group), The Jacksons, Cameo, Earth Wind And Fire, The Time, Rick James, Con Funk Shun, New Edition, Bell Biv Devoe, Bobby Brown, Guy, Tony Toni Tone, Luther Vandross, Kool And The Gang. All of these artists i named shit on these new r&b singers boring ass music.
Before you put the razor blade to your wrists, this is the hip hop forum, not the R&B forum. You call Common soft yet you want music like The Jackson's, Bobby Brown, Toni Tony Tone and Luther Vandross?????? Oh, and Common rapped about the same stuff on Be as he did on Resurrection so I really can't see your problem. Fool.