news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: Rate Album
Classic 3 4.35%
Superior 8 11.59%
Banga 17 24.64%
Good 25 36.23%
Average 8 11.59%
Weak 4 5.80%
Wack 4 5.80%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Ghostface Killah: Ghostdini Wizard Of Poetry

01 Not Your Average Girl [ft. Shareefa]
02 Do Over [ft. Raheem "Radio" DeVaughn]
03 Baby [ft. Raheem "Radio" DeVaughn]
04 Lonely [ft. Jack Knight]
05 Stapleton Sex
06 Stay
07 Paragraphs of Love [ft. Vaughn Anthony and Estelle]
08 Guest House [ft. Fabolous and Shareefa]
09 Let's Stop Playin' [ft. John Legend]
10 Forever
11 I'll Be That [ft. Adrienne Bailon]
12 Goner [ft. Lloyd]
13 She's A Killah [ft. Ron Browz] *
14 Back Like That [ft. Ne-Yo and Kanye West] *

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man

Last edited by TAURO; 09-21-2009 at 01:50 PM.
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
Undiluted Karma
Savant

Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Cheers. I think Back Like That is a remix, or a second remix rather of the song
Undiluted Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:24 PM   #3
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

How much you think this will see in the first week?
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
Dr Sleepwalker
Sleepyheaded Nonsense

Dr Sleepwalker iron monkeyDr Sleepwalker iron monkeyDr Sleepwalker iron monkeyDr Sleepwalker iron monkey

I thought I was defintely not gunna feel this..

But it suprised me after the first listen, the songs are very well put together.
It's nothing amazing or anything, but it's a good listen, I'm enjoying it after it's first spin.
I'll vote after I give it a couple more listens.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #5
Huggasaurus Sex
2000 B.C.

Huggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of fury

reserved.

more akbar
Huggasaurus Sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:11 PM   #6
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this is ghostface killah for your lady friend hahaha shit is dope so far i'll drop a review soon

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:23 PM   #7
WallyG
CHICKEN HEAD

WallyG grasshopper

I fear 'Hardcore Wu Groupie' fans not gonna like this album because its "too rnb for my liking", but Ghosts raps is so on point. Different album with a more rnb/soul feel to it, but this is the type of album you can bang wit ur wifey, haha! Big Ghostface doin' it! Give this another spin n write a review for it.
WallyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:23 AM   #8
Fright
ADEPT

Fright crouching tigerFright crouching tiger

this album is pretty good after few listens
Old 09-23-2009, 07:24 AM   #9
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

on first listen (although i've heard more than half the songs a couple times before) i say that it's another solid release from Ghostface but it could obviously been better. Tony is on point as far as the lyrics and storytelling goes and although the one and only theme is the focus on love and the opposite sex he manages to flip and bend the subject in lots of interesting ways. "Stapelton Sex" is some nasty ish but i gotta admit that i love that one; "this is hardcore, this ain't no R&B dick, that's reserved for tuesdays" or some shit like that ahahah.

"Guest House" is off the wall, if the word instant classic ever was to be used this had to be it lol. Storytelling on here is just impeccable, production suits very well and even Fabolous adds to the overall brilliance that this joint is. The back-to-back songs "Do Over" (feeling the second verse on his way to Rikers Island so much i had to make a thread about it) and "Baby" (nice work from Rashad Smith on the catchy but sweet beat, long time since i've heard anything from this guy, and even the auto-tune sounds in place) is other highlights and so is the soulful high pitched vocal sampling "Stay" and the greatness that is "Forever".

with that being said the album also has it's share of missteps, a few tracks sounds like your average whatever-whatever R&B tune playing on the radio anytime a day and doesn't add anything for me. the bonus tracks packed at the end is pathetic too and should rather have been left off the album if you ask me, "She's A Killa" is so wack that it's hurtful to hear Ghost jump on the track (which screams 'i'll do anything for money') and to include "Back Like That" for the THIRD time on one of his major albums is totally absurd. A much more fitting way to close the album would rather be "I Wish You Were Here" from 'Chamber Music', preferably with an extra verse from Starks. The tracklist i put in my mp3-player features the first 12 songs in the same order and as track 13 (also the last) i put in "Cruisin" which i'm pretty sure was meant for the album but couldn't get cleared.

all in all i think, based on my only time listening to it and the times i've played the handful joints from it, i'd say that it's a good album and Ghost actually pulled it off - usually his album features mostly street shit with a few R&B/Soul joints stuck in but with this and 'Big Doe Rehab' he made one separate album each for the street shit and the R&B jams which is cool. a little too early to rate anything but i'll probably end up giving it between 3 and 3.5 which equals to a good album.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:02 AM   #10
J-Cee
SmokeY

J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Production is really solid with all the diff sounds/instruments..on point with his lyrics...enjoyable listen
J-Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:31 AM   #11
Wontonloogie
Texas T-Bag

Wontonloogie crouching tiger

I thought i was going to hate this after hearing that ron brownz song, but ghost really pulled through. I shouldnt be so surprised seeing this is a ghostface joint. The production is pretty amazing, im really feeling that scram jones joint and "guest house"
Old 09-24-2009, 01:40 AM   #12
Sinistarr
Sinistarr Studios

Sinistarr shaolin monk

i still think Ghost should have got Meth on a joint
Sinistarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:17 AM   #13
Drunken Monk
The ABBOTT

Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

gfk is the leader of wu actually
Drunken Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:14 PM   #14
kaydigi
SLIMEY SAVAGE

kaydigi grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
on first listen (although i've heard more than half the songs a couple times before) i say that it's another solid release from Ghostface but it could obviously been better. Tony is on point as far as the lyrics and storytelling goes and although the one and only theme is the focus on love and the opposite sex he manages to flip and bend the subject in lots of interesting ways. "Stapelton Sex" is some nasty ish but i gotta admit that i love that one; "this is hardcore, this ain't no R&B dick, that's reserved for tuesdays" or some shit like that ahahah.
Thursdays. Video Music Box in NYC had RnB Thurdays where they would not play any rap tracks.
kaydigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:15 PM   #15
444trumpets
CHECKMATE

444trumpets shaolin monk

damn this album is sick