Killah Priest - New Album out now!
home
news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
TSA
www.majeofficial.com
 
TSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 26
Posts: 33,822
Rep Power: 114
TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Favorite war/battle

my top 5

1. WWII
2. Neapolionic Wars
3. Crimean War
4. 100 years war
5. Battle of Adwa
__________________
TSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
SID
I see you dawg
 
SID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Planning some trill shit
Posts: 7,078
Rep Power: 25
SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms
Default

__________________
Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water
SID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile
 
Olive Oil Goombah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Big Plum
Posts: 21,819
Rep Power: 50
Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa
Default

World War I

battle....hmm...Either the Somme or the Third Battle of Ypres, Passchendaele
__________________
Look eye, always look eye.
Olive Oil Goombah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
Steve Urkel
ADEPT
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Rep Power: 0
Steve Urkel drunken mastaSteve Urkel drunken mastaSteve Urkel drunken masta
Default

The British-American war of 1812.
Steve Urkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:20 PM   #5
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9
 
Prince Rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Section 9 HQ in London
Age: 27
Posts: 3,958
Rep Power: 0
Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa
Default

ww2...

incredible how "recent"ish that was.
__________________


Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:48 PM   #6
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile
 
Olive Oil Goombah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Big Plum
Posts: 21,819
Rep Power: 50
Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa
Default

world war 2 did have it all....

I mean you got the classic good vs evil, then you got 3 distinct and different forms of govt., the greatest and most evil leaders, great generals on all sides. Throw in the SS and the Holocaust, the A-Bomb, great naval, land and air battles.

I mean Roosevelt, Churchill, Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Tojo, Hirohito, Patton, Eisenhower, Montgomery, Rommel, MacArthur, Zhubov, Guderian, Himmler, Heydrich, Goering, Goebbels, Marshall, Conningham, Bradley.
D-Day, Iwo Jima, Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Leningrad, Battle of the Bulge, Kasserine Pass, Midway, Philipines, Operation Barbarossa.

seriously, this war had everything, and it was my favorite, but World WAR 1 takes the cake now because trench warfare was so fucking raw.

its like, i just read TSA's post where he said certain music was too polished. Sometimes WW2 is too polished.
No radio, primitive minimal usage of tanks and airplanes....just straight barbed wire, trenches, mud and machine guns.
Primitive medical treatments and plastic surgery....gas attacks.
Basically fighting over nothing.

Verdun, the Somme, Ypres,

I visited a whole bunch of WWI sites while in europe. I really should post some pictures.

It was were Hitler, Patton, Mussolini and co. got their start. It was the war that spurned world war 2, and created the Lost Generation.
The music and poetry that came out of it was unmatched, a war fought by the upperclass, especially within Britain.

The first 'modern' war, SHELL SHOCK.

If your into wars and you love WW2, im tellin you, learn your WW1 history.
__________________
Look eye, always look eye.
Olive Oil Goombah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:01 PM   #7
check two
N.I.
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 31,532
Rep Power: 130
check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

World War III.
__________________



check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:18 PM   #8
Senator C. Palantine
Wobbling Totem Poles
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,035
Rep Power: 0
Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

Vietnam, just for the music.
__________________
Senator C. Palantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #9
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9
 
Prince Rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Section 9 HQ in London
Age: 27
Posts: 3,958
Rep Power: 0
Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
world war 2 did have it all....

I mean you got the classic good vs evil, then you got 3 distinct and different forms of govt., the greatest and most evil leaders, great generals on all sides. Throw in the SS and the Holocaust, the A-Bomb, great naval, land and air battles.

I mean Roosevelt, Churchill, Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Tojo, Hirohito, Patton, Eisenhower, Montgomery, Rommel, MacArthur, Zhubov, Guderian, Himmler, Heydrich, Goering, Goebbels, Marshall, Conningham, Bradley.
D-Day, Iwo Jima, Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Leningrad, Battle of the Bulge, Kasserine Pass, Midway, Philipines, Operation Barbarossa.

seriously, this war had everything, and it was my favorite, but World WAR 1 takes the cake now because trench warfare was so fucking raw.

its like, i just read TSA's post where he said certain music was too polished. Sometimes WW2 is too polished.
No radio, primitive minimal usage of tanks and airplanes....just straight barbed wire, trenches, mud and machine guns.
Primitive medical treatments and plastic surgery....gas attacks.
Basically fighting over nothing.

Verdun, the Somme, Ypres,

I visited a whole bunch of WWI sites while in europe. I really should post some pictures.

It was were Hitler, Patton, Mussolini and co. got their start. It was the war that spurned world war 2, and created the Lost Generation.
The music and poetry that came out of it was unmatched, a war fought by the upperclass, especially within Britain.

The first 'modern' war, SHELL SHOCK.

If your into wars and you love WW2, im tellin you, learn your WW1 history.
funny thing when you learn more about the intricate details of ww1 and how ww2 started..... you seem to perhaps consider that ww2 wasn't really a second world war, but a continuation of the first. (treaty of versailles)
__________________


Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:36 PM   #10
TheBoarzHeadBoy
כהן גדול
 
TheBoarzHeadBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 3,682
Rep Power: 0
TheBoarzHeadBoy drunken mastaTheBoarzHeadBoy drunken masta
Default

I've always been a fan of wars that pit societies at different levels of advancement against one another.

For example the battle of Nagashino is a classic example of the power of guns against the more traditional cavalry charge of knights as is the battle of Golden Spurs for pikes.

My favorite example being the Anglo-Zulu Wars especially Islanslwana and the following miracle at Rorke's Drift. A stunning loss and victory for the history books.
__________________
HANKERING FOR SOME BEEF CURTAINS
TheBoarzHeadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:07 PM   #11
TSA
www.majeofficial.com
 
TSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 26
Posts: 33,822
Rep Power: 114
TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

I agree with touch only i really hate WWI.

it was just wack and stupid and nothing inspirational. If you looking for RAW shitty war then Crimea is the shit.

around the time its when nationalism was peaking and warfare modernizing, and not like WWI modernizing, like the first week of modern warfare modernizing and it was the first time in europe that the combatants realized you can no longer fight war at the whims of ego and heroism, that it was a costly and ultimately fatal route.

I like it for the reasons touch says he likes WWI only it was even grimier and im a fan of winter wars. maybe because of winter warz.


i also like how its a hidden gem in the european war archive the many don't remember or know about but it went hard.


I've come to realize that WWII and WWI as well as the crimea and almost all the wars in europe prior have in the end been battles to inherit the 'throne' of europe that rome once had. Its obvious the western society is built almost entirely on a fixation with the rome that once colonized them, WWII put an end to it all cause it knocked everyone out of the running except Russia and the US which i see as symbolic of Byzantine where Russia gets its cultural influence and Rome where the Us gets its influence and the split between them.



but even back to Napoleon further back to Charlemenge(sp?) its really been a battle to be the next Roman Empire.
__________________
TSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #12
TSA
www.majeofficial.com
 
TSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 26
Posts: 33,822
Rep Power: 114
TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoarzHeadBoy View Post
I've always been a fan of wars that pit societies at different levels of advancement against one another.

For example the battle of Nagashino is a classic example of the power of guns against the more traditional cavalry charge of knights as is the battle of Golden Spurs for pikes.

My favorite example being the Anglo-Zulu Wars especially Islanslwana and the following miracle at Rorke's Drift. A stunning loss and victory for the history books.
the anglo zulu war is amazing.
i would rank the Zulus for their level of development as the greatest warriors of all time. feel free to argue.


they moved so fast, on foot, the the british army counted each individual as cavalry and the heroics behind the story of their last stand is ill.

had they not been isolated from the mediterranian and thus access to the times technology i believe the zulu would have built and empire to rival the roman one.
__________________
TSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #13
JerseyIronman
.
 
JerseyIronman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Jeruz
Age: 28
Posts: 2,744
Rep Power: 13
JerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal son
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
but even back to Napoleon further back to Charlemenge(sp?) its really been a battle to be the next Roman Empire.
The funny thing about the Holy Roman Empire was neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire

Sorry i just read that quote the other day and wanted to write somewhere before i forgot.


I think WWI was pretty bad ass with the trench warfare and the beginning of aviation in combat and the intruduction of the machine gun. Completely fucked up wakeup call about where warfare was going.

WWII will always be the most epic though.

Also what about the Phoenician wars?? Hannibal bringing ELEPHANTS over the alps and shit!
__________________




Last edited by JerseyIronman; 10-07-2009 at 09:30 PM.
JerseyIronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:30 PM   #14
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile
 
Olive Oil Goombah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Big Plum
Posts: 21,819
Rep Power: 50
Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Rai View Post
funny thing when you learn more about the intricate details of ww1 and how ww2 started..... you seem to perhaps consider that ww2 wasn't really a second world war, but a continuation of the first. (treaty of versailles)


Absolutely. you could almost call it the 30 year war, or if you really want to get technical, the 60 year war, as its seeds were really planted during the Franco Prussian War, when Germany threw off the balance of power in Europe and smacked France in the face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
I agree with touch only i really hate WWI.

it was just wack and stupid and nothing inspirational.

I like it for the reasons touch says he likes WWI only it was even grimier and im a fan of winter wars. maybe because of winter warz.
.

THe thing is, there was inspiration...and you have to factor in the mindset of the time. A unified, strong German state scared the shit out of France.

And really, the thing about World War 1 is that none of these places really knew what they were getting into, and all of its participants kept it hush hush about the horrors.

The young were being led into a modern war by the old who still had romanticized Napoleonic versions of cavalry charges and hand to hand combat.

The literature is amazing. DARYL, i thought the same thing until i learned about it. Because the US didnt play a big role, it kind of gets boring.

Rent the movie The Trench and check out Regeneration, All Quiet on the Western Front.




Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
I've come to realize that WWII and WWI as well as the crimea and almost all the wars in europe prior have in the end been battles to inherit the 'throne' of europe that rome once had. Its obvious the western society is built almost entirely on a fixation with the rome that once colonized them, WWII put an end to it all cause it knocked everyone out of the running except Russia and the US which i see as symbolic of Byzantine where Russia gets its cultural influence and Rome where the Us gets its influence and the split between them.



but even back to Napoleon further back to Charlemenge(sp?) its really been a battle to be the next Roman Empire.
This is 100% true...Study the early middle ages to see its inception....I think Caesar, maybe not him, but i cant remember, but anyway, he wrote about the Gallic peoples...those living in modern day france at the time....its interesting to get his perspective on the tribes of northern europe.

But yes, in order to understand alot of what went on in Europe during the two world wars, you can trace it right back to that.

I believe when Charlemagne died he split his kindgdom amongst his three sons. I forget their names, its been awhile since that class. But these were the beginnings of the formations of what would become the states.

Then, over timee Europe becomes more and more fragmented. Even today, you still have groups fighting for autonomy and statehood
__________________
Look eye, always look eye.
Olive Oil Goombah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:59 PM   #15
TSA
www.majeofficial.com
 
TSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 26
Posts: 33,822
Rep Power: 114
TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

nobody wanted a strong germany. France didn't cause they're get ethered (and did) Britain didn't cause at germans maximum extent it will inevitably be stronger larger and more powerful then england and the russians didn't cause in order for germany to reach god status they would have to exercise significant dominion over eastern europe which would be default end russias god body.



Crimea was dope imo cause it was the real end of the ottoman empire and beginning of the scramble to fill the void. Russia needed it cause the ottomans were the only thing keeping russia from the world due to location, the germans needed it cause they needed to control eastern europe to be powerful, the british didn't want the germans to gain power or did the french out of fear.





also NICKY TOOUCH what did ceasar say about the gauls? i've read some stuff and didn't know if you heard anything different

i heard that the gauls were the least trust worthy people on earth and that the huns would warm meat with the heat of their thighs, the celts were constantly fragmented and fighting endlessly though really brave, and they all worshipped 'hermes' which was their interpretation of Thor due to the horned helmet.
__________________
TSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Copyright 2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one