news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 10-08-2009, 02:09 AM   #1
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Nas on CNN

sorry if this has been posted before....

SL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:22 AM   #2
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yes, I've seen this on CNN.

He doesn't think his lyrics influences violence. I don't know.

What do y'all think?

diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:18 AM   #3
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lol every time the news has nas on they gotta play shoot em up first ahahahahaha
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:48 AM   #4
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

haha, yeah, every TV interview i've seen of his, they've played that throughout it.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:27 AM   #5
SKAMPOE
big wooly mammoth

SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)
Send a message via Skype™ to SKAMPOE

nas is another one who got picked up by the powers that be ''Illuminati''...

nowadays, hiphop is a tool being used by the powers that be to keep these young niggaz dumb,entertained, and dressing like homos.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:03 PM   #6
LONDON!
PRODIGAL SUN

LONDON! crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL33 View Post

sorry if this has been posted before....
nas represented nicely, especially after they tried to set him up wit that beginning

don't these squares know that human beings that are living real lives in poverty stricken enviromenyts ain't trying to listen to a backpacker preach or the pope or sumthin, you see what i'm saying, you get me, real road niggas are listening to human beings that have live the same life as them, big up nas for trying to reach he human being younga's on some positive shit

rip to derrion
LONDON! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:04 PM   #7
DUMBO
Veteran Member

DUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKAM-POPE View Post
nas is another one who got picked up by the powers that be ''Illuminati''...

nowadays, hiphop is a tool being used by the powers that be to keep these young niggaz dumb,entertained, and dressing like homos.
how do we know that you are not illuminati? you seem to know a lot about their inner workings, membership, charity and promotional events etc.

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"
DUMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:07 PM   #8
SKAMPOE
big wooly mammoth

SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

i just do the knowledge on every thing that threatens ma truth n square
Old 10-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #9
LONDON!
PRODIGAL SUN

LONDON! crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMJ View Post
Yes, I've seen this on CNN.

He doesn't think his lyrics influences violence. I don't know.

What do y'all think?
come on fam, you and i know nas's lyrics don't influence violence, just like any other rapper,

violence pops off in the hood because of availabilty of guns and shanks, social, economic reasons, institutional racism, poverty, fucked up inner city schools, dead end jobs in the hood, stuff like that

if rap didn't exist, there would still be human beings getting merked, you see what i'm saing dawg

its only a problem when its fake frontman pussy mc's/rappers or whatever chatting pure shit on the mic about street shit they don't know nuthin about, selling poison to the youth, because entertainment ain't responsble for the violence going on, but theirs always one yute that listens to it and thinks "yeah thats the way to live", thats when its a problem, these fake mudda fuckers in the game, but if you really lived that shit, seen that shit, rep that shit to a certain extent, then it ain't poison, your just doing you, getting money positively, beating the system legally, because the system dosen't want human beings of colour stackin p's on a big boy level, full stop, true stories

i mean, me personally now, watching scarface the movie had more influenced on me than any rap or any music or whatever, on a visual level, music is just sumthin to listen to, relate to, or to check for the bars, punchlines, similes, metaphors, like on some, "did you just hear that bar, that bar was sick, they can spit" like that and i'm not blaming or hating on movies either, i'm just saying, the mainstream media never talks on or hates on movies, when there more visual, but obviously they ain't responsible for whats going on wit the violence bizness either

someone that shoots or shanks someone on roads that listens to nas for example, would have probably done that without listening to nas or whoever, you have to be a gully type of brare(guy) to pull that trigger, put that shank in someone, it would have popped off either way, because of he social, economical, problems i talked on before, you get my point, you get me, thats the way i see it
LONDON! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #10
5hundred&one
Groovallegiance

5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

in the 70's when funk was the music in the hood, there was still violence. the music then was more peaceful and focused more on good times than on bad times, but crime was still up. they tore down the pruitt igoe projects in philly for the same reason they're doing it today. the living conditions were horrible because nobody wanted to maintain the projects for the simple fact that they were a dangerous place to be. this was all before rap music was popular and way before it started 'glorifying' violence.

plus, in the late 80's/early 90's, the rap music that was gettin love in the hood was tame compared to the shit now, but crime is lower now than it was then.

music's got very little to do with it, if anything at all.
concentrate a lot of poor people together in a small area and shit's going to happen regardless. it comes from living in an environment where you're hungry, poor, desperate and you look at people around you and they ain't got nearly the amount of problems as you, but it's way easier for them to get ahead in life. it makes people irrational.

the music isn't to blame, it's only a reflection of the life people are born into before they even know what music is.
5hundred&one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:52 PM   #11
5hundred&one
Groovallegiance

5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

nas lost, btw.
5hundred&one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:55 PM   #12
SKAMPOE
big wooly mammoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 501 Gold View Post
in the 70's when funk was the music in the hood, there was still violence. the music then was more peaceful and focused more on good times than on bad times, but crime was still up. they tore down the pruitt igoe projects in philly for the same reason they're doing it today. the living conditions were horrible because nobody wanted to maintain the projects for the simple fact that they were a dangerous place to be. this was all before rap music was popular and way before it started 'glorifying' violence.

plus, in the late 80's/early 90's, the rap music that was gettin love in the hood was tame compared to the shit now, but crime is lower now than it was then.

music's got very little to do with it, if anything at all.
concentrate a lot of poor people together in a small area and shit's going to happen regardless. it comes from living in an environment where you're hungry, poor, desperate and you look at people around you and they ain't got nearly the amount of problems as you, but it's way easier for them to get ahead in life. it makes people irrational.

the music isn't to blame, it's only a reflection of the life people are born into before they even know what music is.
co sign and fucking repped..good shit^
Old 10-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #13
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta

i swear some people would be shocked to find out that violence in the projects was nothing different before hip hop was born.

hip hop mainly influences kids from the streets, who already know the streets so nothing has really changed, only now there's music to relate to.
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #14
SKAMPOE
big wooly mammoth

yup^

but also hollywood brain washes kids and people into a discontent state of mind, and that breeds jeolosy n envy.
Next to Christianity, advertising is the greatest force in the world. And I say that without sacrilege or disrespect. Advertising makes people discontented It makes them want things they don't have. Without discontent, there is no progress, no achievement. yadig
Old 10-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #15
IrOnMaN
I understand

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^Pretty much.

It's all entertainment. I've listened to BTNH and Wu-Tang Clan since 1999 and not once have I smoked week, sell drugs, drink, wore jordans, or shot anybody. I also have a lot of mob movies at home.

It's all for entertainment purposes only.
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote