news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Misc > Scriptures Forum > Books

Old 09-18-2007, 05:05 PM   #1
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Lightbulb What is your favorite piece of literature?

It can be a book from ancient history or a recent magazine you love to read.... what piece of literature do you value most?

my favorite is definitely The Autobiography of Malcolm X.. it was a joint venture with Alex Haley but its purely Malcolms thoughts, translated through Haley....it's a great book, required reading for any American citizen or ANY wutang fan.....voice off niggaz
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
T-Mac
The Son of Grace

T-Mac grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakonitgod View Post
It can be a book from ancient history or a recent magazine you love to read.... what piece of literature do you value most?

my favorite is definitely The Autobiography of Malcolm X.. it was a joint venture with Alex Haley but its purely Malcolms thoughts, translated through Haley....it's a great book, required reading for any American citizen or ANY wutang fan.....voice off niggaz
That's one of my favorite books! Have you read Revolutionary Suicide, by Huey P. Newton? One of my favorites, and a must read for any citizen.
T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:40 PM   #3
Z-0
Disconnected Indifference

Z-0 grasshopper

I have two:

The Sickness Unto Death - Soren Kierkegaard
Either/Or - Soren Kierkegaard

But I haven't picked up a book in a while. Probably time to do so again.
Z-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:27 AM   #4
Asasasin
The One Armed Boxer

Asasasin grasshopper

i liked a catcher in the rye but ive read very little books
It goes through your bloodstream..."
-Jamel aka Assassin-The Future(Skit)(No Said Date)
Asasasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:24 AM   #5
Tyler Durden
You are not your job

Tyler Durden drunken mastaTyler Durden drunken mastaTyler Durden drunken masta

I mainly read autobiographies & biographies.
If it’s not a biography then its probably a book that was made into a film.
I've got the books to my three favorite films
I’ve got 'American Psycho', 'Fight Club' and 'Stand by Me' (The Body)
The books tend to delve a lot deeper, (or just get sicker in the case of American Psycho)
But I read all of these after I'd seen the films.
The only one I read before I'd seen the film was 'Davinci Code'

Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #6
Asasasin
The One Armed Boxer

Asasasin grasshopper

1984 is a good book
It goes through your bloodstream..."
-Jamel aka Assassin-The Future(Skit)(No Said Date)
Asasasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:52 AM   #7
Guarded By Martyrs
AllTheWorldWillBeYourNME

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah really want to get that book^
I've heard a lot of heads represent for that book
And it's also the year I was born !!!!

I like the speech "The Architect" does from Matrix Revolutions...Does that count ?

I need to pick up a book soon for real...
It's finding the time.

Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:49 PM   #8
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

The autobiography of Malcolm X was a totally engrossing book. Changed my view of the man.
I've read so many great books, I can't really pick a favorite tho. There is really nothing more satisfying than reading a good book. How it captivates your imagination and you create your own imagery...
Old 03-31-2008, 07:43 PM   #9
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

From Re reading On the Road recently...

i think its my favoiurite piece of writing.

Last edited by Longbongcilvaringz; 11-26-2012 at 04:03 AM.
Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:29 PM   #10
Maccabee Ridah
penalty boxed user

Maccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkey

Currently, the best piece I've ever read is When The Sun Was God by Zenon Kosidowski!!! I'm intending to read The Art of War by Sun Tzu next!!

P.E.A.C.E.
Maccabee Ridah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:01 AM   #11
Ritter
'Section 9'

Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asasasin View Post
1984 is a good book
This.
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:52 PM   #12
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
The autobiography of Malcolm X was a totally engrossing book. Changed my view of the man.
I've read so many great books, I can't really pick a favorite tho. There is really nothing more satisfying than reading a good book. How it captivates your imagination and you create your own imagery...
yeah this is a very dope book as well as well The Color Purple by Alicia Walker and Howl by Allen Ginsberg

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:15 PM   #13
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Dante - The Divine Comedy

and

Ovid - Metamorphoses
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:35 PM   #14
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the best book i have read recently was simply called NAM and i cant remember the writer.

but overall its gotta be between Art of War by Sun Tzu or Paradise Lost by John Milton but i enjoy reading some Shakespeare if i got time

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:37 PM   #15
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^shit i forgot paradise lost. that's the third one
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote