news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 06-16-2008, 05:07 AM   #1
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Heaven And Hell - Places to Go When you Die

if you are bad you go to hell

if you are good you go to heaven

why do people believe this, and where did they get this belief from ?

Last edited by LORD NOSE; 06-16-2008 at 01:41 PM.
LORD NOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #2
Trismegistos

Trismegistos shaolin monk

I think that many have the belief that the soul is eternal and hence people that were good would go to a place that was good and vice versa.

Personally I think that to some degree that Heaven and Hell are internal and within.
Trismegistos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:34 AM   #3
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post

what do you believe happens to one who dies?
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:

It came with slow evolution from the presumption that righteous must be rewarded and wicked punished.

Now, because on the Earth it doesn't always come true, there must be another world where the justice would be upheld, right? (That's also the origin of Judgment Day theory).
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #5
Mic Tyson
Heisman

Mic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venoms

i thought white people in the church came up with the fire and brimstone bullshit a ong time ago to scare people into being christians? i know they do now

but shit, some people in hell right now, and some people in heaven too
Old 06-16-2008, 10:39 AM   #6
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

Heaven and Hell is a state of mind while alive or dead.

I just watched a good documentary on this on the weekend.

The Tibetan Book of the Dead - A Way of Life - narrated by Leonard Cohen.

Excellent.

V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:42 PM   #7
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
, and where did they get this belief from ?

everyone skipped over this part
Old 06-16-2008, 01:48 PM   #8
BTTR KNG KOOL
Veteran Member

BTTR KNG KOOL drunken mastaBTTR KNG KOOL drunken mastaBTTR KNG KOOL drunken masta

Roman-catholics prolly...
BTTR KNG KOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:52 PM   #9
BTTR KNG KOOL
Veteran Member

BTTR KNG KOOL drunken mastaBTTR KNG KOOL drunken mastaBTTR KNG KOOL drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic Tyson View Post
i thought white people in the church came up with the fire and brimstone bullshit a ong time ago to scare people into being christians? i know they do now

but shit, some people in hell right now, and some people in heaven too

yeah u can say that

a lot of people made Hybrid versions of what they already knew + bible.

its not like only white folk combined "paganism" and bible stuff...
BTTR KNG KOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:44 PM   #10
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son

It's simple.

When put in the context of Heaven and Hell, reward and punishment, people always find ways to disagree with it, dodge it and cease to believe in it.

When put in terms of, "What goes around comes around", then, mystically, magically, everyone can come to common ground as far as there being truth to it.

It's all the same thing.

We KNOW that these places are real, because this Truth is within our very souls. Now, the fact of the matter is, most of us choose to ignore this Truth, forget it's impact on our lives and follow our own selfish, and most of the time shameful desires. The more you ignore the Truth, the easier it will become for one to believe that it does not exist, because the Truth will distance itself from that person as well.

It's clear that mankind not only got this from the self-incriminating soul, but also the various Holy Scriptures that have been revealed through the ages. Also, while a lot of you moan, bitch and complain about who wrote what and for what reason, the fact of the matter is, the Truth is right in front of you and the ONLY reason you debate with it, is because it goes against your own selfish whims and desires. Most of us can talk truth all day long, but when it comes to applying these rules to our lives, we see them as a hindrance rather than a helping hand. And as far as who wrote what, ask yourself that same question the next time you're reading the newspaper, or you bring forth a "statistic", or the results of a survey.

There's more truth in a fuckin' comic book than there is in most of the articles and interviews that we waste more of our lives on.

As I was saying, it's all the same thing. Cause and Effect.
You can't throw a ball of shit at someone and expect them to throw a sugar cane back. The Law doesn't work that way and it never will.

Honestly, I think the people that DON'T believe in this Truth and argue day and night as to the lack of "proof" to back up it's existence, are in truth very much believers therein. I say this, because if the resolve behind what they are saying was as strong as the tone that they used when stating their opinion, they'd just find out who was right and commit suicide.

What would stop them? I mean, since it's all bullshit, man-made and "Tales of The Ancients", then what would stop a non-believer from actually gathering their evidence? Fear? Fear of what? Fear of that which you yourself said didn't exist?? Am I the only one seeing the contradiction in this??

Now, I'm sure someone whom this description fits would put forth a multitude of bullshit excuses to defend themselves, but the fact remains that it would still be bullshit. In ANY arguement, both parties want to win, and would of course have to make more sense than the other party to do so.

The logicality in standing on the belief that these places don't exist is just a mirage.

Everything you do, good or bad, will return to you. Wether it's on this side of life, or the next. Personally, I couldn't care less who believes it or not, because the Truth, unlike most so-called men, doesn't need a cheering section to come to fruition.

Last edited by Urban_Journalz; 06-16-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Urban_Journalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:50 AM   #11
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
everyone skipped over this part
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
It came with slow evolution from the presumption that righteous must be rewarded and wicked punished.
Okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic Tyson View Post
Fire and brimstone probably yeah, but the idea of hell is much older.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Old 06-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #12
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Whooops, my bad, forget my last post.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Norway
Old 06-18-2008, 05:10 PM   #13
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post
It's simple.

When put in the context of Heaven and Hell, reward and punishment, people always find ways to disagree with it, dodge it and cease to believe in it.

When put in terms of, "What goes around comes around", then, mystically, magically, everyone can come to common ground as far as there being truth to it.

It's all the same thing.

We KNOW that these places are real, because this Truth is within our very souls. Now, the fact of the matter is, most of us choose to ignore this Truth, forget it's impact on our lives and follow our own selfish, and most of the time shameful desires. The more you ignore the Truth, the easier it will become for one to believe that it does not exist, because the Truth will distance itself from that person as well.

It's clear that mankind not only got this from the self-incriminating soul, but also the various Holy Scriptures that have been revealed through the ages. Also, while a lot of you moan, bitch and complain about who wrote what and for what reason, the fact of the matter is, the Truth is right in front of you and the ONLY reason you debate with it, is because it goes against your own selfish whims and desires. Most of us can talk truth all day long, but when it comes to applying these rules to our lives, we see them as a hindrance rather than a helping hand. And as far as who wrote what, ask yourself that same question the next time you're reading the newspaper, or you bring forth a "statistic", or the results of a survey.

There's more truth in a fuckin' comic book than there is in most of the articles and interviews that we waste more of our lives on.

As I was saying, it's all the same thing. Cause and Effect.
You can't throw a ball of shit at someone and expect them to throw a sugar cane back. The Law doesn't work that way and it never will.

Honestly, I think the people that DON'T believe in this Truth and argue day and night as to the lack of "proof" to back up it's existence, are in truth very much believers therein. I say this, because if the resolve behind what they are saying was as strong as the tone that they used when stating their opinion, they'd just find out who was right and commit suicide.

What would stop them? I mean, since it's all bullshit, man-made and "Tales of The Ancients", then what would stop a non-believer from actually gathering their evidence? Fear? Fear of what? Fear of that which you yourself said didn't exist?? Am I the only one seeing the contradiction in this??

Now, I'm sure someone whom this description fits would put forth a multitude of bullshit excuses to defend themselves, but the fact remains that it would still be bullshit. In ANY arguement, both parties want to win, and would of course have to make more sense than the other party to do so.

The logicality in standing on the belief that these places don't exist is just a mirage.

Everything you do, good or bad, will return to you. Wether it's on this side of life, or the next. Personally, I couldn't care less who believes it or not, because the Truth, unlike most so-called men, doesn't need a cheering section to come to fruition.

so basically you are saying that when people die, they either go to heaven or hell - depending on if they were good or bad - and you know for a fact that these places exist - and that those of us who don't believe in these places are ............fools ?
Old 06-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #14
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

The Tibetan Book Of The Dead

Something soothing about this - in that it deals with the mind's journey during death.
Still cannot grasp the mind/soul connection. But it's still not concrete evidence or anything. Nothing can be for this level of life/dimension/plane (life after death).

I know some here can expand on this knowledge.

Last edited by V4D3R; 06-18-2008 at 06:18 PM.
V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #15
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son

Quote:
so basically you are saying that when people die, they either go to heaven or hell - depending on if they were good or bad - and you know for a fact that these places exist - and that those of us who don't believe in these places are ............fools ?
Yes.

I know these places exist for a fact, because I choose to listen to my soul, instead of an often ill-influenced and sometimes over-rationalizing brain, that came along way after my soul did.

Most people will go to one place or the other, but there will be those who have an equal balance of good and evil deeds. These people will be at a place called "The Heights", which is the border between Heaven and Hell and they will have to await Allah's decision, wether to let them serve time in Hell, or forgive them and allow them into Paradise.

The same way you've known when you were being lied to by a person, without having to take a picture of the lie, or tape-record it, to verify it to yourself, because the same soul, or so-called "gut instinct" that tells me the truth that I stated above, told you that truth that you experienced at that moment.

Fools? Yes, I'll go along with that. Even God Himself addresses such people, "Deaf, dumb and blind, they will never understand the truth." So, it's not a matter of me giving an opinion based on such people, it's more an observation of that person's character.

The people who built the Titanic, in their deep ignorance and stupidity, "knew" that this ship wouldn't sink. One of them said, "Not even God Himself coudl sink this mighty ship." For me, there's an air of comedy in this, because I can almost see Allah sitting there like, "Oh WORD?!"

One of the most common and disgusting, self-destructive traits that the majority of mankind has, is a faith in himself/herself, to the point that they forget their place. Again, I have to sight a verse in The Qur'an, when Allah says, "We created man from a drop of seed, yet lo! He is an open opponent!"

The bottom line though, is that it doesn't matter who believes and who doesn't, because when we're dead, then all of us will know, beyond a shadow of doubt, who spoke the truth and who spoke falsehood.

Last edited by Urban_Journalz; 06-20-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Urban_Journalz is offline   Reply With Quote