news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 06-16-2005, 04:53 PM   #1
GSTYLE
Veteran Member

GSTYLE shaolin monk
Default Cormega.......

Ok everyone always shows him a lot of love. In my opinion he is an average rapper, but he is real and puts his heart in his music which is what makes him a talented artist, but i think he is becoming way too overrated, people namin him as one of the best, no way. I aint hatin on him, i think he is good but not that good. Any other opinions? I like his style tho
when my whole life, they told me i was good for nothin... - Inspectah Deck
GSTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:00 AM   #2
Racailla
Neb-maat Ra

Racailla grasshopper
Default Re: Cormega.......

Like him best on the song with Tragedy, think it's called "they forced my hand".

http://www.myspace.com/racailla
Racailla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:11 AM   #3
Welshkillabee
WelshKillaBee

Welshkillabee grasshopper

IMO He is one of the greatest he's got exceptional talent on the mic, a great ear for beats, hes one of the realest and when his next album "Urban Legend" comes out hes gonna blow up something ridiculous! He's like pac, not the greatest MC skills but what he says is whats important with Mega.
Welshkillabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:12 AM   #4
I-Legit
Fuckin' Left

I-Legit grasshopper

Cory's fuckin sick......i bumped The Realness forever....shits strait raw..way diff from any wu-tang stuff...its good music
I-Legit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:07 AM   #5
Da Ryda
a chink in your armour...

Da Ryda crouching tigerDa Ryda crouching tiger

Pac isn't good on the mic? What you smoking fam? He can flow on tracks for days and he has naturally strong voice and I ain't ever seen him run out of breath or nothing.

As for Mega, he definitely not in the elite zone. He's like Prodigy, good music but will get smoked on the mic if he goes head to head with lyrical cats.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:31 AM   #6
Rorschach
Sean.

Rorschach shaolin monk

Cormega is in my top 10, I can't give him more of a compliment than that.

His catalogue has been excellent, and every album he has brought has been at least good, with most of his albums being near classic.

I love his voice in particular, just sounds amazing. 'Bring It Back', 'Beautiful Mind' & 62 Pick Up' are my personal favourite tracks from him. Real special.
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:49 PM   #7
Shaolin_Bees

Shaolin_Bees grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Shaolin_Bees Send a message via MSN to Shaolin_Bees

dude is nasty....he the truth....he is way more than juss average. all his albums are 4/5 or better....cant wait for urban legend

TOP 10 (SO FAR)

09. A-Team
08. Big L
07. GZA
06. Notorious BIG
05. Raekwon
04. Nas
03. Ghostface Killah
02. AZ
01. Cormega

Props to tha homeboy kid_sha36
Shaolin_Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 04:56 AM   #8
Welshkillabee
WelshKillaBee

Welshkillabee grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Ryda
Pac isn't good on the mic? What you smoking fam? He can flow on tracks for days and he has naturally strong voice and I ain't ever seen him run out of breath or nothing.

As for Mega, he definitely not in the elite zone. He's like Prodigy, good music but will get smoked on the mic if he goes head to head with lyrical cats.
Pac definateley got skills but his wordplay and flow etc cant fuck with the B.I.G's, Rakim even Jay-Z. Hes still the best hip hop artist ever cos what he was sayin was more important than how he said it, he was just real.
Welshkillabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:45 PM   #9
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

EASILY, EASILY, EASiLY ONE OF THE BEST RAPPERS QUEENS EVER BIRTHED... THATS MY WORD

TRUE STREET POET
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:53 PM   #10
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

damn, where the fuck did you dig this thread up from

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:21 AM   #11
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Ryda View Post

so i guess prodigy isnt a lyrical cat? wtf

anyways lol at this thread from like 05 yea megas one of the sickest rappers out rite now
Old 11-22-2010, 05:05 AM   #12
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I agree with the threadstarter.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:49 AM   #13
fortyglock
Veteran Member

fortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal son

I feel that lyrically Cormega is brilliant. He comes across as a genuine rapper and has evolved well over time. Born And Raised to me is an excellent album, in fact, one of the top albums of last year that sort of went under the radar.
fortyglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #14
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ i agree with you that "Born & Raised" was one of the finest releases of 2009 but at the same time i don't think it has major replay value. he got the "Illmatic" line-up going which all provides heaters and pretty much all his verses are real, well written and well spitten but having 13 producers produce a 14 track album doesn't make it cohessive and Mega's voice can get a little tiresome. that's still nitpicking tho, cuz the album has about 10 hardcore bangers.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:40 AM   #15
Mic Tyson
Heisman

Mic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venoms

sometimes his shit is just too emotional the whole album. it gets boring. sometimes i just what him to jus spit, not neccesarily tell a story. and his beats most of the time are real sad too, not ever hype. i wish he made more tracks like these

where he just spittin, not being all emotional. Maybe he do got a lot of tracks like that tho, i haven't heard all of his shit. if he does tho, let me know