news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 11-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
Shaolin Bloody Sword
Golden Child

Shaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killa
Default Name Underground classics....

Lately i have been buying a lot of CD's.... I need a list of albums that fans consider an underground classic. It doesn't have to be recognized by the industry, but the fans. Let me start: add on....

One Be Lo- S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M
Vordul Mega- Mega Graphitti
Shaolin Bloody Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:48 AM   #2
famenchuan
Wu Vatican

famenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkey

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84550
famenchuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
Shaolin Bloody Sword
Golden Child

Shaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killa

Thanks ! That link works for me
Old 11-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
Blackprint

Blackprint crouching tigerBlackprint crouching tiger

One Be Lo is easily one of the best rappers alive...

Binary Star - Masters Of The Universe has to be the dopest underground album of the decade!
Blackprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #5
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ Naaah, CunninLynguists - A Piece of Strange is the greatest album since Wu-Tang Forever

Few others of the top of my head
Non Phixion - The Future is Now
Cannibal OX - The Cold Vein
Tonedeff - Archetype (person classic, most will probably disagree though it's undeniably a great album and Tonedeff >>)
Vakill - Worst Fears Confirmed
Chino XL - Here To Save You All
Wordsworth - Mirror Music (I don't really classify it as a classic, but a true underappreciated gem)
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #6
Shaolin Bloody Sword
Golden Child

Thanks ! Yeah that "Wordsworth" album is serious...
Old 11-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #7
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i'd have to say

cage & tame one as the leak brothers- "waterworld"
rhymes from the point of view of 2 dusted muhfuckas. cage and tame are on point lyrically and the beats are strange but hard. not everyones thing, but i consider this easily one of the best releases of the 2000s.

mr.lif - "i,phantom"
a dope album full of subject matter most mcs wont touch. and it becomes an even doper album if you have an actual copy with the liner notes. the album is a story about a regular guys fucked up family, fucked up job and it ends with an atom bomb, literally. just well thought out and well executed.
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #8
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

and i agree, wordsworth's album was dope and needs to be checked by folks it they aint up on it.
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #9
Frank Sobotka
Veteran Member

Frank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venoms

Tech N9ne - Everready/absolute power
Frank Sobotka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #10
5hundred&one
Groovallegiance

5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

these should get you started.
5hundred&one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #11
DUMBO
Veteran Member

DUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post
i'd have to say

cage & tame one as the leak brothers- "waterworld"
rhymes from the point of view of 2 dusted muhfuckas. cage and tame are on point lyrically and the beats are strange but hard. not everyones thing, but i consider this easily one of the best releases of the 2000s.

mr.lif - "i,phantom"
a dope album full of subject matter most mcs wont touch. and it becomes an even doper album if you have an actual copy with the liner notes. the album is a story about a regular guys fucked up family, fucked up job and it ends with an atom bomb, literally. just well thought out and well executed.
word. waterworld is extremely dope. Delerium is such as sick song.

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"
DUMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #12
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

masta ace - a long hot summer
^^top 5 album of all time imo

joell ortiz - the brick : bodega chronicles

rhymefest - blue collar

masta ace - disposable arts

murs - 3:16

marco polo - port authority

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:08 PM   #13
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Juggaknots - "Clear Blue Skies"
C-Rayz Walz - "Ravipops"
Intelligent Hoodlum - "Saga of a Hoodlum"

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:09 PM   #14
theDZA
ADEPT

theDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkey

mf grimm - american hunger

mf doom + mad lib - madvillainy

immortal technique - not sure which to say lol...probz revoulutionary vol. 1
Old 11-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #15
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The U.N. - "U N Or U Out"
Boss Money - "Cosignment"
Money Boss Players - "Ghetto Chronicle Daily"

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote