news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

View Poll Results: Who is the NFL's G.O.A.T. Halfback?
Terrell Davis 1 4.35%
Earl Campbell 3 13.04%
Eric Dickerson 0 0%
Walter Payton 4 17.39%
Barry Sanders 8 34.78%
Emmitt Smith 2 8.70%
O.J. Simpson 1 4.35%
Jim Brown 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2009, 10:29 PM   #16
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Yeah, it comes down to Sanders or Payton. I think the edge would go to Sanders. He was the most unstoppable. Imagine how even more unstoppable he would have been if he had a line like Emmitt(overrated) had all those years on the Cowboys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #17
MaXiMus Da MaNtis
Wu Vatican

MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

videos are horrible by the way they dont even scratch the surface of any of Those RB's
MaXiMus Da MaNtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:37 PM   #18
baby jesus
Veteran Member

baby jesus crouching tigerbaby jesus crouching tiger

I Would Say It's Between Sweetness From What I've Seen From Clips And Shit He Had A Really Good Combination Of Elusivness And Power,

Jim Brown From All Accounts Was Just A Fucking Beast Man Running Against Boys,

And Barry Who I Actually Got To See He Just Broke Such Big Runs It Seemed Every Game His Cuts Were So Vicious People Use To Think He Had Double Jointed Ankles. What I Like Most About Him Was He Never Gave Up On A Run Always Tried His Hardest To Reach The Endzone He Wasnt Like Oh They Got Me Just Go Down It Was Like I'll Wiggle Out Of This Some How.

And I Dont Think Terrell Davis Should Even Be On This Poll I Could Think Of 3 Better Running Backs Without Even Thinkin About It For A Second. I Thought He Was Overrated I Meen Who Cant Argue With Some Of The Production He Had But I Never Feared When My Team Played Him.

Last edited by baby jesus; 11-12-2009 at 11:09 PM.
baby jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:39 PM   #19
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

videos and stats dont tell about the moment. you only get that from watching at the time and realising what it meant for so and so to do that at a particular time. thats what seperate the great from the good. being able to do it, in the super tight high pressure big time moments. u could have worse stats than another guy, but you were always the one to pull it out when it mattered. that means more.

like jordan.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:42 PM   #20
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby jesus View Post

And I Dont Think Terrell Davis Should Even Be On This Poll I Could Think Of 3 Better Running Backs Without Even Thinkin About It For A Second.
Agreed. He had 3 great years. 98,99, 2000. Thats it
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #21
Bobby Budknickers
Salute My Sharts

Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

jim brown IMO.

in just 9 seasons he had 106 tds, 12,000+ yards

pro bowl every season he played

3 time MVP in a time where motherfuckers played hardcore as fuck

original gangstas

Rob vs Bob
Bobby Budknickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:06 PM   #22
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Too bad Brown was a little too 'hardcore' off the field too.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2009, 11:06 PM   #23
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
reggie bush
u would say him
Old 11-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #24
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

Barry Sanders and I don't even thinks its close. 2nd place would be tough but Barry's whole career is practically a highlight real and imo a class all by himself. He would definitely have been the all-time rusher in yards if he played till the wheels fell off. I was at the game Emmitt broke the record and he said so himself.

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #25
Bobby Budknickers
Salute My Sharts

Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby Budknickers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
Too bad Brown was a little too 'hardcore' off the field too.
lol yah

Rob vs Bob
Bobby Budknickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #26
check two
N.I.

Barry could still come back now and break the record if he wanted to.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2009, 11:29 PM   #27
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
Barry could still come back now and break the record if he wanted to.
you're probably right about that Barry never really got hit. People were too worried about just tackling him.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:05 AM   #28
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
videos and stats dont tell about the moment. you only get that from watching at the time and realising what it meant for so and so to do that at a particular time. thats what seperate the great from the good. being able to do it, in the super tight high pressure big time moments. u could have worse stats than another guy, but you were always the one to pull it out when it mattered. that means more.

like jordan.
Yep like T.D. when it counted. There was only one year the Bronco's got upset against the Jags year b4 they won their 1st ring in 97 that year the Jags made it to the big game. Yep def could of won 4 rings in a row.He would of won 3 if Elway survived another season I'm positive. Because Elway wasent the QB the game Terrell tried to make a tackle on a Griese interception. He injured his knee the first time on that playorn ACL.

Im thinking Peterson is going to join this club if they can upset the Saints in playoffs.

Im diggin deep into these stats now.

Dickerson is on the top when it comes to pure numbers. He is in the top 40 four times for single season rushing yards ever list.
Barry is there twice.
Terrell Davis twice.
Emmitt twice
OJ twice.
Earl Campbell twice.
Walter Payton top 45 twice.
http://www.sportscity.com/nfl/210584...yards-leaders/

Quote:
And I Dont Think Terrell Davis Should Even Be On This Poll I Could Think Of 3 Better Running Backs Without Even Thinkin About It For A Second. I Thought He Was Overrated I Meen Who Cant Argue With Some Of The Production He Had But I Never Feared When My Team Played Him.
What do you mean?
Which of those RB's was Superbowl MVP on top of a 2000+ yard season?
I guess your somebody that didnt watch his beast seasons from 97 to 99.
I know he had a good offensive line but he still freight trained the best in the league carried 3 linemen on his back some plays and shit break free like Kevin Mack in the original Techmo Bowl.
Him and Emmitt are the only two to win

Emmitt 2 rings
TD 2 rings
Payton 1 ring

The numbers dont lie. But it really is what you remember about your favorite back. What you seen them do watching a game live - being there -

V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:10 AM   #29
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXiMus Da MaNtis View Post
videos are horrible by the way they dont even scratch the surface of any of Those RB's
Yea didnt want to sit through looking for their best vids.

V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:56 AM   #30
Visionz
The People's Champ

but V4der you asked best ever. Best ever and a guy with three good years (now matter how good) just aint cuttin it. If you asked about "favorite" then its a different story. To say TD was a better running back than Barry is just homerism. He was the top one or two rb in the league for ten years and probably have three to five more in him. There may never be another Barry.