news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: Gza- Legend of the Liquid Sword
Classic 12 16.67%
Superior 21 29.17%
Banger 23 31.94%
Average 14 19.44%
Mediocore 2 2.78%
Wack 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2007, 09:43 AM   #46
hom1e
Veteran Member

hom1e crouching tigerhom1e crouching tiger

I think i'm only one person who rate it as a classic, it's third GZA's album and it has still genius lyrics, the beats are very great no as good as Liquid Swords, but it has some mainstream flavor mixed with classic Wu-Tang beats style. How many artist's comes witch third albums on their level that is so great like Legend Of The Liquid Sword? not many...
hom1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #47
Dominus Santorini
Mauling Panda's Rampage

Dominus Santorini crouching tiger
Send a message via ICQ to Dominus Santorini Send a message via AIM to Dominus Santorini Send a message via MSN to Dominus Santorini

Modern Day Classic to me

To those that didn't like the beats:

What's your opinion on songs like Fam, Rough Cut, Sparring Minds, Animal Planet, Did you say that, AutoBio, and of course Silent. To me, these joints bang front to back.

High Replay Value for me
Dominus Santorini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:01 PM   #48
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

poll
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:05 PM   #49
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

I voted Banger based on lyrics alone, in which GZA is prolly the only artist that can pull that off. Some of the beats on the album were REALLY lacking.

3.75/5 stars
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:57 AM   #50
IrOnMaN
I understand

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The Source magazine gave it four mics. I thought it deserved 4 1/2 mics. LLS is one of his best albums because I can relate more to it.
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #51
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
The Source magazine gave it four mics. I thought it deserved 4 1/2 mics. LLS is one of his best albums because I can relate more to it.
it's definately an underated album

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:35 AM   #52
FiRe WaTeR

FiRe WaTeR grasshopper

The best production GZA has had other than Liquid Swords. 9/10.
FiRe WaTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #53
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiRe WaTeR View Post
The best production GZA has had other than Liquid Swords. 9/10.
I totally disagree, I think this is his worst album with the beats. I recently got the GZA/Muggs joint as well as 'Word From The Genius' and they both slay this in terms of beats. Lyrically its as good as you would expect with a couple nice beats and guest appearances but overall it was disappointing (it was always going to be with that title). Also all the curses are edited, and yet my copy has the PA mark in the corner still?
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:25 PM   #54
Maccabee Ridah
penalty boxed user

Maccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkeyMaccabee Ridah iron monkey

Damn, I just finished listenin to the whole album, and all I can say is that this shyt is dope as hell! Damn, there are soooo many sick track! Absolutely fav track is Did Ya Say That! That track is real classic, along with few more tracks!

I voted Superior, cuz personally, I don't find it classic tho' it's really great album!

P.E.A.C.E.
Maccabee Ridah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #55
staycreepin_n_silence
Veteran Member

staycreepin_n_silence shaolin monk

mediocre

Blood of a Slave Heart of a King. BraveHeart
staycreepin_n_silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #56
Don Universo
OB4 Iron Flag Niggas

Don Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkey

7/10.....average
Gza shined lyrically, but some of the production was so so.
too much fast forwarding for a gza album, sum songs were a 10 and others were a 4 or 5
Old 05-23-2009, 11:41 PM   #57
killabee313
Wad Up Doe?

killabee313 grasshopper

I liked it juss wish there wuzz more guest appearencez.I'd say it wuzz equal to "Beneath The Surface" but it aint shit compared to "Liquid Swords" lol
Old 06-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #58
Cloudy Inc.

Cloudy Inc. grasshopper

9/10, big improvement over Beneath the Surface. The only thing I have against the CD is the fact that he just sounds lazy- but maybe that's just me.. Oh and Highway Robbery; the chorus is annoying.. Really annoying actually.
Cloudy Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:36 AM   #59
Clipse of Doom

Clipse of Doom grasshopper

listening to this today, I think I like it more than BTS. I think the beats are better here. Luminal is some phenomenal story telling and I'm really feelin that Sparring Minds joint with Deck.
Clipse of Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:30 AM   #60
sickdog
PRODIGAL SUN

sickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkey

Average
sickdog is offline   Reply With Quote