news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 09-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
check two
Non Ignorants Eckankar

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)
Default Why was that Knocked Up movie so hyped?

I know it was from a few years back, but this movie was disappointing. I heard how funny it was supposed to be, but it really wasn't. It started off alright, but then it just kept dragging on and on, and was boring. I could see how females would like it cause it's a 'feel good' story, but not beyond that. If it didn't have so many swear words in it, it would remind me of a lower rate Hallmark movie.

And they are coming out with another movie with the Pete and Debbie characters? Why? Debbie's character was the most irritating in the movie.

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
Sky Blue Nose Kid
Dolo Wearin' Polo

Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

There's so much shit churned out of Hollywood these days that anything above average is considered a must see.

I felt how you're feeling about The Hangover.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Nose Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Hangover was overrated but Knocked Up when it was released was actually pretty funny, I watched it again recently and it wasn't so funny now but Knocked Up kind of kicked started a trend in those type of comedies again.

MaskedAvenger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
check two
Non Ignorants Eckankar

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

I'd say it's more like a chick flick.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
I know it was from a few years back, but this movie was disappointing. I heard how funny it was supposed to be, but it really wasn't. It started off alright, but then it just kept dragging on and on, and was boring. I could see how females would like it cause it's a 'feel good' story, but not beyond that. If it didn't have so many swear words in it, it would remind me of a lower rate Hallmark movie.

And they are coming out with another movie with the Pete and Debbie characters? Why? Debbie's character was the most irritating in the movie.
It was hyped because it was the directors follow up to the very successful 40 year old virgin.

Knocked up was good imo, not as good as virgin but still pretty funny.

Hangover was fucking boring and extremely overated.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #6
ShaDynasty
Rum Ham

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Knocked Up is classic. Judd Apatow is an excellent filmmaker. 'Funny People' didn't really work but it was still enjoyable. '40 Year Old Virgin' and 'Knocked Up' are near perfect movies in terms of drama, and the humor is usually just busting each others balls rather than set pieces that are obvious and played out.

He makes the kind of movies that Kevin Smith wishes he could make.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #7
check two
Non Ignorants Eckankar

The 40 year old virgin was definitely funny, but Knocked Up wasn't. It was a very generic movie, and below average. Another comedy that came out around that time period also is 'You, Me, and Dupree', which is funnier than Knocked Up.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #8
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
now, before you say this, you should check out kevin smith's new movie "red state".

its so much different than anything he's ever made before and leaps and bounds better than anything judd apatow has done or ever will do.

honestly, "red state" is a good flick. i was blown away at the fact it was a kevin smith movie.

he's been holding back on us this whole time. lol

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:05 PM   #9
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:

ahah this is such a good call, except I'm a big fan of Kevin Smith's movies. Mallrats is my shit

MaskedAvenger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #10
ShaDynasty
Rum Ham

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I'm a big fan of Smiths stuff, the Clerks flicks obviously and hes got a few other good ones. But Apatow has him beat at making films versus having intelligent ideas and great dialogue.

But honestly my expectations for 'Red State' ain't much, his politics are so reactionary and hes always shot stuff in the least interesting way possible.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #11
check two
Non Ignorants Eckankar

Anybody could have came up with the script for Knocked Up

Old 09-06-2011, 07:29 PM   #12
ShaDynasty
Rum Ham

You couldn't
Old 09-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #13
check two
Non Ignorants Eckankar

Yeah, I would have came up with something a lot more interesting. Are you a chick?

Old 09-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #14
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
But honestly my expectations for 'Red State' ain't much, his politics are so reactionary and hes always shot stuff in the least interesting way possible.
i felt the same way.
especially after the piece of shit that was "cop out".

imagine my surprise when i watched one of the best movies of 2011.

nothing you said in the above statement hold true with this flick.
its like watching a whole new director, for real.

probably the biggest surprise as far as movies go that i've seen this year.
i gotta give props when props is due, and silent bob hit it out of the park with "red state".

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #15
ShaDynasty
Rum Ham

Not all romantic comedies are just for chicks, and this one leans a lot more towards the mans perspective. To be honest I can relate to a lot of romantic films where the female is the lead, we all go through basically the same shit.

Okay Check whats your good idea for a romantic comedy thats more interesting? If it was that easy Apatow wouldn't have a career and Check 2 would be storming the box office with some boring film about gay pride and not wearing flat brim caps, starring probably Matt Damon and Kevin Hart in the leads.