news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 12-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #16
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Ice Cube.

(Now, I don't talk who's more influential, more multi-dimensional or who sold more albums. I just say whom I prefer listening to.)
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:38 AM   #17
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^what happened to your M.I.A theme?

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKAMPOE View Post
I Step in the place
with Armed conflict and occupational sweat on my face,

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #18
Keraj

Keraj shaolin monk

LOL, Of course 2Pac. I really like only a few Ice Cube's songs, but 2Pac is great. I think there are over 100 his songs that I really like.
Keraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #19
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^word

i like damn near everythignn pac made.

i prolly like 2 cube songs total.

this thread is a disgrace and reveals the wu corp population as being an over representation of european gays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKAMPOE View Post
I Step in the place
with Armed conflict and occupational sweat on my face,

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #20
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
^what happened to your M.I.A theme?

lol
Outdated. I'm a different person now (although I still like M.I.A.).
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:51 PM   #21
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

both were good in their own , had some things done better than the other, so I can't really rate anybody higher. Cube made better music for me tho, but then again, 2Pac done something so original [not being the average rapper[but as an emcee he was even sub-average for me]]..well, as I was saying - he did something that grabbed peoples ears, so he was like the rap twilight/da vinci's code/harry potter - something for everyone amongst the people, but he wasn't all that special for advanced listeners. This is what Pac had and Cube had not.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #22
J-Cee
SmokeY

J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

cubes dope..but pac 100%..

aiight many ppl say pac was aiight but wasnt that dope lyrically..but pac was a solid mc..his stories hit mufuckas hearts like no other mc could/can do..he was smart as fuck..and a revolutionary in a way..he made one hell of a fuckin impact..so cube may be a better lyricist(to some)..but cannot compare as a whole at all...no comparison in my opinion.
J-Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:54 PM   #23
J-Cee
SmokeY

J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

2pac is and always will be like the fuckin elvis/michael jackson of rap..hes a legend..it aint just lyrics..muthafucka gives me goosebumps just from speakin in his interviews let alone his music..hes one in a million..
J-Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:01 PM   #24
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
both were good in their own , had some things done better than the other, so I can't really rate anybody higher. Cube made better music for me tho, but then again, 2Pac done something so original [not being the average rapper[but as an emcee he was even sub-average for me]]..well, as I was saying - he did something that grabbed peoples ears, so he was like the rap twilight/da vinci's code/harry potter - something for everyone amongst the people, but he wasn't all that special for advanced listeners. This is what Pac had and Cube had not.
what do you mean advanced listeners?

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:10 PM   #25
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

he wasn't as good as chino xl, or pharaohe monch at that time.

he was real, yeah, but he could never freestyle, he could never bust a rhyme that people would talk about years after - but he did won the hearts of people all around, maybe cuz he was so easy to get. no REAL hidden messages [apart the Makaveli album], no lyrically advanced metaphors, ....

he was who he was. I can consider him a great [spoke]person, but as a musician, his taste in beats, and so on - not so great.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #26
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

ya but since when does being advanced mean your a better emcee or rapper?

as an artist Pac didnt think he needed to hide a msg, he just told you his msg. So since RZA's beats at that time were minimal, to some not as advanced his music isnt as good?

his impact as an artist has been greater then any of the artists you jsut listed. Where has Monch been? or Chino? Pac still sells music and hes dead. To you he might not be advanced, but who else was saying the shit Pac was saying directly? No one to my recollection and thats what advancement is.

ELITE STATUS
Old 12-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #27
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

and now we come to THE thing - 2Pac was a mainstream God even when he was alive, and his death only helped 'him' sales wise, everybody knows him, even people that don't listen to rap, and there are millions of people, that they think they know about rap music - and they learned everything about it on MTV and radio stations...

of course 2Pac sold so good, he was easy to get, all the hype helped him, the prison charges, he was constantly in the news - it helped Fifty, it helped Eminem and I'm pretty sure that somebody will take that place too someday, with all the media hype.

In my opinion Jay-Z is a better rapper than 2Pac and Biggie. I don't need to feel connected to a rapper to 'feel' him. All three are dope, but Jay is better, skillfully and also, musically. Also with Eminem. See, I can connect with Em, but even if I couldn't, I would acknowledge him as a better rapper than 2Pac [or Ice Cube]. Both Pac and Eminem sold a lot of albums, but so what?? WHAT KIND OF THING are you going to say now, that I'm wrong for liking Eminem more than Pac? Or Wu-Tang - yeah, Wu-Tang had everything - and millions Wu-Tang albums were sold when SOME OF WU RAPPERS WERE ALMOST TOTALLY ABSTRACT.

I'm pretty sure that just because Pac sold so many albums that that doesn't make him THEE best rapper ever. Lil' Wayne also sold a lot, and I will still like Monch better than both of them. There are so many things that makes a rapper great AND THERE ISN'T ONE RAPPER THAT HAS IT ALL. Even 2Pac.

So let's stop with these boring threads that won't get us anywhere, like I said - both Cube and Pac are good.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #28
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
So let's stop with these boring threads that won't get us anywhere, like I said - both Cube and Pac are good.
im not gonna respond to all that but to each his own and co sign this.

ELITE STATUS
Old 12-04-2009, 02:10 PM   #29
Senator C. Palantine
Wobbling Totem Poles

Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Ice Cube's film career > Pac
Old 12-04-2009, 02:12 PM   #30
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

wera is mad

and 2pac is way better than chino xl, and this is exhibited in him destroying chino's career in half a bar ... lol that's what chino xl is generally known for in the hip hop community, he's the nigga that pac destroyed when he wasn't even rapping lol, he ended the nigga's career on an outro ahahahha

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera
he wasn't all that special for advanced listeners.
sure he was ... you know it, i know it, everyone knows it ...
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote