news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 09-27-2005, 01:17 PM   #1
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa
Default tarver v jones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OCTOBER

1: Las Vegas, Roy Jones Jr v Antonio Tarver

its about time to bring this up officially...

oh man what can i say.. two greats back in the ring, and considering the history between these two.. this fight cannot be missed.

personally i think jones could possibly hack it.. i mean if he was really not good enough to fight the longer active tarver.. then why would jones have chosen tarver to fight again.. especially after that long break???
and last time they met.. we all know who won and by what means.. its risky for jones.. but i think he's confident and still has that jones aura that should help him beat tarver..

i have a feeling tarver would want to atke jones to later rounds cos jones has been long inactive.. therefore i assume jones would want to knock tarver out in middle rounds... as a payback and as a safe option!

peace drop thoughts

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 02:54 PM   #2
baby jesus
Veteran Member

baby jesus crouching tigerbaby jesus crouching tiger
Default Re: tarver v jones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Hope Jones Wins But I'm Thinkin Tarver Will Take It He Should Have One The First One Too. I Think Boxing Past Roy Jones By It's A Shame To See All The Guys I Grew Up Rooting For Have Fallen From The Top Hard Holyfield,Tyson,Jones. But I Guess Eventually Everyone Has To Lose It.
baby jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 05:38 PM   #3
Sergio

Sergio shaolin monk

Vintage Jones will be present! And Vintage Roy will put on the performance of a life time. ( voice of Chappel) Dam, Jones Good! I wish that is the Jones that appears Saturday
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:10 PM   #4
PHI.1.618

I would love to see Roy back on top BUT, it's all about the styles meng....
Old 09-28-2005, 11:04 AM   #5
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

yes styles will be so important here definitely... i guess they know each other inside out now, considering their fights are on replay 24/7 in their cribs...

still saying jones gon do it tho hmm hope so he would add more excitement to boxing if he stayed for longer...

imagine him fighting bhop again, which is possible if he wins

Old 09-28-2005, 11:20 PM   #6
Sergio

Sergio shaolin monk

Vintage Roy will be present, I refuse to believe he will let his lagacy of 12 years of pound for pound the best go!, I hope it is that Roy! Tarver is so much better then the Tarver that fought Roy 2 years ago. God bless THose fighter, I love boxing!
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 09:02 AM   #7
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

Hell yes. I guess ya'll have seen the recent pics of RJJ? Dude is ripped up and supposed to be in the best shape of his life. That's good, though, cause the chip that Tarver still has on his shoulder for Roy is a motherfucker. People talk about Taylor not getting his props, what about Antonio? Where's the respect for the dude who manhandled Roy violently? I'm ready for a new(er) face in boxing, the "RJJ Ego Era" is over. Been wrong before, though........Peace Ya'll.
benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 10:10 AM   #8
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

well both fighters regardless of the past, are def ready for war and i am happy.. i dnt want to see some boring matchup of two greats nahmean?

Old 09-29-2005, 01:42 PM   #9
THA G3NIUS 36

THA G3NIUS 36 grasshopper

Tarver is gonna knock roy again......roy's career is all but over after this fight and he loses look to him to fade away in the background to never been seen from again
Old 09-29-2005, 03:35 PM   #10
dooboy
Veteran Member

dooboy grasshopper

i hope he comes back with the same hunger he did when he had the rematch with griifin
dooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:01 PM   #11
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

this fight will not go the distance. i'll pick a Tarver KO not just cause i believe he's the better man, but because Roy is gonna be too impatient/pissed to fight a disciplined fight. and you better believe he won't be stickin out that chin all "rooster style" again! if Tarver slips up, it's goodnight for him. too many emotions to go 12 rounds...i love this shit!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2005, 08:38 PM   #12
the8stricker

the8stricker grasshopper

^

I do not think Jones will lose. I surely do not think Jones will be impatient either. Jones should come out into the fight confiedent, and collective. Possessing these qualities should grant him the victory. Jones is too hungry and has studied Tarver for a great amount of time now, nevertheless Jones for the belts!

Harlem's Finest
the8stricker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 11:14 AM   #13
benzo
Wu Vatican

you could be very right. i want to see what kinda difference having his dad back in training with him is going to do for his fight plan. we might see a completely different style this time. alot of dudes seem to be changing their own styles up recentley, too.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:49 AM   #14
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

yap i agree.. jones knows he gotta change his style slightly so that he doesnt stay predictable..

he should be mature and also be in a better position to calculate all his moves..

but hey.. thats what i hope rjj's situation is like.. now hope dat becomes reality!!!

not long 2 go

Old 10-01-2005, 02:30 AM   #15
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale kris
My predictions:

Tarver by KO: 40%

RJJ by KO: 35%

Tarver by decision: 10%

RJJ by decision: 15%

Draw: 5%

Personally, I'm more of a Tarver fan just cus he seems more of a modest guy who doesn't have his head in the clouds, wheras I always had a grudge for RJJ just cus he was one cocky mu'fucka, but just cus I didn't like his personality doesn't mean I don't respect him cus he could atleast back his words up in the ring and, after all, thats where it all matters. Kinda feel the same way about Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather.
yep i understand that.. specially when roy got down twice before leaving for that break...

as for mayweather..lol though he chats a lot.. he backs it up then 2! and i appreciate that he still called gatti a good fighter at the end.. sorta ironic but yeh!