news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Track Reviews

View Poll Results: Rate House of Flying Daggers
5 Star Classic 21 67.74%
4 Star Banger 5 16.13%
3 Star Decent 1 3.23%
2 Star Boring 2 6.45%
1 Star Wack 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default House of Flying Daggers - Track Review

House of Flying Daggers

Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...part II

Raekwon
Inspectah Deck
Method Man

J Dilla

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #2
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Strong contender for 2009 song of the year, classic

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:07 PM   #3
DRUNKENARTS
BONG BONG

DRUNKENARTS crouching tiger

ye very strong song def one of 09's greats
Old 12-25-2009, 09:21 PM   #4
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I really don't get why people love this track. The beat is just fucking annoying, it grates on me big time, I can't even talk about the lyrics cos I can't bring myself to listen to the whole song.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:19 AM   #5
New Hills 36
PRODIGAL SUN

New Hills 36 iron monkeyNew Hills 36 iron monkeyNew Hills 36 iron monkeyNew Hills 36 iron monkey

Love it. Though it took a few listens

Dilla (RIP) does an amazing job for me.
New Hills 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:21 AM   #6
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

Love Meth's and Rae's verses
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:25 PM   #7
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

vintage wu track right here, but the version on the album doesnt sound right. i have another version thats mixed down better.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:51 AM   #8
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

as Wade pointed out above the mixing is quite poor on here but no matter what it's damn hard for a Wu head not to love this joint (i see you Tauro lol). to me all the right elements are there, the shit is hardbody as FUCK, vintage Shaolin sounding sample (actually used by RZA before), dirty, grimey and raw are the three words to best describe it. the drums are fucking knocking, i love blowing this loud as hell in the headphones; Dilla did a great job altho i couldn't see anyone rhyming on this besides the Wu. in a way the poor mixing actually adds some gutter to it, sorta like the lo-fi shit RZA was doing back in the day.

Rae couldn't picked a better song to open up the album with, a posse cut that comes through with a bang and Rebel INS setting it off crazy as usual. All the verses on here are super nice imo, an "instant classic" in my book. the re-used hook by GZA from '36 Chambers' adds a vintage feel to this as well which is another plus. besides the mixing i ain't got a bad word to say about this, so

5/5

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:31 AM   #9
buckshotstheone
Legend

buckshotstheone shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to buckshotstheone

I remember when this leaked, I was in Baltimore on a trip and at the time was in the backseat of a car checking in on all the blog sites I follow (Blackberry addict) and was like "oh SHIT" when I saw this drop. It was all I could think about but by the time we got back to the hotel and I could grab headphones, the youtube link had been deleted. So there I am, on Friday of a 3 day trip, thinking only about getting home to hear this new Raekwon joint.

Saturday I decide to check it again, and luckily I found a working link and I sat there, as the other people in my hotel room were sleeping, bumping that track wanting nothing more than to scream out "holy shit these mafuckas done woke the FUCK UP in this game and dropped a CLASSIC!!!!!" but couldn't cause of the couple that was sleeping 10 feet away. I've never mimed so much excitement before in my life.
buckshotstheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:40 AM   #10
Drunken Monk
B Team

Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

bullzit
Drunken Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:55 PM   #11
NeonGenesis

NeonGenesis shaolin monk

Classic.Beat bangs and wu comin thru like hell
NeonGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:37 PM   #12
BGS
aka Dun Jones

BGS iron monkeyBGS iron monkeyBGS iron monkeyBGS iron monkey

classic...great way to open the album!