news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Track Reviews

View Poll Results: Rate Pencil
5 Star Classic 6 75.00%
4 Star Banger 2 25.00%
3 Star Decent 0 0%
2 Star Boring 0 0%
1 Star Wack 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-25-2009, 10:35 PM   #1
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Pencil - Track Review

Pencil

Pro Tools

GZA
Masta Killa
RZA

Mathematics

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:37 PM   #2
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Insane beat by Math, insane lyrics by RZA ...classic

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
Old 12-26-2009, 12:31 AM   #3
Beowulf

Beowulf drunken mastaBeowulf drunken mastaBeowulf drunken masta

Far and away the best song on the album, which is a bummer since its the first song as well. Its tough listening to an album when the first song is the best because, why bother? Its all downhill. Save the best for last!

I would say this is Math's best beat. Its just got ridiculous knock-ability and RZA steals the show. Best verse I've heard from RZA since Duck Seazon. When RZA rides the beat like a metronome, he's just invincible.

Masta Killa doesn't really have a verse, but more of a bridge between GZA and RZA. GZA has one of his more memorable opening lines as well:

"The echo chamber enhanced the flow of the block party
Keepin MC heads spinnin like dark Bacardi"

Its still kind of embarrassing that the RZA steals the ENTIRE album away from his cousin in the first 4 minutes lol. 5 star classic.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:37 AM   #4
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

haahaaha that's kinda true, his verse is whut!=

Old 12-26-2009, 03:27 AM   #5
New Hills 36
PRODIGAL SUN

New Hills 36 iron monkeyNew Hills 36 iron monkeyNew Hills 36 iron monkeyNew Hills 36 iron monkey

Brilliant. And good to hear RZA with a hot recent verse!

Slightly off topic but.....The Pencil/My Piano/Firehouse joint on Wu-Tang meets the Indie Culture 2 - Enter the Dubstep bangs like a motha in my opinion too - pretty good lp that
New Hills 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:28 AM   #6
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

I'll hit that track up eventually

Old 12-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #7
DRUNKENARTS
BONG BONG

DRUNKENARTS crouching tiger

math brought a nice hard beat, rza is amazing, he takes best verse of whole album with this not to take anything from gza tho