news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: LOVE IT OR HATE IT
LOVE IT 0 0%
AHHH BETTER THAN LIL' WANYE 0 0%
EHHHHHHHHH I DUNNO YET, GOTS TO GROW ON ME 0 0%
KILL THAT NOISE 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Slum Village - Villa Manifesto EP

For the most part I like EP over LP's for the fact that most EP are straight to the point with relatively no skits nor filler. And with that said Slum Village pulls off the tarp off their comeback joint with The Villa Manifesto EP, which serves as a slight hold over until the full length comes out in 2010.

And with death of two key group members J Dilla (RIP) and Baatin (RIP), the amazingly dopeness that the remain group members bring are hard to the core with tracks like “Starter”, “Cloud 9” and “Nitro” all shine with they usual slum flavor that makes them Detriot's verison of A Tribe Called Quest. This EP bangs down out right for the trunks with the bass thumping anthem in “Starter”, and Baatin's verse at the end just draws in the funkiness that you expect from Slum Village.

If you feel teased by this EP like I do and ready for a full fledge return of Slum Village this is only the teaser for the full length coming next year, which if it sounds like anything like this with BR Gunna production (which consists of Black Milk and Young RJ) backing Slum with pure heat like “Dope Man”. Overall I'm give this EP a 3 ˝ out 5 for the fact it's so short yet there isn't no filler, yet the track lengths don't do it enough justice.

REVIEW: 3 1/2 OUT OF 5 STARS

NON IGNORANT...

Last edited by claaa7; 01-27-2010 at 02:06 PM.
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote