news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Track Reviews

View Poll Results: Rate Ice Cream part 2
5 Star Classic 0 0%
4 Star Banger 0 0%
3 Star Decent 1 5.26%
2 Star Boring 3 15.79%
1 Star Wack 15 78.95%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
beautifulcock
BIG DIPPER

beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Ice Cream part 2 - Track Review

Ice Cream part 2

The Lex Diamond Story

Raekwon
Method Man
Cappadonna

DJ Khalil

If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.
beautifulcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:18 PM   #2
beautifulcock
BIG DIPPER

beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulcock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The worst wu-related track ever?
If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.
beautifulcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
Beowulf

Beowulf drunken mastaBeowulf drunken mastaBeowulf drunken masta

Shit like this makes me want to buy an 808 on craigslist and make some beats. If no talent hacks can have beats on A FUCKING WU-TANG CLAN album, the hip-hop beatles, the greatest rap group of all time, then I might have a shot.

The only songs in history that are worse than this are "MC Conditioner" and Coldplay's "Speed of Sound"
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:59 PM   #4
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

this is unspeakably awful
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:06 AM   #5
New Hills 36
PRODIGAL SUN

New Hills 36 iron monkeyNew Hills 36 iron monkeyNew Hills 36 iron monkeyNew Hills 36 iron monkey

My big fear was that OB4CL2 would be to the first part what Ice Cream 2 was to the original. The omens weren't particularly great but thankfully.....
New Hills 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:49 AM   #6
DRUNKENARTS

ahhhh not this again my ears r bleeding!
Old 01-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #7
BGS
aka Dun Jones

BGS iron monkeyBGS iron monkeyBGS iron monkeyBGS iron monkey

horrible...what was rae thinking for fucks sake??!!
BGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #8
crass
Wise to da game

crass drunken mastacrass drunken masta

This track is important because it is another reminder of how poor a lyricist Cappadonna is. His verse here is embarassing, but honestly is not that much worse than his verse on the original Ice Cream.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #9
-The A to the Z-
Veteran Member

-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
If no talent hacks can have beats on A FRICKING WU-TANG CLAN album
DJ Khalil isn't even a bad producer, nor is this a bad beat particularly, but the song was a poor showing on everyone involved.
-The A to the Z- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #10
crass
Wise to da game

crass drunken mastacrass drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by -The A to the Z- View Post
DJ Khalil isn't even a bad producer, nor is this a bad beat particularly, but the song was a poor showing on everyone involved.
This beat sounds like a kid winding up a jack-in-the-box.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #11
Beowulf

Beowulf drunken mastaBeowulf drunken mastaBeowulf drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by -The A to the Z- View Post
Nah, I looked it up, and it said this beat was awful.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 05:29 AM   #12
ZRFTS
85 %ER

ZRFTS crouching tigerZRFTS crouching tiger

Ice Cream 2

You know the original song. "Ice Cream" with it's twangy guitars and cinematic sound? Have you listened to it in the context of Raekwon hating the song? Yeah, turns out that despite the fact that everyone likes it; Raekwon thought the beat was wack and Ghostface Killah's rhymes are terrible. I heard he lipsynced the song whenever he was forced to perform it since he didn't like it.

So what did a person who didn't like his own song do. Simple, he made it better. He removed Ghostface Killah, he gave Method Man a full verse and he created this BANGA!

Now I just came back from having a lobotomie (however you spell it) so excuse my many mistakes.

First off, the beat is amazing; gone are the unecessary floruished and in it's place is a sick bass line combiend with an actual Ice Cream Truck. Musical genuises were involved in the making of this song and it showed; they thought tooth and end in order to make the song better and I think they did an amazing job... They toned down the drums, they manufactured a new instrument (which I like to call the Ice Cream Xylophone) and they came out with this beat; which is WU to the fullest!

Raekwon doesn't waste the beef and he does the dope rhymes he did on his first album but better. He laces the song with such lines as "Yeah, line for line, rhyme for rhyme That coochie is mine, I might just need it this time" Do not tell me that Raewkon is bad on this song; nope, not hearing it. Raekwon is aweosme. Lalalalalalalalalallaalalalalala.

Don't tell me that Capadonna is not awesome because he appeared on the first Ice Cream. Raekwon knows talent and he picked him to repirse his role because he knew he'd be dope as fuck; no longer does he rep his fashion catalogue. No; his rhymes has SUBSTANCE! Take for example this line "Yo, I love my dick-size, like I love women and shit. My head grew over these years, now I got a nice dick." He rhymes shit with dick; nobody has doen it before. It's over... CAPDAONNA has kieled the game. Don't tell me he hasn't because you're all in denial. lalalalalalalalallalalala.

I can't speak for Method Man since I couldn't understand his verses but he replaced Ghostface Killah amdirably.

What more can I say, RAEWOKN is a gwenius; no one can understand the intricities of crafting a sequal more than him. He knew that he had a story to tell and he told it! I can imagine this playing on actual Ice Cream trucks. Don't tell me it's shit, It can attract puerto rician.s. the bat, lyrics and beat are fire and this is Rakwon best trakc yet.

11/10

(by the way, the above review was saterical/comedic; I find the track hilarious for it's awfulness. WTF were they thinking when they made the song?)
Old 06-06-2015, 07:28 PM   #13
zooruka

zooruka Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)zooruka Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)zooruka Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)zooruka Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)zooruka Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)zooruka Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)zooruka Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)zooruka Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)zooruka Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)zooruka Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)zooruka Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crass View Post
but honestly is not that much worse than his verse on the original Ice Cream.
His verse on Icecream was dope ! One of, if not, my favourite feat Cappa verse.

Edit: I wish I voted classic ahahahaha
zooruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:36 PM   #14
Charles Barry
Griselda Dinner Plates

Charles Barry fist of furyCharles Barry fist of furyCharles Barry fist of furyCharles Barry fist of furyCharles Barry fist of furyCharles Barry fist of furyCharles Barry fist of furyCharles Barry fist of furyCharles Barry fist of furyCharles Barry fist of furyCharles Barry fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by crass View Post
This track is important because it is another reminder of how poor a lyricist Cappadonna is. His verse here is embarassing, but honestly is not that much worse than his verse on the original Ice Cream.
Man, you need to shut up and milk that cow the best way you know how.

Charles Barry is offline   Reply With Quote