news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 01-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #31
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

that's too much like fascism, if u ask me. it's too strict. i don't agree they should wear a suit before they come to the game, maybe just normal clothes...but where is the line between 'normal' clothing and hiphop clothing, for an example?
Old 01-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #32
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan Destine View Post
Yes I understand that Stern was a consensus pick of the owners but this where the analogies to a typical job are poor. Its not like the guy who pays you in your job has to listen the ideas of a league commissioner type who doesn't pay you salary directly and is paid by the owners just like you.

if you work for a corporation, the owners (shareholders) choose the CEO and board of directors who make the rules for the company. if i own 1 share of stock in walmart, i can't go in telling everyone that they don't have to wear their blue vests anymore. it's up to the people in charge to make the rules.

when i played basketball in junior high, i had to dress up for away games. we didn't have to wear a suit and tie, but i think we had to wear khaki pants and a collared shirt. in high school when i played ice hockey, same thing, we had to dress up a little.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #33
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Good rule, but Stern's a prick.

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:14 PM   #34
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
that's too much like fascism, if u ask me. it's too strict. i don't agree they should wear a suit before they come to the game, maybe just normal clothes...but where is the line between 'normal' clothing and hiphop clothing, for an example?
LOL..fascism??? these dudes are multi fucking millionaires. Pleases stop with the overreactions.

The line is simple. No denim, u must have a collar on ur shirt, its got to be button up, etc. I'm sure they have a guidline for it.

LOL@ people trying to act like there is not a difference or 'where is the line' between casual attire and formal attire.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:37 AM   #35
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
LOL..fascism??? these dudes are multi fucking millionaires. Pleases stop with the overreactions.

The line is simple. No denim, u must have a collar on ur shirt, its got to be button up, etc. I'm sure they have a guidline for it.

LOL@ people trying to act like there is not a difference or 'where is the line' between casual attire and formal attire.
Word.

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:43 AM   #36
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ionno, it's just...I understand the problem, but it's still weird
Old 01-12-2010, 10:28 AM   #37
Compulsion
Veteran Member

Compulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venoms

Fuck Sterns lying ass and fuck the NBA.

I can't help it, I'm from Seattle.
Compulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #38
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

yea i miss the supersonics...Great name and logo
Old 01-12-2010, 10:58 AM   #39
Compulsion
Veteran Member

Compulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
yea i miss the supersonics...Great name and logo
I miss them too. A lot of good memories going to Supersonics games. Now that it is 2010, Seattle's idiotic government has let the money that they bargined for by letting them go to OKC, pass by them.
Compulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #40
CharlesJones
National Director of Toe-sucking & Janitorial Affairs

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

I heard that Seattle might be getting a team again. I hope it happens sometime soon. I don't think they should've left Seattle. Gary Payton is trying to get a team back to Seattle. I hear what ya'll are saying about the NBA's dress code being enforced by David Stern but i don't like it. Forcing these guys to wear businesslike clothes to the games before they play isn't gonna make these guys change who they are and i think David is trying to make them change their personalities and that's not gonna happen.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #41
netscape check two
N.I.

netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

I think they should make certain teams wear the short shorts again during games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
How am I a troll and what's a troll?
netscape check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #42
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i bet you would. so which guys do you want to see wearing short shorts?

Old 01-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #43
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

its a stupid and pointless rule that doesnt address the real problem at all. the NBA's problem is the actions of their players, not their attire. the players are not part of corperate america. the owners and GMs are but not the players. they go into a smelly locker room and then go out on the court and play a game. they're not in an office setting or having board meetings with corporate executives.

but hey, when you're the boss you can make all the rules you want, no matter how pointless and stupid. fair enough, just dont try and tell me its good for the league.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:51 PM   #44
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

ok, MLB... the manager has to wear a uniform or he is not allowed on the field (how does this affect the game?)

NBA... Coaches and assistant coaches must wear a sport coat or suit coat. (how does this affect the game?)

NFL... Players are issued a two-piece sock. One part is white, and the other part is the team color like blue for the Rams. If a player has only the white or only the blue showing, that's a violation.

The white sock, worn over the full-length stockings in team colors, must extend to the midpoint of the lower leg. Stockings must meet the pants below the knee.

how do socks affect the game???

Old 01-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #45
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

should i have been using affect or effect? i always mix those up