news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 01-14-2010, 07:42 PM   #16
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

So Kiffin had persuaded a recruit to come to Tennessee and he had promised him and his family that he would be there for his whole college career? lol

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:37 PM   #17
Sky Blue Danny Kid
Internet Community Member

Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Charles Barkley just said that Lanke Kiffin "must have pictures of somebody having sex with a monkey", and as far as I know, Kiffin has yet to deny that rumor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.
Sky Blue Danny Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:49 PM   #18
Mic Tyson
Heisman

Mic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
So Kiffin had persuaded a recruit to come to Tennessee and he had promised him and his family that he would be there for his whole college career? lol
yea lol, alot of recruits were like what the fuck do i do now? but i wouldnt have based my decision of a college solely on a coach
Old 01-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #19
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

we'll see what he can do in going to a school thats the top recruiter in its conference, unlike tennessee which is #6.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Last edited by THE W; 01-14-2010 at 11:56 PM.
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:52 PM   #20
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

well this is the way of college football.

Only a handful of schools have the coaches that are 'lifers' or at least until they retire.

right now tho....Tressel and Paterno would be the only left.

The thing is that if a coach is a hot commodity and has a rare chance to coach at a great university, then he is going to leave.

As good as the SEC is, none of those schools is as prestigious as a school like, Notre Dame, Ohio State, USC, Texas, Michigan and even Penn State. Maybe Alabama is the only one you could say that for.

Tennessee definitely is not a school in those categories. Plus you also have to factor in coaching in states where the high school football talent is large.

California is just that...Texas, Florida, Ohio....thats why those programs will ALWAYS be good.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #21
Sky Blue Danny Kid

Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Laughable, Tooch. You must not understand the culture of the SEC. Things change QUICK in college football.

Nobody thinks Ohio State is prestigious anymore.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2010, 05:49 PM   #22
Mic Tyson
Heisman

Mic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIRITdANIMAL View Post
Laughable, Tooch. You must not understand the culture of the SEC. Things change QUICK in college football.

Nobody thinks Ohio State is prestigious anymore.
^^^^^what in the hell? Ohio state is still a TOP 5 program. all u have to do is look at their BCS rankings at the beginning of every year to know that they are still prestigious.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #23
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

the SEC has a bunch of good schools but none of them besides Alabama has a history that can match those schools that I mentioned.

Florida is starting to build a legacy....STARTING.

Dan i dont expect you to kno much about college football. Your from the Northeast and you relocated to Kentucky.

B-ball is your field young man
Old 01-15-2010, 10:01 PM   #24
Sky Blue Danny Kid

I prefer college basketball, NBA and NFL to college football, but I still understand the game. Recruits don't care about history. We're living in the now. The SEC IS the #1 college football conference.

It isn't a debate.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2010, 10:59 PM   #25
Mic Tyson
Heisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIRITdANIMAL View Post
I prefer college basketball, NBA and NFL to college football, but I still understand the game. Recruits do care about history. We're living in the now. The SEC WAS the #1 college football conference.

It isn't a debate.
fixed

i dont know where u got the idea that recruits don't care about the history of a team. why do you think certain schools get the top recruits?

and SEC will not be the best conference next year. Florida is done. the only team that can go to the BCS is Alabama and they way they almost got beat by Texas, they're overrated. Ohio State would fuck Alabama up.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:58 PM   #26
Sky Blue Danny Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic Tyson View Post
fixed

i dont know where u got the idea that recruits don't care about the history of a team. why do you think certain schools get the top recruits?

and SEC will not be the best conference next year. Florida is done. the only team that can go to the BCS is Alabama and they way they almost got beat by Texas, they're overrated. Ohio State would fuck Alabama up.
The fuck are you talking about???

The SEC has been heads and shoulders above every other conference in recent years.

And its not a debate. It's fact

So who's getting the best recruits?!?!?!

It isn't even close.

So you live in LA and cheer for USC...ok, that's cute, but its 2010 now, and the SEC dominates and has dominated for the past several years.

BECAUSE they get the best recruits.

You can try and tell me what's going to happen next year, but who keeps winning the BCS championship??

I can't even believe im debating it.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2010, 12:17 AM   #27
Mic Tyson
Heisman

all im sayin is the SEC is losin steam. the big ten is up there with them now, and will soon be the best conference once michigan gets better. the best team in the SEC this year barely beat a team without their starting qb. The conference is a little overrated, thats why they have been getting to go to the BCS championship. Florida and LSU didn't even deserve to go to the BCS championship in 06 and 07.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:44 AM   #28
Sky Blue Danny Kid

Come on now. All I'm saying is that nothing matters in college football except the last 5 years. ESPECIALLY when you're dealing with recruits.

The SEC has dominated. Pure and simple.

What happens when the big 10 plays the SEC? TOoch, you there?

It is the premiere football conference in the country, in the premeire football region of the country.

and Florida and LSU didn't deserve to go to the championship games?!? That's crazy talk

Quote:
Old 01-16-2010, 02:15 AM   #29
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Well yes the SEC is the top conference top to bottom and Florida RIGHT NOW is the top program.

But OHIO STATE is a top program. The rest of the Big Ten might be down, but you cannot deny that we have been to 3 NC games in the past decade and are always in a BCS game.
Yes, there have been losses but USC has only won once too.

Ohio State pumps out as many draft picks as anyone in the country, if not more. Only USC and Miami come close.

You can jump on the hating on Ohio State bandwagon but year in and out, they are contenders and its been this way since Woody Hayes. Its going to continue to be that way.

You also have to factor in the lower academic standards int eh SEC.....how they recruit is a prime example of this.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:06 AM   #30
Compulsion
Veteran Member

Compulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic Tyson View Post
fixed

Same OSU that lost to a 9-4 USC Team at home? Right....Ohio State would have lost to Alabama or Texas. OSU is a consistant top 10 team, but they dominate a shitty conference(recently) like USC has. With the B10 + ohio direction schools for OOC they will always be in the pre-season top 10....

Anyway Ohio State is one of the last schools that should act like they academically superior to anyone. Florida is a better University, and is harder to get into. The academic standards is a non-issue unless you are ivy league. Cal-Berkeley is a far superior school to OSU and they don't have problems with getting athletes in. Ohio State doesn't either and to say they do is a joke. You let the same kids in the SEC does.

Last edited by Compulsion; 01-16-2010 at 05:12 AM.
Compulsion is offline   Reply With Quote