news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 01-27-2010, 09:30 AM   #16
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

Hardcore

Thrash
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:37 AM   #17
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms

Could you word the difference?
Old 01-27-2010, 09:58 AM   #18
AcidPhosphate69
Dr. Saunders

AcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killa

Dusk, you ever listen to Bane? They're a pretty solid hardcore band that's more hardcore and less bitching about ex-girlfriends.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #19
AcidPhosphate69
Dr. Saunders

AcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killa

Favorite "metal" band of all time. Listen to this song, the moods change so fluidly and shit. Great tune. A full listen is definitely merited.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:13 PM   #20
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

no i havent..ill check them out, and SID...

Hardcore is just a more aggressive form of punk, looser, wilder

the type of metal i tend to enjoy has a real sort of, organized, tight sound...very precise riffs and extremely talented musicians...its almost reminiscent of classical music...and thats not to say hardcore artists arent talented...but it tends to show less in the music...idk.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #21
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

People don't like Motorhead?

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #22
Cthulhu
Veteran Member

Cthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SID View Post
Could you word the difference?
hardcore in all its forms is still primarily rooted in punk rock. There are a lot of crossovers between hardcore and metal, and in fact, almost all the harsher genres of metal owe something to hardcore punk, but in general, the riffing styles and musical aesthetic in hardcore genres are different, even if they border on "metallic." If I had the time I might try to list some of the specific differences, but it's really something you just notice if you listen to a lot of either genre or have some knowledge of the subcultures surrounding them.

To give you an analogy, the question is sort of like someone asking what the differences are between hip-hop, grime, dancehall, and/or dubstep. You can find tons of similarities that may even seem arbitrary between them, but when it comes down to the general songwriting aesthetic and subcultures, you can trace them to different heritages.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:45 PM   #23
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

theres Thrashcore...
Old 01-27-2010, 09:04 PM   #24
jimmy

jimmy grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidPhosphate69 View Post
Also, anybody else notice how popular "metalcore" is with christian youth groups? Blows my mind, but it makes a weird kind of sense.
christians just have all kinds of bad taste, man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidPhosphate69 View Post
I'm a huge fan of Kyuss-esque stoner metal,
i could've guessed from the acid king sig. you a wizard fan? electric wizard has to be the best "stoner metal"
earth too, if you're really, really, really baked
jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:07 PM   #25
jimmy

jimmy grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
some other random metal albums i love

Scream Bloody Gore-Death
Black Sabbath-Black Sabbath
Aenima-Tool
Remission-Mastodon
that's a good fucking list
jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:22 PM   #26
AcidPhosphate69
Dr. Saunders

Yeah, I gotta say Tool is fucking epic. Nothing really compares.

ACid King fucking rocks though. I like Clutch, Karma To Burn, Unida, The Atomic Bitchwax, etc. I really dig the whole desert rock thing.

This is rad.

AcidPhosphate69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:53 PM   #27
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

i noticed that about the christian youth..eloels..it is pretty funny.

and i was debating whether or not to mention the melvins..but theyre one of my favorite bands..ever.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:49 AM   #28
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Nice track.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:50 AM   #29
Afficial_Nastee
Non Ignorants

Afficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal son

I really respect the following bands :

Cannibal Corpse : yo those lyrics are the shit if you look them up !
Slipknot : I know they catch some hate but fuck dat , their first album is fucking real!
Korn : just great music
Afficial_Nastee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:00 PM   #30
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms

Korn was one of the first bands i ever listend too. Great band.

Shame about their corporate mindsets though.