news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 01-27-2010, 01:02 AM   #1
zooruka

zooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal son
Default Can white people say Gawd and not get laughed at

I noticed alot of white people are saying gawd on this site and this is puzzling to me....why would a white person wanna say gawd when the term has a meaning attached to it, that being the black man is gawd..or even subscribe to this philosphy when the term for the white man is devil...according to it.

???????????

can someone explain.

peace be with you !

Last edited by zooruka; 01-27-2010 at 01:04 AM.
zooruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:13 AM   #2
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prof zooruka View Post
or even subscribe to this philosphy when the term for the white man is devil...according to it.
according to what?
why are you assuming the terms god and devil are copywritten by one group of people/ philosophy?
Old 01-27-2010, 01:13 AM   #3
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

great question, i always thought it was dumb but with this post i realize its one of the dumbest things ever

good question
Old 01-27-2010, 01:17 AM   #4
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
according to what?
why are you assuming the terms god and devil are copywritten by one group of people/ philosophy?
well we all know which philosophy we're talking about on a wutang forum where men are addressing each other as god regularly.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:23 AM   #5
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

prof's assumptions of the philosophies attached to the generic word "god" is puzzling to me
but i do find it very stupid when people say that (black or white) without knowing what they're talking about, or just because they heard wu-tang say it
Old 01-27-2010, 01:25 AM   #6
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

and that's what he's saying. he's not assuming anything, he's saying its stupid for white ppl to be calling each other god cause they heard wutang say it.

the worst part is they know exactly what it means
Old 01-27-2010, 01:31 AM   #7
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

you're telling me you think they know what it means to be god - I don't think they do

they say it to sound cool, not because they philosophically truly believe they are god
if they knew what they were saying I don't have a problem with it
Old 01-27-2010, 01:41 AM   #8
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

here's the thing, nobody listens to any 5% rapper casually. your either in or out and if your in the chances of you learning what they mean by 'god' when they're constantly saying it are high

plus ppl outside of hip hop fans know the 5% nation and their philosophy. the chances of someone using the term god and knowing what it means are way higher then its inverse
Old 01-27-2010, 01:50 AM   #9
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
here's the thing, nobody listens to any 5% rapper casually. your either in or out and if your in the chances of you learning what they mean by 'god' when they're constantly saying it are high

plus ppl outside of hip hop fans know the 5% nation and their philosophy. the chances of someone using the term god and knowing what it means are way higher then its inverse
im still incredibly puzzled as to why you guys keep bringing up the 5% NGE and rappers.
they don't own the rights to god/ devil, nor are they the originators of thinking man is god
i wasn't talking about being able to know what some rappers are talking about when they say god
knowing what wutang means when they say "i am god" doesn't mean you know what it means to say "i am god"

but whatever i dont think my words are getting me anywhere in here
Old 01-27-2010, 04:47 AM   #10
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

how can black people say Gawd and not get laughed at ?

SL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:12 AM   #11
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

im an FPS gawd - son!

750 REBELS - australia's best

NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #12
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

using Gawd instead of god......

negro lingo

old negro preachers will pronounce it gawd

the way we speak.....it's funny to allot of them
Old 01-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #13
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

TSA and Rooka ar confused

NGE was well known for being open to all races. Wu tang were NGE rappers, not NOI rappers. Yes they have similarities, but one is focused completely around blackness, the other isnt.

Listen to Popa Wu on Ironman talk about God and the 'universe being inside you' all that shit, thats got nothing to do with 'blackness'
Old 01-27-2010, 01:56 PM   #14
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lmao, this mother fucker observes black people way too much. you're like somebody from national geographic studying a fucking pack of lions their entire lives.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:36 PM   #15
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post

lmao, this mother fucker observes black people way too much. you're like somebody from national geographic studying a fucking pack of lions their entire lives.

hahahahah i bet he rocks a safari vest & doo rag to the club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote