news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 02-04-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
Tommy
Starvin' individuals kill

Tommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkey
Default Cam'ron

'sup everyone. I know some kids on this site probably looked at the title of this thread and tutted in disgust as they listened to their Vinnie Paz or whatever, but I've heard a couple of songs Cam'Ron has contributed to and I really liked em.

Basically, I'm just looking for someone to put me onto some of Cam'ron's best shit, be it single songs, collabs, or albums, I'm open to anything. Anything else or opinions will also be appreciated, thanks.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The point of listening to Cam'ron is that nobody puts you on. You turn your brains off, light a spliff, scratch your balls and enjoy the feeling of your IQ getting lower with each minute. (Pretty similar feeling as with watching Family Guy, or listening to Gucci Mane).

But if you really need some advice, start with this:

That's 3:30 minutes of Cam'ron saying absolutely nothing with unparalelled conviction, over a beat that interpolates, of all people, Cindy Lauper. It's so retarded it's genial. If Cam has one song that pretty much sums up what Cam is about, that's it.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:14 PM   #3
Tommy
Starvin' individuals kill

Tommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkey

I disagree with that, the stuff I've heard with Cam on is pretty hot.

I'm just looking to explore his shit really and was hoping on someone to help me out with where to start.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

id say start with the Purple Haze album. His best work imo

11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #5
Poetic Wun
Non-Ignorants

Poetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to Poetic Wun

after his first album i was done

Poetic Wun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:20 PM   #6
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

cam is one of the best emcees to come out of harlem!!!!

niggas that hate on cam more times than not arent into street music!!!! its the honest truth!!!!

hes a slang scientist with a big personality and a butter flow!!!!!

s.d.e. is a hood classic, gritty street shit, delivered by one of the wittier street rappers out there!!!!!

come home with me is a banger for the production alone... that shit slaps, classic rocafella beats backed up cams highest selling album!!!!!! he caught flack for simplifying his shit, but damned if it didnt work, and his mic presence only grew as his career went on!!!!!!!

purple haze is retarded nice, cam kills that album tip to tip... pusher music, hustler shit, crispy beats, must own album!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^ anyone into hardcore hip hop should be able to admit camron merked this shit!!!!!!!!!!

cams always been nice!!!!!!! crime pays had some gritty killa joints!!!!!!
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #7
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

^^ word Crime Pays was full of bangers, huge improvement after Killa Season which was a let down imo

His Public Enemy #1 mixtape is also insane
Old 02-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #8
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

I just DL'd "Come home with me" last night cuz I lost the album a few years back.

this track with P is good (belongs in the flow fred)

EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:16 PM   #9
KBOS
emceeeees kick tha bucket

KBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkey

this is cam'rons illest banger IMO - ive bumped this in the whip and had suburban friends ask me to change the track cuz it was too rugged for them LMAO

Old 02-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #10
Hollow Dartz
Don't grab my jacket dunn

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
^^ word Crime Pays was full of bangers, huge improvement after Killa Season which was a let down imo

His Public Enemy #1 mixtape is also insane
Yeah Killa Season was wack as fuck, Crime Pays was nice
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #11
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

hahaha fuckin whitebwoys, killa season shitted on crime pays!! Not even up 4 a debate!!

i pray for you if you and your famlies if u think any different.

crime pays was pretty good thouh!

Last edited by Ghost In The 'Lac; 02-04-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Ghost In The 'Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:52 PM   #12
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

KILLLLLLLAAAAAHHHH KIILLLLLLLLAAAAAAA

kILLA Season was wack?? The fwok you tawkin bout monee, Killa Season was FUCKING KILLA KRILLZ

THEN I AINT EVEN GOTTA MENTION IBS, WET WIPES, TOUCH IT OR NOT, OR YOU GOTTA LOVE IT (THE MOST BESTESEST JIGGA DISS OF ALL TIME)

You a poser if you dont htink Killa Season is a cam classic!!
Old 02-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #13
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
hahaha fuckin whitebwoys, killa season shitted on crime pays!! Not even up 4 a debate!!

i pray for you if you and your famlies if u think any different.

crime pays was pretty good thouh!
word killa season was crack!!!!

that joint upped the gritty!!!!!

cam went in on killa season, thats some cold street shit!!!!!! he had had flashes of prime killa on crime pays!!!!!

get him the right beats, and hes hittin a home run!!!!
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #14
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

I dont even understand why Killa Season getting this type of hate???

I swear Jigga and his network flexed a smear campaign on it so effectivly, people feel like they aint even gotta hear it. The whole album smashed, fuck what u heard, go and listen for your self, PURE KRILLZ.

We already got up half dozen K.S joints and havent even posted the well known bangers yet!

I forgot to even mention Get Em Daddy remix in my last post
Old 02-04-2010, 09:05 PM   #15
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

there were 6 or 7 nasty tracks that leaked before the album drop and were left off the album. Prolly why I dont feel the album so much