news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 02-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #31
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ i havent seen it yet dont fuck it!!!!
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #32
zeppelin2k
Masta Flows

zeppelin2k grasshopper

guess I am the only one who thinks this was an average flick, the twist was obvious, the acting was good though

I am getting sick of everything being green screen and indoor studio sets, Scorsese took it back with Departed but it looks like he's going george lucas on everybody again with all the studio sets

Solid 7/10 bc it is Martin

Keep it blacker than the back of ya necK
zeppelin2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:19 PM   #33
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST DISCIPLE View Post
I felt the exact same way!

I gotta see this movie again.

By the way, I really started to think about DiCaprios last words at the end of the movie.
Does anybody remember?

I'm afraid to reveal too much to the ones who haven't watched it yet :-)
the last words were...

(don't read this if you haven't seen the movie)

*****SPOILER ALERT*************

"Is it better to live as a monster, or die a good man?"

and yes, the twist was obvious pretty much right from the beginning, i don't think they built it up to be a huge shock...

the coolest and most obvious part where u knew SOMETHING was up was when they were interviewing that lady and she took a drink from a glass of water with no glass in her hand...

apparently there's more shit like that when u see the movie multiple times..
Old 02-24-2010, 08:23 PM   #34
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

the film was about the acting for leo imo. and some of the pretty nice looking dream scenes..as opposed to the plot.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:25 PM   #35
zeppelin2k
Masta Flows

zeppelin2k grasshopper

I will admit, that part where she drank nothing tripped me the fuck out lol
also I started cheering when Casey Jones made an appearance

Keep it blacker than the back of ya necK
zeppelin2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:35 PM   #36
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
the film was about the acting for leo imo. and some of the pretty nice looking dream scenes..as opposed to the plot.
co-sign the dream scenes..

they were without a doubt the coolest and most accurate depiction of dream that i've ever seen on film....especially the first one he had of his wife in the apartment, that shit gave me the chills

and i agree that Leo's acting was superb but i also felt his partner was terrific and the girl, Michelle Williams, was amazing especially in the ending (which was rough---I saw it with a co-worker whose a big football player dude and he was gettin broken up)

like most Scorcese flicks it's got a few scenes that just scorch onto your brain permanently...
Old 02-25-2010, 10:10 AM   #37
stashlova

stashlova crouching tigerstashlova crouching tiger

Sorry guys but this movie was HORRIBLE - except for the last 30 minutes. Took way too long to get to the point. The dream scenes were excellent(the ashes one was incredible) but it was a snoozer for 2hrs straight. I didnt care about any of the characters until the last 30 minutes. Don't waste your life seeing this in the theater. Definitely a renter. This is nowhere in the league of The Departed. Ya'll are buggin

"Cause she's my bitch - the only cat that i lick
Throwin that ass like Ciara on the top of that whip...""
stashlova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #38
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

i'm gonna actually go out and see this one.....looks really good....

i should have seen the book of eli 2....the copy i got sucked but that was one of the best flicks ive seen in a long time....

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #39
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin2k View Post
I will admit, that part where she drank nothing tripped me the fuck out lol
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #40
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Looks pretty bad, but i'll probably check it out just because Scorsese is involved.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #41
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

it's definitely a downer hah, but a great film. the ending depressed the entire movie theater. good twist at the end
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:48 PM   #42
Dr Sleepwalker
Sleepyheaded Nonsense

Dr Sleepwalker iron monkeyDr Sleepwalker iron monkeyDr Sleepwalker iron monkeyDr Sleepwalker iron monkey

A week or so after seeing this my opinion of the movie has only improved. Once you've seen it, than it just sits in your brain and you dwell the events of the movie when you think back on it.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #43
Cee Oh Vee
Capo

Cee Oh Vee drunken mastaCee Oh Vee drunken masta

An amazing film. Watched it this morning and I was completely taken back by it.

Well worth watching. 4/5.

I seek refuge with the Lord of Daybreak

Cee Oh Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:22 PM   #44
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I don't know why the critics are being so hard on this movie. maybe they expected more from Scorsese. whatever it's a great movie
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:12 PM   #45
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sleepwalker View Post
A week or so after seeing this my opinion of the movie has only improved. Once you've seen it, than it just sits in your brain and you dwell the events of the movie when you think back on it.
i semi agree with this.

i was slightly disappointing at the end. but rethinking everything that happend and how it was done my opinion of it has improved a little.

not a bad flick, not really great though, i do wish i would have waited till dvd though.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote