news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: Rating
10 0 0%
9 1 100.00%
8 0 0%
7 0 0%
6 0 0%
5 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2005, 11:29 AM   #1
Mark
Mayoya

Mark grasshopper
Default Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 2

Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 2

Review from forummember Hon. Pat Bateman vbmenu_register("postmenu_197968", true);

1. Intro

2. Point of No Return - One of the best tracks on the album, nice beat and tech brings his classic, thought provoking lyrics in his fucking ill, raw style. (9/10).

3. Peruvian Cocaine - Another ill track, good collabo with CrazyWalz, Pumkinhead, Loucipher, Tonedeff, Diabolic and Poisen Pen, each MC spits fire on this track. the story of the path of cocaine from south america to the US is intricately constructed with each MC representing a different link in the chain. (8/10).

4. Harlem Streets - Probably my favourite beat off the album, sound nice drums with sort of guitar style sounds. tech is nice with the rhymes as usual as he spits about the struggle of growing up in harlem, the manipulation of the people and critiques the hypocrisy of capalism within the US. nice track (9/10).

5. Obnoxious - Not the my favourite beat by a long shot but it fits the feeling and message of the track well, with tech ripping it, spitting about everything fucked up in the world. (8/10)

6. The Message and The Money - this track serves it purpose well, critiques the music industry. tech gets some shit off his chest. (7/10).

7. Industrial Revolution - sick track, ill beat and tech is as aggresive as he gets. message concerning end to slaverey, and the way in which over time advancements in technology will indirectly free people. (8.5/10).

8. Crossing the Boundary - another great track, nice beat and tech is consistent as always, again getting shit off his chest from historical misconceptions to political controversial incidents. (9/10)

9. Sierra Maestro - ill beat, pretty decent intrumental skit. tech says on the album cover " i did this to make niggaz mad at the fact that i can just take a really hot track and make a skit out of it". (7/10)

10. 4th Branch - up there with the best on this album, emotional, aggresive critique of the failure of media to scrutinize the 3 branches of governement. like the beat fits nicely wioth the track and again tech is on point with his rhymes. (8.5/10).

11. Internally Bleeding - didnt really like the beat alot on this track, kind of over done in my opinion. still not a bad track by any means, just probably not as good as everything on the first half of the album. nice, dark track. (7/10).

12. Homeland and Hip Hop

13. The Cause of Death - another ill track, one of the best beats on the album. tech expresses his various theories. it doesnt matter whether you agree or not it is still thought provoking as tech says "i encourage people to disagree and do the research themselves". (8.5/10)

14. Freedom of Speech - an interesting track, the beat actually sounds ok, strange sounds but still sounds good although the hook is kind of annoying. tech flows well in synch with the beat. (7.5/10)

15. Leaving the Past - relaxed track compared with the rest of the album, the beat is decent and would have been a good way to go out on the album in my opinion. overall a good track. (7.5/10)

16. Truths Razor -

17. You Never Know - my least favourite track one this album, just seems out of place in a way. i have no problem with tracks like this but with the whole feel of the album being about cultural criticism and aggresion it doesnt quite fit. some might say it gives some balance to the album, but it is a bit to rnb for me. (7/10).

18. One (Remix) - alright track, not a big fan of this type of beat but thats just me. the rhymes are decent and the beat is bareable with some nice drums. (7/10).

Overall i really liked this album, one of my favourites. the tracks express raw aggresion and present an ulterior opinion to that of which we are exposed to normally, no matter if you agree or not. the production is consistent throughout the album with some standout tarcks including point of no retrurn, harlem streets, peruvian cocaine, industrial revolution, 4th branch and crossing the boundary. the frist half of the album is near classic but for me the second half could have been better.

Overall score = 8/10

Last edited by Longbongcilvaringz; 05-09-2008 at 05:50 AM.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 11:41 AM   #2
Mark
Mayoya

Mark grasshopper
Default Re: Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Vol. 2

Bangin political but also paranoid hiphop music. Some hot joints and crazy beats on this disc. Peruvian Cocaine is just a perfect beat. Emotions go deep in You Never Know and Bush and the white house gets decapitated on The Cause of Death and 4th Branch. Too much paranoid imo, Technique thinks there is more freedom in Iraq than in USA.

7/10

Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 01:45 AM   #3
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

mumbia abu jamal here some info on this cat

http://www.freemumia.org/intro.html

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 01:59 AM   #4
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ah, thank mate. just wierd how he doesnt explain who he is but keeps on saying he is in the struggle, like oppressed and stuff.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 02:02 AM   #5
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

in the article it metions rage against the machine but not immortal technique. what swines.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:39 PM   #6
hellbound
since birth...

hellbound grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to hellbound

7 it was pretty good. not a fan of his flow but i like his lyrics and the concept tracks
Old 10-02-2005, 10:50 PM   #7
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

10/10

this album blew me away
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 12:31 AM   #8
Fragmented
Tian Xia

Fragmented grasshopper

9/10 i didn't mind this album at first, but i've grown to really like it modern classic to me
Fragmented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 12:52 AM   #9
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

9/10 dope ass album, just don't be so quick to dismiss him as paranoid, a lot of truth lies within his lyrics, pay attention and study up. peace
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 05:11 PM   #10
DaHost

DaHost grasshopper

9 just the album i needed at that time
DaHost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:46 AM   #11
Polocash7
Veteran Member

Polocash7 shaolin monk

9/10- hot ass LP
Old 10-13-2005, 06:13 PM   #12
Chief 'Broom
Veteran Member

Chief 'Broom shaolin monk

the person that gave it a 1 must be a conservative
Chief 'Broom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:07 PM   #13
Longbongcilvaringz

the person who gave it 1 must be retarded.

Old 10-13-2005, 08:32 PM   #14
Chief 'Broom
Veteran Member

Chief 'Broom shaolin monk

probably homosexual too
Chief 'Broom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 04:40 AM   #15
Longbongcilvaringz

i wouldnt rule it out, probably vegetarian.

beef and brocolli bitch.