news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat > Video Subforum

Old 02-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #31
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Fubu View Post
But TIger made a deal with the media, and the media made Tiger rich, so he can't really complain about it now.
True.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:40 AM   #32
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
I don't give a shit who tiger fucks, but he has a responsibility to his sponsors to maintain an image, and he fucked it up.

I'm sick of this fucking story, and the media coverage is annoying as fuck.

But TIger made a deal with the media, and the media made Tiger rich, so he can't really complain about it now.

He's a fucking dork anyway.
tiger made a deal with the media?
how much did they pay him?

i thought he got rich from winning majors in a superhumanly short amount of time which made companies want to associate their products with that winning record.

i had no idea that the media signed his checks or even had control over whether or not he got exposure.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #33
Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
Irondan 2: Curly's Gold

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Don't dance with the devil and then get upset when he tries to grind his cock into your asshole through your tight cotton/spandex pants when a Lil John song plays.

Or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.
Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:44 AM   #34

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post
tiger made a deal with the media?
how much did they pay him?

i thought he got rich from winning majors in a superhumanly short amount of time which made companies want to associate their products with that winning record.

i had no idea that the media signed his checks or even had control over whether or not he got exposure.
?

Did he make more money winning majors or via endorsements?

Was he tricked into signing endorsements? Was he forced?

Was he unaware of morality clauses in his contracts?

Quote:
Old 02-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #35
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:

Bullshit.

Tiger made Tiger rich by being the youngest Masters winner of all time, being probably the greatest golfer of all time, and being the first black man to dominate or even play Golf.

Media had shit all to do with it!
Old 02-20-2010, 11:49 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
Bullshit.

Tiger made Tiger rich by being the youngest Masters winner of all time, being probably the greatest golfer of all time, and being the first black man to dominate or even play Golf.

Golf made tiger some money

The media made him RICH.

He allowed himself to become a media icon.

He carefully sculpted his own image by USING THE MEDIA.

Nobody made Tiger appear in tons of commercials or advertisements.

Quote:
Old 02-20-2010, 11:50 AM   #37
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
Bullshit.

He earned a substantial amount of money through his endorsments with Nike alone.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:51 AM   #38
SID
I see you dawg

Quote:
?

Did he make more money winning majors or via endorsements?

Was he tricked into signing endorsements? Was he forced?

Was he unaware of morality clauses in his contracts?
Old 02-20-2010, 11:51 AM   #39
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

wait, your including Nike and his sponsors into the media?

what?
Old 02-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #40
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

sponsors are not the media.
and his two biggest sponsors nike and gatorade have not dropped him.
this tv event was what tiger agreed to do before coming back to golf.

golf is hurting without him and not even the PGA wants to see him go.
they told him to apologize and come on back.
i bet that this goes quiet very soon.
they won't do him like vick.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:53 AM   #41

Look at the image TIger worked so hard to craft for himself.

It was so phony and prefabricated and almost inhuman.

That's why when he behaves like a human it is such a big deal.

He bit the hand that fed him.

Quote:
Old 02-20-2010, 11:53 AM   #42
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

he didn't use the media to shape his image.
he stayed away from the media as much as possible.
thats why this came as a surprise.

stop making things up dan.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:55 AM   #43
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

the media shaped an image for him because he didn't provide an image for them to brodcast.

he was very private.

his only image was him winning majors.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #44
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

The reason the media are flipping out now is because theyve actually finally got some personal info on him, and theyre making up for lost time.

He was never a media whore. A corporate whore-yes.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post
sponsors are not the media.
and his two biggest sponsors nike and gatorade have not dropped him.
this tv event was what tiger agreed to do before coming back to golf.

golf is hurting without him and not even the PGA wants to see him go.
they told him to apologize and come on back.
i bet that this goes quiet very soon.
they won't do him like vick.

What does this have to do with the conversation?

SPonsors convey tiger's image to the media. BY hooking up with sponsors, he is using the media to make money.

That is the entire essence of a sponsorship.

I think this will go away quick, too.

I'm only stating why this is such a big story and why the media is all over it.

Because he contradicted the image of himself that HE constantly pushed into the media.

Quote: