news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 02-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #31
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry! View Post
its interesting...

the original blueprint is a classic album, hands down, 5 mic easy....

but jigga came way harder lyrically on TBA, every verse, go ahead and quote it!!!!!!!!!!!

blueprint 2 had some incredible records, but it was all over the place, it lacked a focus... TBA might be his most focused work ever!!!!!!!!!!!

im just thinkin back on this record, jay covered every angle!!!!!!!

"december 4th" is one of the realest songs the nigga ever made, aside from his moms playing favorites with her kids, that record is flawless!!!!!!! visual storytelling, and his thoughts were clear and easy to read!!!!!!!!

and niggas hate on eminems production endlessly... "moment of clarity" is a mafuckin banger, fuck what you heard, em can make a clunker just as easily as he can make a heater!!!!!!!!!!!! niggas spaz on his beats, jay bodies that track, the hook on that is an all time jigga moment.. nigga name drops every album in the chorus and it makes perfect sense, genius!!!!!!!!!

jays skillset was out of control in this time frame!!!!!!!!

"encore"?!?!?!?!? classic emcee record..

"young H-O, raps grateful dead, bout to take over the globe, now break bread"

he tried telling you niggas this shit is forever!!!!!!! i think jay wanted TBA album to be his last album, but the emcee spirit is tough to break!!!!!! kingdom come was like an old pro getting back in the gym, a warm up fight.... the HBO comeback fight was the american gangster album!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amen and amen

"aside from his moms playing favorites with her kids"

HHAhahhaahah a

Quote:
and niggas hate on eminems production endlessly... "moment of clarity" is a mafuckin banger, fuck what you heard, em can make a clunker just as easily as he can make a heater!!!!!!!!!!!! niggas spaz on his beats, jay bodies that track, the hook on that is an all time jigga moment
aint that the motherfucking truth

m.o.c is a album highlight. lets not forget Em learnt his production under one of the best, and he knows what an emcee is looking for in a beat. and jay sounds intense on that joint

hear him out

I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
(But i did five Mil)
I ain't been rhymin like Common since
When your sense got that much in common
And you been hustlin since
Your inception
Fuck perception
Go with what makes sense

Since
I know what i'm up against
We as rappers must decide what's most impor-tant
And i can't help the poor if i'm one of them
So i got rich and gave back
To me that's the win, win

The next time you see the homie and his rims spin
Just know my mind is workin just like them
(The rims that is)

And thats real fuck all these haters always like "jay sold out and went commercial" wtf you talking about? When? All his albums have been real to me. His lyrics have always been center stage. His producers have always been tight.

Hes never even had a number 1 single. Haters talk about Jay Z like he released a 'Lollipop'
Old 02-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #32
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post

Hes never even had a number 1 single. Haters talk about Jay Z like he released a 'Lollipop'
wait what?? Jigga never ever had a #1 single?? i kinda find it hard to believe that, what about that song with Rhianna wasn't that number 1. "Hard Knock Life", "Big Pimpin'"?? those shit were EVERYWHERE back in the late '90s. he dropped alot of ill singles, with just slightly more commercial appeal than the rest of his albums. great live artist as well.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #33
Frank Sobotka
Veteran Member

Frank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
wait what?? Jigga never ever had a #1 single?? i kinda find it hard to believe that, what about that song with Rhianna wasn't that number 1. "Hard Knock Life", "Big Pimpin'"?? those shit were EVERYWHERE back in the late '90s. he dropped alot of ill singles, with just slightly more commercial appeal than the rest of his albums. great live artist as well.
Empire State of Mind was #1
Run this town peaked at #2.

FUnny how BP has his highest charting singles.

I'm sure Hard Knock Life & BIg pimpin sold more tho, just more competition back then I guess.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:24 PM   #34
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post

aint that the motherfucking truth

m.o.c is a album highlight. lets not forget Em learnt his production under one of the best, and he knows what an emcee is looking for in a beat. and jay sounds intense on that joint
ill never understand the flack em catches as a producer, son pretty much produced the eminem show in full and thats a classic album!!!!!!!!!!!!

i get the flack he catches for that 2pac loyal to the game record (altering 2pac vocals... disgraceful), but other than that... one of the best emcee/producers of all time, undoubtedly!!!!! hes a dre apprentice!!!!! that means crystal mixing, heavy drums, and a signature style, very mechanical!!!!!! i know for a fact most emcees love his beats... hes got bangers, catalog speaks for itself!!!!!!!!!!

and jays first # 1 record was empire state of mind....

i actually liked blueprint 3, but that albums a victory lap!!!!!!!!! hes coasting on that, hes leaving room for the next one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #35
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

Black album is like graduation for me. I would enjoy it a lot more if a huge chunk of the album wasn't beaten to death by the radio. And even when you subtract the overplayed songs you still got wack ish like Justify My thug and Drunk and Hot Girls.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:31 PM   #36
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
Nope. Never had a #1 single until that alicia keys song recently.

take a look for yourself http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay-Z_discography

but hes mentioned this himself dozens of times to show people how great he is. as if to say i can be this big sell this many albums and i dont even need a number 1 single.

i agree with him. look at the last time he put a female singer on his single before this album - 2002.

thats 8 years. before that? 1996 - mary J. (there was one in 98 with mashonda but it was a non event)

and rappers think they need to have a rnb bitch on their shit to be succesful.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:35 PM   #37
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungSunny View Post
Black album is like graduation for me. I would enjoy it a lot more if a huge chunk of the album wasn't beaten to death by the radio. And even when you subtract the overplayed songs you still got wack ish like Justify My thug and Drunk and Hot Girls.
"Justify My Thug" was flavor, but the other track you mentioned was a wack song from Kanye Wests third album.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:31 PM   #38
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

^Duh.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:52 PM   #39
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

So what happens when an album you own becomes a certified classic?

Do sirens go off with a blast of confetti?

Do you guys skip around the house doing the gas face?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:55 PM   #40
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Bateman View Post
It's pretty great.

Much better than The Blueprint, which everyone insists is a classic.

So why not.

I agree. I never understand what made The Blueprint so great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:37 PM   #41
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

great album, last Jay-Z album far as im concerned.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:38 PM   #42
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Sinclair View Post
and ill even 3rd that.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:15 AM   #43
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Sinclair View Post
Soft pseudo soul beats.

Made it a 10/10 for a lot people here.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:44 AM   #44
fatboybrandon
Your fav. artist's artist

fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I think The Blueprint marked a strong return of the sound of sampling vinyl back into the forefront of hip hop, especially Soul. For the fact that the album and Jay was so popular at the time it brought that classic element back in front of alot of people's ears. Many albums after til this day have been influenced by that one quality, that sampling renaissance is very important.

I know, people were still sampling shortly before and during Blueprint, but the album introduced some fresh new ways of doing it by Kanye, JB, Bink at a high level of media exposure. Whether someone likes or dislikes the actual sound of the album is a fair matter of opinion that I respect.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:55 AM   #45
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

What are you on about? Im not knocking the dude but his albums are made for the commercial public rather than for the hip hop world. As far as im concerned dude talked himself into being regarded as one of the best.

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote