news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 02-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #1
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Mystery of Chessboxing (aka, Ninja Checkmate)

I think this title deserves its own thread, since I think it's the best kung fu film ever made. it might also be the most influential for wu-tang clan, aside from 36th chamber of shaolin. I know they titled a song from their debut album after it, and Ghost's debut Ironman has some samples from the movie.

Ghost Faced Killer might be the best villain in all kung fu movies. the fight scenes are well done, pretty decent story, and the dialogue is nice with some insightful philosophies. also the setting and costumes are cool.

theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
EAGLE EYE
Operation Guillotine

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

has this been ripped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

say what
Old 02-23-2010, 10:44 PM   #4
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

any stream links?

UNRELATED BUT, BEWARE:
https://soundcloud.com/frieza-saga
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:39 PM   #5
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I own over 300 Kung Fu flicks and besides the fact that Ghostface Killer is one of the best villains ever I've never understood why this movie is rated so highly, hell its not even the best Jack Long flick, 7 Grandmasters is way better.

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:09 PM   #6
theheavens
Banned

I can't find any legit stream of the movie, but on Youtube, they have the entire movie, starting with part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4yayQ21jbA

7 Grandmasters is one of the best, no doubt. highly up there. but along with the badass villain, the other nice thing about Chessboxing is that it's more simplistic than the others. it's just like: one village, one villain, ordinary citizens, etc... not too much superstition. it might actually be the most "realist" kung-fu movie, but that's not saying much.