news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: Rate The Manifesto
5 Star Classic 6 7.50%
4 Star Banger 25 31.25%
3 Star Decent 28 35.00%
2 Star Boring 12 15.00%
1 Star Wack 9 11.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2010, 03:23 PM   #16
RagapanD-ZALLAH
A better Title Than Yours

RagapanD-ZALLAH shaolin monk

good review man
Though i do think this is better than Dopium. And was that U-God on We Get down hook?
lol

All In Together Now

Genius . Steels . Mcgirt
Youtube - RagapanD - http://www.youtube.com/user/RagapanD
RagapanD-ZALLAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:58 PM   #17
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

Is that Fes Taylor on Luv Letter?
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:08 PM   #18
New Hills 36
PRODIGAL SUN

New Hills 36 iron monkeyNew Hills 36 iron monkeyNew Hills 36 iron monkeyNew Hills 36 iron monkey

Good review BR. Early days yet but this is good lp I think - certainly one I will play more than the Movement (just couldn't get anywhere with that one).

I'm with Angry on Crazy - top banger. (err is it Ueuy on Gotta Bang?)

Nice one Deck - deffo coppin - (not sure I'm into this early downloading but I did it - it's a bit crap paying money for something you already have)
New Hills 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #19
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
I'm not going to explain how averages work with you, buy a book or something.
Fuck an average nigga...it's not better than US. If anything you need to fix something..
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #20
Crackhead Bob
Lesbian Flamingo

Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It's hard to explain, I did the track averages when it first came out and I didn't like it as much as I did Dopium, still going back and looking at it, I don't think Substance has more than 5 classics on it, and there are a few really horrible tracks on there, that's not saying Dopium doesn't (remixes), but if you took statistics, you would know that those two numbers are so close, it's an insignificant difference. I think the two albums are in the ballpark of each other. Do I think Uncontrolled Substance is a better album? Well, having ten years to grow on me, I'd say probably.

Crackhead Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:47 PM   #21
DRUNKENARTS
BONG BONG

DRUNKENARTS crouching tiger

very good review b-rock, from the few tracks iv heard from this i like wat i hear, but i dont see this being close to uncontrolled substance....... time will tell, ima wait 4 the hard copy
Old 03-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #22
SKAMPOE
Killem All

SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)
Send a message via Skype™ to SKAMPOE

props and thanks for the review, i will change all the names and put mines on it...jk

but yo
u must type liek 420 werds every thirty seconds huh?

i bet u werk in the courts typing thos sausages
SKAMPOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:59 PM   #23
Crackhead Bob
Lesbian Flamingo

Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

nah, I just hunt and peck, the sausages get in the way

Crackhead Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:23 PM   #24
SKAMPOE
Killem All

SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Quote:
2.5/5

few good bangers, but overall some boring shit. ...SICKDOG
boring? lol man, this shit hits home to any real street niggaz... 5 stars , repped for the review.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #25
FatherSl!me
King Of The Creeps

FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

quick. someone get me a download link
Old 03-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #26
SKAMPOE
Killem All

also cats expectin rza beats all the time... rza is not the same rza we fell in love wiff..
Old 03-01-2010, 04:29 PM   #27
SKAMPOE
Killem All

i havent heard a rza beat i loved since the bob digi album the birth..
Old 03-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #28
IrOnMaN
{-____-}

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Nice review, B! Are you a journalist?

Last edited by IrOnMaN; 03-02-2010 at 10:50 AM.
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:09 PM   #29
DNasteee
SLIMEY SAVAGE

DNasteee shaolin monk

Nice review, I mostly agree with your ratings system as well other than Uncontrolled Substance being behind Dopium...

Production didn't have to come from Rza for my taste, it just have to be better...and I understand hot beats alone don't make an album, but neither does great lyrics...you need both, this is music after all, and Production quality is a big chunk to that equation..

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but I don't understand how anyone can realistically rate this album a 5 star classic. Even 4 is really pushing it.
DNasteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:40 PM   #30
Gitche Manito
Le Maître de la Vie

Gitche Manito shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
Uncontrolled Substance is not a certified anything.
Indeed it is not. I'm not a big fan of it.

This one though, is quite to my liking.

I'll try to buy it on the 9th, if distribution works the way it should.
Comme les ombres de la nuit.
Gitche Manito is offline   Reply With Quote