news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: Rate The Manifesto
5 Star Classic 6 7.50%
4 Star Banger 25 31.25%
3 Star Decent 28 35.00%
2 Star Boring 12 15.00%
1 Star Wack 9 11.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2010, 05:55 AM   #31
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickdog View Post
2.5/5

few good bangers, but overall some boring shit.
this says it all. not worth buying, if you haven't heard it yet. some people liked it, but universally it's not really loved. IMO it's his worst project til' this day.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:39 AM   #32
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

IMO, you're an idiot. Get much out of the snippets you listened to once?

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:51 AM   #33
sickdog
PRODIGAL SUN

sickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkey

iam not buyng this fo sure.
sickdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:18 AM   #34
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
IMO, you're an idiot. Get much out of the snippets you listened to once?
I downloaded it and even posted a link in our Non-Ignorants section, go ask.

Other than some new flows he is rocking everything is pretty lame on this album. But that's my opinion, like I said, some people like the album, some don't. I'm in the latter.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:47 AM   #35
kingaaronz
PRODIGAL SUN

kingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venoms

Worst Wu solo album I've ever heard. I mean, there's a few good tracks but overall it's pretty much just shit. Anyone else notice how slower Deck is on the mic now? His flow is deteriorating which is a sad sight. Rhymes are still deep, though.
kingaaronz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:05 AM   #36
Cilvakingz

Cilvakingz crouching tiger

I agree with Beautifulrock : this is a slow burner

listen to it once only and you won't grasp it, listen to it regularly and it will open up to you as his most solid effort to date.

Deck always tried to get away from thé wu sound on solo discs , now for the first time he managed to do just that in a quality way

If Manifesto shows Deck at his best when he thinks out of the Wu box, fingers crossed then for the Rebellion if he could make that the opposite and present us the Wu side of Deck
Old 03-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #37
Leo Angel
Veteran Member

Leo Angel crouching tigerLeo Angel crouching tiger

nice album, but there is no comparison with Uncontrolled Substance... US was a superior album IMO
Leo Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #38
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I mean, I already have more experience with this album than most people, just having done the lyrics, but listening multiple times, the lyrics become hypnotic and I find myself spitting out lines here and there, it really is a great album if you give it a chance. I would say it's def on par with Substance, not on the same level as say OB4CL2, but a solid 4.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
Old 03-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #39
duotone
PRODIGAL SUN

duotone crouching tiger

i dont think that this gonne be better than us....
i get my copy next week from amazon...

i buy music before listening... anticipation is the best.. i miss the 90s where you bought a cd because of the love to the artists and some reviews or MTV videos...
i still support the fam!

http://www.youtube.com/du0t0ne
duotone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:55 PM   #40
New Hills 36
PRODIGAL SUN

New Hills 36 iron monkeyNew Hills 36 iron monkeyNew Hills 36 iron monkeyNew Hills 36 iron monkey

Deck's timing when he spits on this lp is.....exquisite
New Hills 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:24 AM   #41
Gitche Manito
Le Maître de la Vie

Gitche Manito crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Angel View Post
nice album, but there is no comparison with Uncontrolled Substance... US was a superior album IMO
I can't stand Uncontrolled Substance, the beats and Deck's performance don't cut it for me.

I didn't care much for Deck's solo efforts before this one. It is definitely the best Deck solo album to date in my opinion.

Buying a hard copy tomorrow.
Comme les ombres de la nuit.
Gitche Manito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #42
Leo Angel
Veteran Member

Leo Angel crouching tigerLeo Angel crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitche Manito View Post
I can't stand Uncontrolled Substance, the beats and Deck's performance don't cut it for me.

I didn't care much for Deck's solo efforts before this one. It is definitely the best Deck solo album to date in my opinion.

Buying a hard copy tomorrow.
it's all about opinions bro

peace
Leo Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #43
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

Alot of good tracks, alot of weak tracks.

Iv given quite a few spins, but its not holding me in like I want it too

'Really Real' is that shit tho. One of the best joints on the album

As a whole, I'll give it a 3/5 so far. Too many cats here (Skamp...) are overrating this too much. Im still gonna buy it if I see it in stores tho, dont get me wrong
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #44
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Really real has the biggest no homo moment on the album. See Carlton Fisk's last line.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #45
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

ahaaa I never picked up on that

"watch me get that man off"....
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote