news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 04-01-2010, 09:29 PM   #151
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

the he is us.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:44 PM   #152
Rollo
An act of God

Rollo drunken mastaRollo drunken mastaRollo drunken masta

You have free will, but every choice that sits before you he already knows and since he is omniscient and omnipresent, he will always know what you are going to do.
You have the freedom to choose anything, however anything you choose he will have foreknowledge of.

Even when he doesn't know he knows...
As he exist in an infinite number of forms and everywhere through out eternity..

He is not a person... callybasi
Old 04-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #153
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

he isnt a person..hes a 6 foot rabbit with pink overalls that hands out chocolates and hides rotten eggs.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #154
Rollo
An act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
he isnt a person..hes a 6 foot rabbit with pink overalls that hands out chocolates and hides rotten eggs.
As I told someone earlier in the thread, he is defined by certain characteristics that you don't get to change. Even if you think he is a myth, you have no continuity over the concept as it isn't your intellectual property.

What he can do, isn't up for debate. That's a part of what the character is.

If you aren't addressing an omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent God, you aren't addressing God at all.
All arguments must be made with these already accepted.

It's kind of like saying Wolverine doesn't have steel claws or that Barack Obama isn't mixed, it's not debatable.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #155
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

im not debating what attributes he has, my argument is that he WAS GIVEN them..by us.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:19 PM   #156
Rollo
An act of God

Quote:
im not debating what attributes he has, my argument is that he WAS GIVEN them..by us.
Doesn't matter if he was or not. My point was simply that he has them and free will with God is not a contradiction.

I'm not jumping into a does God exist debate because in the end neither side would give up their biases.
Most atheists have a "I don't like to be told I'm wrong, if I say it is it is complex" same with most religious people.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:23 PM   #157
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

am i really the only person that sees him arguing with himself?^^
Old 04-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #158
Rollo
An act of God

Quote:
am i really the only person that sees him arguing with himself?^^
I wasn't arguing with you, simply pointing out your prior post has nothing to do with what I said originally.
And I wasn't speaking to you when I made my statement about free will, it came up in a post from face of the golden falcon. You just assumed it was directed at you.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:36 PM   #159
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

no not necessarily..it just seems at times that ur less concerned with the topic and more concerned with how people handle it.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:46 PM   #160
Rollo
An act of God

I think objectivity is worth killing for.
If people are going to debate something and come to a conclusion, they should do it on certain terms.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #161
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i think dusk is feeling trapped under the rubble of a crumbling paradigm.
but i don't want to turn this into gen chat so i'll leave it there.

i really enjoyed this thread and the contributions from both sides, specifically rollo, drunken dragon and the usual suspects of course.

i think this is an example of ktl at its best. we hit the topic from all angles from science to philosophy to metaphysics to opinion and emotion. all while being civil yet passionate.

bravo.

i'm gonna rep this whole thread now.
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #162
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

bro are you serious? hahaha omg i love this forum...technically speaking everything ive said makes sense and supports my argument..and this is always the case..but when someone decides they disagree with what im saying, they decide im not making sense cuz they cant combat my logic. im not saying this in a contrived way, but seriously are you guys actually reading?
Old 04-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #163
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

__________________________________________________ _____

what we've been doing all along is trying to correct/adjust each others visions
sometimes that's painful
Old 04-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #164
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

right, explain to me how that remedies..or even appropriates the proper response.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #165
zeppelin2k
Masta Flows

zeppelin2k grasshopper
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikke View Post
I'm an atheist but instead of disregarding the concept of god I just looked at the universe for something that fits the definition of god.

As A Result I don't see god as a conscience but rather a name for all the powers that make the universe work.
God is often seen as the overseer & Controller of the universe, this transelates into gravity for example, it makes sure we stay on earth & the earth stays in orbit around the sun so that we hav elife.
Another example is Evolution, it oversees us and often gives what we need to survive.
the laws of the universe in other words

Keep it blacker than the back of ya necK
zeppelin2k is offline   Reply With Quote