news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 03-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #61
Rollo
An act of God

Rollo drunken mastaRollo drunken mastaRollo drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post
what you call new age is older than both religion and atheism.

asshole.
I call? Everyone calls! Although some might call it Oprah...
Crazy whore...
Old 03-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #62
Frank Sobotka
Veteran Member

Frank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venoms

Quote:
i don't see how those two things are in opposition.
If I have freewill he can't have complete power over me.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #63
DRUNKENDRAGON
Veteran Member

DRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkey

Quote:
no.
latinos are.
Those identifying themselves as atheists doubled from 7% in 1990 to more than 15% in 2009, making atheists officially the fastest growing minority in the US.

Quote:
you do have faith in the singularity. cause there is not a single shred of proof. NONE. ZERO.
The universe had a beginning, Hubble's Law, Penzia's and Wilson's CMB which pervades the universe, and the abundance of helium and hydrogen are but some of the evidence which supports the big bang.

Faith is a belief in something without evidence. You're showing a lack of understanding of what you're arguing against.

Quote:
science does try and is trying to find God. and in fact a large percentage of scientist believe in God.
This holds no significance whatsoever. Newton had several rather insane beliefs yet it does not mean gravity doesn't exist.

Quote:
i'm beginning to think that you don't even follow current science and are basing your perspective on old paradigms. show me why i'm mistaken.
I'm beginning to think you're trolling. No one could be this irredeemably stupid.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:07 PM   #64
DRUNKENDRAGON
Veteran Member

DRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkey

Quote:
i don't see how those two things are in opposition.
Free will is god given, therefore I have free will not by my own choice to have free will, but by god's edict that I MUST have free will. Can I choose NOT to have free will?

The term itself implies a path or road of goodness that should be followed, yet you have the choice to diverge, The problem arises when religions state any divergence from this path results in hellfire, reducing free will to a form of celestial rebellion which is in turn, punished. Doesn't sound like free will at all if you ask me.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:14 PM   #65
Rollo
An act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikke View Post
If I have freewill he can't have complete power over me.
You may have free will but your choices are ultimately limited to the possibilities he's allotted for you.
So... yes, he can.

Of course, even if you had free will beyond what he has allowed, being omnipotent means he can commit logical contradictions.
It's kind of like the Augustinian paradox, "Can God cast a stone so heavy, God himself cannot lift it?"

It's already acknowledged that since he is both omnipresent and omnipotent he can.
If he exists in one form which cannot and another which he can, well...

God isn't something you can really put a logical paradox on.
Humans and other material entities on the other hand, you can.
A better way to ask your question would be "If God is all knowing, how can I have free will? Surely I am not free to do anything outside of his knowledge" but even that falls to the previous scenerio I mentioned.

That leaves a salty taste in most people's mouths.
They'd rather have an answer that seems rational.
The problem is a God who can literally create from nothing isn't bound by our reason.

And that will continue to piss people off for years to come.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #66
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUNKENDRAGON View Post
Those identifying themselves as atheists doubled from 7% in 1990 to more than 15% in 2009, making atheists officially the fastest growing minority in the US.

The universe had a beginning, Hubble's Law, Penzia's and Wilson's CMB which pervades the universe, and the abundance of helium and hydrogen are but some of the evidence which supports the big bang.

the singularity. not big bang. the IDEA that everything was once one.
zero evidence.

Faith is a belief in something without evidence. You're showing a lack of understanding of what you're arguing against.

see above

This holds no significance whatsoever. Newton had several rather insane beliefs yet it does not mean gravity doesn't exist.

gravity is not completely understood. so this may or may not be true.

I'm beginning to think you're trolling. No one could be this irredeemably stupid.
you are beginning to sound like a fundamentalist who gets mad when his faith is challenged.

do some more studying then come back. we can continue this when you feel ready.

rollo gets rep for the last post.
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #67
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Free will is god given, therefore I have free will not by my own choice to have free will, but by god's edict that I MUST have free will. Can I choose NOT to have free will?
YES.
most people do actually -
if you base all your decisions on base desires, emotions, impulses and automated responses then you don't really have free will, do you?
Quote:
The term itself implies a path or road of goodness that should be followed, yet you have the choice to diverge, The problem arises when religions state any divergence from this path results in hellfire, reducing free will to a form of celestial rebellion which is in turn, punished. Doesn't sound like free will at all if you ask me.
you don't think there's a path of 'goodness' (for lack of better term) to be followed?
try living completely irrationally - try eating nothing but mcdonalds for a year - try punching random strangers -
and see what 'hellfire' you bring upon yourself

so yes - we have free will, even free will to live like a savage if we choose

Last edited by Mumm Ra; 03-22-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Mumm Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #68
Frank Sobotka
Veteran Member

Frank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venoms

Quote:

Lol Didn't look at it like that.

I'm going to use this in my anti-religion arguments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
You may have free will but your choices are ultimately limited to the possibilities he's allotted for you.
So... yes, he can.

Of course, even if you had free will beyond what he has allowed, being omnipotent means he can commit logical contradictions.
It's kind of like the Augustinian paradox, "Can God cast a stone so heavy, God himself cannot lift it?"

It's already acknowledged that since he is both omnipresent and omnipotent he can.
If he exists in one form which cannot and another which he can, well...

God isn't something you can really put a logical paradox on.
Humans and other material entities on the other hand, you can.
A better way to ask your question would be "If God is all knowing, how can I have free will? Surely I am not free to do anything outside of his knowledge" but even that falls to the previous scenerio I mentioned.

That leaves a salty taste in most people's mouths.
They'd rather have an answer that seems rational.
The problem is a God who can literally create from nothing isn't bound by our reason.

And that will continue to piss people off for years to come.
This sounds like "I have no proof whatsoever but it's true"
Old 03-22-2010, 06:03 PM   #69
Rollo
An act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikke View Post
Lol Didn't look at it like that.

I'm going to use this in my anti-religion arguments.

This sounds like "I have no proof whatsoever but it's true"

Sounds like you have no idea what you're arguing.
You cannot seperate the concept/definition of God from omnipotence, omnipresence and omniscience because that is a part of that concept/definition.
I'm not saying it exists or is a fact that happened.

I'm saying, that's what God(the idea, the possible being) is.
If you're trying to dispute God, that's what you are disputing.
If your argument doesn't address that, then you have no argument at all.

You have to know what you're debating before you draw up an argument.
Sounds like you don't...
Old 03-22-2010, 06:20 PM   #70
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ and yet modern science is moving closer each day to proving the universe itself is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient.
so why try to say 'god' is illogical and irrational? (not pointing to anyone specifically)

look at quantum entanglement for instance - all things are interconnected
Old 03-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #71
Frank Sobotka
Veteran Member

Quote:
Sounds like you have no idea what you're arguing.
You cannot seperate the concept/definition of God from omnipotence, omnipresence and omniscience because that is a part of that concept/definition.
I'm not saying it exists or is a fact that happened.

I'm saying, that's what God(the idea, the possible being) is.
If you're trying to dispute God, that's what you are disputing.
If your argument doesn't address that, then you have no argument at all.

You have to know what you're debating before you draw up an argument.
Sounds like you don't...
I see, Posted something similar on page 1 or 2.
Filling in the definition of "God" with what we do know and not some ridiculous speculation.

Thought you were some religious guy saying god is so great we as humans cannot grasp his existance (as in a consiousness).
Old 03-22-2010, 06:50 PM   #72
Rollo
An act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
^ and yet modern science is moving closer each day to proving the universe itself is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient.
so why try to say 'god' is illogical and irrational? (not pointing to anyone specifically)

look at quantum entanglement for instance - all things are interconnected
Well, the universe would be omnipresent, it isn't actually expanding into anything, it is everything.
However, omnipotent? It is still bound by the finite expressions and principles that define it.

I think the best argument for a God is that those principles and intelligible expressions exist to begin with.
intelligible languages, codexes, syntaxes all require a sentient oracle...

Before a material universe could exist, this information had to exist as it's own dimension.
Just as the blueprint of a home is made before hand, a blueprint of everything that was and will be must have been as well. The data already exists now, we're just uncovering it piece by piece. The problem with an omnipotent self creating universe is simply that information itself cannot poof into existence. As I said before, only a sentient being of some sort could have defined these laws and expressions.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #73
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Quote:

Before a material universe could exist, this information had to exist as it's own dimension.
Just as the blueprint of a home is made before hand, a blueprint of everything that was and will be must have been as well. The data already exists now, we're just uncovering it piece by piece. The problem with an omnipotent self creating universe is simply that information itself cannot poof into existence. As I said before, only a sentient being of some sort could have defined these laws and expressions.
now we're getting somewhere
Old 03-22-2010, 07:22 PM   #74
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

i forgot who i was talking to this about on here - but we mentioned that maybe god works through multiple faculties
maybe that 'information dimension' IS god?
formless...and being the information and foundation of all things in existence
Old 03-22-2010, 07:50 PM   #75
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

who said that one cannot learn anything in KTL ?