news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 06-16-2005, 08:33 PM   #1
dns

dns grasshopper
Default Questions for the Wu fam in the UK...

Does Wu and Nas get heavy spins over there?

Where the hell is Ms.Dynamite? A Little Deeper was a great album (even though they left the Nas version of "'Afraid To Fly" off on the US release.) Any new music from her?

Between Excailbur and Semtex, who's the nicest?

Why Craig David catch some much hate? (Born To Do It was also a very good album)?
dns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:45 PM   #2
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Re: Questions for the Wu fam in the UK...

May I add, hows the grime scene there going?

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:54 PM   #3
Da Ryda
a chink in your armour...

Da Ryda crouching tigerDa Ryda crouching tiger

Nas get half decent spins but nowhere near pop raps like 50 Cent (I'm really gettin annoyed with this guy, playing his shit all the fucking time). Wu is fucking forgotten.

4 in the morning on some pirate radio if you're lucky. Mans don't really check for Wu like that. Only the real headz know what Wu has done for people like 50 and appreciate Wu. Obviously, just about everybody heard of them so yeah... influential and old big Hip Hop groups always get props here. Like Public Enemy for example.

Ms. Dynamite was pregnant and wanted to have a year off. Personally I don't like her voice rapping or singing. Check out Est'elle instead. She's making big noise here right now

As for Excalibur and Semtex... I ain't never heard of them but then again I wouldn't know too much of UK Hip Hop. Top rappers in UK right now: Skinnyman (grimey whitey) , Klash-nekoff (touted as the best in UK), Roots Manuva and Kano. Althouth personally I can't stand that guy.

Craig David is hated here too but I think he's very talented and he does what he does best and people should lay off him, even in person he's very down to earth guy and he doesn't smoke, drink or fuck groupies or nothing.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:59 PM   #4
Da Ryda

Yeah... grime is real big right now... They're doing same shows as Coldplay, Franz Ferdinand and all them big rock names. Summer shows like Glastonbury, T in the park and all the Hyde Park shows are full of either grime acts or rock acts (yes all on the same bill). For instance, The Streets will come on stage and the crowd is going wild... then they leave and Kasabian (rock for those in not know) will come out on stage and the crowd goes wild again.
Even NME magazine will cover little bit on grime or hip hop in every issue.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:02 PM   #5
Da Ryda

btw, how the fuck do you know about grime and shit? Some girl in Canada was talking in grime slang like "don't watch that". I was confuzzled
Old 06-17-2005, 12:04 PM   #6
Ronin
WC LEGEND

Ronin shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Ronin

grime is wack, mike skinner and the wack ass compatriots like kano from his label are big now

mainstream is wack like usa's, but we have alot of talent

lewis parker, jehst, phi life etc still doing their thing

blak twang got new album coming soon
Old 06-17-2005, 12:11 PM   #7
dooboy
Veteran Member

dooboy grasshopper

can't get in2 the grime scene but my favourite mc's gotta be Roots Manuva, Black Twang & Skinnyman. Theres stacks of talent out there man

Must say that we aren't too badly done when it comes 2 shows (although they are almost all in London).Been 2 see wutang clan and KRS was over here too last week. immortal Technique is on this sunday!
dooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:23 PM   #8
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Ryda
btw, how the fuck do you know about grime and shit? Some girl in Canada was talking in grime slang like "don't watch that". I was confuzzled
Some dude on soulseek told me about it a while ago. Then I asked Soul Controller (remember him) about it.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:34 PM   #9
Rorschach
Sean.

Rorschach shaolin monk

Nas, and even more so the Wu get little to no coverage over here, they seem to be overlooked. Even Jay-Z who is such a media whore isn't too popular over here. On the real though, anything on Aftermath or Shady Records is given a disgusting amount of coverage.

As for Craig David, I don't feel him, but he makes R'n'B, so I can't see why he gets hate. He doesn't pretend to be a gangster so he's just doing what he does best.

Roots Manuva is the main artist I like from the UK, everything else(Skinnyman, Klash) I just listen to once in a while.
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:17 AM   #10
dns

dns grasshopper

Wow, that's dreadful you guys got hammered in the head with that atrocity known as Aftermath/G-Unit/Shad. Because of them, I don't never ever listens to the radio.

I thoughth Wu and Nas were getting more respect there?

Thanks for the info
dns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:27 AM   #11
ThePharaohNosferatu
The Sigung(Sifu's Master)

ThePharaohNosferatu grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to ThePharaohNosferatu Send a message via MSN to ThePharaohNosferatu

The media and Radio is almost the same EVERYWHERE!!!!!

Fuck the Radio!!!!!

"Yo MC's wonder what's hip-hop thunder
Tell you the truth it's just one nation under" - RZA

.:1 Nation Under:. l .:Hip-Hop Release Dates Thread:. l .:Upcoming Movies Thread:. l .:1 Nation Under Battle Tournament:.(MCs Needed to Join)
ThePharaohNosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote